Who Actors spotted in other TV or Films...

General Doctor Who discussion hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

John Levene was in last night's episode of Callan (I Never Wanted the Job).
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Currently watching Lalla Ward in Van der Valk.

https://twitter.com/TalkingPicsTV/statu ... 7109814273
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Watching the Adam Adamant Lives! Episode Village of Evil I spotted John Bailey and Stubbsy himself Christopher Coll.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Patrick Troughton (as a priest again) and William Russell in tonight's episode of Van der Valk (Accidental)
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Just saw Alex Kingston in THE WIDOW. Didn't recognise her - or rather I recognised her, but couldn't think who she was. Either she's changed quite a bit or they can do wonders with make up...
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Ginger Cat wrote:
The Krynoid man wrote: Speaking of vampires here's Sylvester McCoy in Dracula (1979)

I had no idea Sylvester McCoy was in that version of "Dracula". Thanks "Krynoid Man" I'm going to look out for that film now. :)
Five years on and finally I've managed to get around to seeing this film :lol:. I quite enjoyed it. Thought Sylvester cropped up in it a fair bit considering he wasn't playing a major character or anything like that. Didn't hardly speak in it though, granted.
darnall42

Ta;lking Pictures TV just aired episode 1 of freewheelers series 6 ,nice to see wendy padbury on the TV on saturday lunchtime :)
shuzbot

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Has anyone mentioned "Keeping Faith" ? Great couple of series', which prove that Eve Myles can act, and do a fantastic job of it. She's come a long way since Torchwood...
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
shuzbot

Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

The Ginger Cat wrote:Currently watching Lalla Ward in Van der Valk.

https://twitter.com/TalkingPicsTV/statu ... 7109814273

I watched her episode of The Protectors the other night and it was okay. Nothing more.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

LizR wrote:Has anyone mentioned "Keeping Faith" ? Great couple of series', which prove that Eve Myles can act, and do a fantastic job of it. She's come a long way since Torchwood...

The first season was excellent, not seen the second season yet.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
The Wooksta!

Not sure if this counts, but as Blake's 7 was produced by largely the same people as Who it kind of does.

Spotted Micheal Halsey (Tel Varon, Blake's defence lawyer in The Way Back and he popped up in Robert Holmes magnum opus episode Gambit) in a series one episode of Airwolf (Echoes of the Past). He's also a villain in a series 2 episode (HX1) which I'll be watching when I get through series 1.

I'll also throw in British actor David Hemmings, who's the creator of said helicopter and villain in the pilot episode Shadow of the Hawke and a digital ghost in, erm Moffet's Ghost. He also directed an episode or two.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
The Wooksta!

Tonight's Poirot on ITV 3 featured David Suchet (obviously!) and Mary Tamm.

And whilst watching series 1 of The Young ones today, I spotted Alexie Sayle and Chris Ryan, plus Patrick Newell (twice), Hale and Pace, and Cyril Shaps. I know that Damaris Hayman and Brian Croucher turn up in series 2.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

The Wooksta!

Cyrrently working my way through the Bill Maynard series The Gaffer. Loved it as a kid but obviously, being 7 the humour was way over my head. Some fantastic one liners.

So far, I've only spotted the sublime Russell Hunter, but will report anyone else if and when they pop up.

The Wooksta!

Milton Johns has turned up as a semi regular, in the form of the Bank Manager.

Also spotted Chris Langham, which is unusual in that it's been allowed to be released, given his current unperson status following his conviction for kiddie fiddling.

The Wooksta!

Bige watched the first season of Red Dwarf. Spotted Mark Williams and the guy who was General Smythe in The War Games, Noel?

I'll be watching Season 2 in due course and that's it, because nothing after the first two seasons is worth watching.

The Wooksta!

Season 2 of Red Dwarf yielded Mark Williams, reprising his role as Olaf Petersen and John Abineri as Rimmer's father.

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just finished watching Tales That Witness Madness that had Michael Jayston, Mary Tamm and Zohra Sehgal in.
The Wooksta!

Currently, I am mostly watching season 3 of Callan. So far, I've seen William Squire, Clifford Rose, Russell Hunter, Micheal Jayston, Harry Towb, Richard Hurndell and Joseph Furst has reprised his role from the pilot play (A Magnum for Schneider) as a nazi war criminal.

Return to “GENERAL DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION”

• Information