Who Actors spotted in other TV or Films...

General Doctor Who discussion hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

I thought it would be a fun idea for a thread. :D

So what Doctor Who actors have you seen cropping up in other stuff on the Telly or in films?

I guess like everyone else I've seen quite a fair bit of Who actors in different things over the years, so I am just going to stick with the two I've seen most recently and that have stuck in my mind.

First there's Patrick Troughton as a hitman trying to pass himself off as"Jason King"in an episode from the series that bears the same name, entitled "That Isn't Me, It's Somebody Else",(1972).

Then there's Lalla Ward sporting some very big fangs in the Hammer horror film "Vampire Circus",(1972).

Spotted any familiar Who faces in other stuff recently?
The Krynoid Man

I bought a film a little while ago called 10 Rillington Place. Haven't watched it yet but I noticed it starred a certain John Hurt.

Speaking of vampires here's Sylvester McCoy in Dracula (1979)

Lalla Ward in an episode of the Professionals

And Here's Tom Baker in the Sid James sitcom George and the Dragon

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
Allons-y

Off the top of my head, Patrick troughton was in the first episode of inspector Morse, John hurt was in the excellent Ninteen Eighty-Four (1984), Christopher Eccleston was in Thor: the dark world, David tennant was in Harry potter and the goblet of fire and Matt Smith was in party animals
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
iank

John Hurt was also in Harry Potter (as Ollivander, the owner of the wand shop). :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Allons-y

iank wrote:John Hurt was also in Harry Potter (as Ollivander, the owner of the wand shop). :D
There you go, didn't pick up on that one
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Everyone who's anyone was in Harry Potter, and everyone who's anyone is in new Who.

So there you go!

David Tennant was also in the awful "Broadchurch", Christopher Eccleston was in "The Second Coming" and "The happiness salesman" and "28 days later" and "Shallow grave" iirc, Billie Piper was in "Diary of a call girl" and "Penny dreadful" ... er ... how long have you got?
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Krynoid Man

There was that dreadful John Lennon biopic Christopher Eccelston was in. Interesting fact, Paul McGann's brother Mark also played Lennon in a film and was in Let Him Have it with Eccelston. He also auditioned for the 8th Doctor.

Also Troughton was in an episode of The Sweeney.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
Allons-y

Bill Hartnell, Carry on Sergeant and The Mouse that Roared
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

nosfer2

Patrick Troughton was in The Box of Delights.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Pat troughton as a character who owned a car lot so murders Carters wife in the Sweeney episode Hit and run
The actress who plays Queen Thalira gets her knockers out in the Sweeney episode worth John Hurt in
Jon Pertwee in Whodunnit
Nicholas Courtney played the french Mayor opposite Anton Rodgers and Julia MacKenzie in French Fields
Jack Watling and Jack woolgar ( the staff sgt.in Web of Fear) in the Sweeney episode Ringer ( also Brian Blessed)
Elizabeth Sladen was the fruit n veg shop owner in Some Mothers do 'ave 'em
Peter Davison and Michael Troughton were in A Very Peculiar practice
There's a few for you for starters!
The Krynoid Man

Jean Marsh was the villain in Willow.
The Nimon

John Hurt in V for Vemdetta
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
The Krynoid Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsD6AL3HJtM

I know I keep posting but I'm really good at this.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Krynoid man wrote: Speaking of vampires here's Sylvester McCoy in Dracula (1979)

I had no idea Sylvester McCoy was in that version of "Dracula". Thanks "Krynoid Man" I'm going to look out for that film now. :)
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Krynoid man wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsD6AL3HJtM

I know I keep posting but I'm really good at this.
I'm not complaining. :D

Keep 'em coming!

P.S I still can't watch that chest bursting scene from "Alien" without feeling a bit queasy.
The Krynoid Man

The Ginger Cat wrote:
The Krynoid man wrote: Speaking of vampires here's Sylvester McCoy in Dracula (1979)

I had no idea Sylvester McCoy was in that version of "Dracula". Thanks "Krynoid Man" I'm going to look out for that film now. :)
I'd say watch the film because it's really good, but keep in mind he's not in it very much, in fact he only has one line in the whole film. According to IMDB most of his scenes were cut from the final film. When I met him at a convention earlier last year I was going to ask him how big his role was originally going to be, but instead I asked him if he can still put ferrets down his trousers (he told me he wore baggy trousers with a large pocket inside where he placed the ferret and was surprised when he heard that there where people who actually did it for real to try and copy him. He said that he really did hammer nails up his nose though, apparently he did that because he didn't have time to learn sword swallowing)
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Krynoid man wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:

I'd say watch the film because it's really good, but keep in mind he's not in it very much, in fact he only has one line in the whole film. According to IMDB most of his scenes were cut from the final film. When I met him at a convention earlier last year I was going to ask him how big his role was originally going to be, but instead I asked him if he can still put ferrets down his trousers (he told me he wore baggy trousers with a large pocket inside where he placed the ferret and was surprised when he heard that there where people who actually did it for real to try and copy him. He said that he really did hammer nails up his nose though, apparently he did that because he didn't have time to learn sword swallowing)
It dosen't matter even if McCoy's only in a blink and you'll miss it type role, I love a good "Dracula" film and any old excuse to throw one on the telly will do for me. :D
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

http://youtu.be/1gPP1go6v9w

Thriller " Nurse will make it better" , ATV early 70s, Pat Troughton and the woman who played Vira in The Ark in Space
daleks13

Tom Baker played a villain in an episode of remington steele
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

nosfer2 wrote:Patrick Troughton was in The Box of Delights.
Indeed. We have a copy of that and the title is fairly descriptive! :D
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D

Return to “GENERAL DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION”

• Information