Series 12 Ratings Thread

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

According to Tom Spilsbury on GoonBase the consolidated figures for Ascension of the Cybermen are 4.99m and its number 25 on the weekly chart.
iank

darnall42 wrote:News from Tom s on Gally base is that Timeless children got a provisional 3.78M (although tom now reckons it averages as 3.71M :) )
:lol:

An utter failure. And they're still wasting taxpayer's money on this sh*te. Though hopefully not for much longer...
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Timeless Children s AI was 82 apparently.
darnall42

The Ginger Cat wrote:The Timeless Children s AI was 82 apparently.
Better than Acsensition ,but still pretty poor for a finale episode ,have a feeling S12 will not only be the lowest rated nu who series but will have the lowest average AI score
Heccypoo

Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I see Countryfile is in Doctor Who's time slot this Sunday going forward...wonder if anyone will track the ratings for it just for a laugh?
darnall42

Zarius wrote:I see Countryfile is in Doctor Who's time slot this Sunday going forward...wonder if anyone will track the ratings for it just for a laugh?
Countryfile's ratings will tank though ,not only up against the final of dancing on ice (which has beaten doctor who every single week) but also it's the Crufts final live show which usually does well for Channel 4 .i can see on monday morning all the chibnall/whittaker fans saying who bad countryfile has done in the doctor who slot when in reality if doctor who were still on air it would also suffer even more in the ratings :)
darnall42

timeless children 7day ratings is 4.69m (thanx to Tom S on gally base)
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

darnall42 wrote:timeless children 7day ratings is 4.69m (thanx to Tom S on gally base)
Blimey that's not good. Think it's the lowest rated episode of NuWho innit?
darnall42

The Ginger Cat wrote:
darnall42 wrote:timeless children 7day ratings is 4.69m (thanx to Tom S on gally base)
Blimey that's not good. Think it's the lowest rated episode of NuWho innit?
Yeah ,replacing Eaters of light as the lowest episode
johnshoo

Yikes. That's dire.

I hate to say it, but maybe the BBC should consider a new showrunner even if series 13 is already going into production.
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

johnshoo wrote:
Yikes. That's dire.

I hate to say it, but maybe the BBC should consider a new showrunner even if series 13 is already going into production.

Totally agree.

If the pattern holds true, Series 13 will, of course, be starting off with less than 4 million viewers and then continue relentlessly downhill for the duration. :shock: :death:
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The latest ratings have now made headlines

Doctor Who season 12 ends on lowest ratings since 2005 reboot

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/09/doctor-s ... -12373071/
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Cygnus Prime wrote:If the pattern holds true, Series 13 will, of course, be starting off with less than 4 million viewers and then continue relentlessly downhill for the duration. :shock: :death:
I'll put the lights out.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Do lower ratings spell trouble for Doctor Who, or is the future still bright?

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020 ... explained/
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

“I think it’s fantastic and I think that, the production values obviously have never been better.”
Faint praise.
Sid Rat

Chibnall: “Last year was a recruiting year for the show, and I think we managed to recruit some people for the show. That’s exciting and obviously we kept the existing audience and built on that... In terms of external opinions, it’s not a democracy. We make the show we want to make.”

Metro: "Of the 10 least watched episodes since the show’s revival in 2005 – six of them are from the current series, according to Press Association."

Wikipedia: "In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality."
Braxiatel

Sid Rat wrote:Chibnall: “Last year was a recruiting year for the show, and I think we managed to recruit some people for the show. That’s exciting and obviously we kept the existing audience and built on that... In terms of external opinions, it’s not a democracy. We make the show we want to make.”

Metro: "Of the 10 least watched episodes since the show’s revival in 2005 – six of them are from the current series, according to Press Association."

Wikipedia: "In the psychology of human behavior, denialism is a person's choice to deny reality as a way to avoid a psychologically uncomfortable truth. Denialism is an essentially irrational action that withholds the validation of a historical experience or event, when a person refuses to accept an empirically verifiable reality."
He, Pier, and Charlotte would know, the [poopyheads].
Last edited by StarQuake on Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
shuzbot

Sid Rat wrote:Chibnall: “Last year was a recruiting year for the show, and I think we managed to recruit some people for the show. That’s exciting and obviously we kept the existing audience and built on that... In terms of external opinions, it’s not a democracy. We make the show we want to make.”

In Chibnall's quote, he admits ignoring criticism, that's not the same as denialism, nor is having a differing opinion, re the recruiting part of his statement.

Denialism would be claiming that the criticism isn't that wide spread or something similar.

Return to “SERIES 12”

• Information