Who Actors spotted in other TV or Films...

General Doctor Who discussion hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Wooksta!

Graham Crowden has popped up too and the villain in the following episode was Camp Freddy himself, Tony Beckley.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
The Wooksta!

Still bingeing my way through Callan. Julian Glover, George Pravda, the aforementioned John Levene and William Marlowe appears later in the same episode as a gangster. He was my highlight so far because he's one of my favourite actors. Then it got better with Morris Perry and John Abineri appearing together in a later episode. I'm sure I spotted John Scott Martin as a waiter in one episode and Patrick Mower was squaring off against one of the HAVOC heavies (although I don't know which one) who appeared in the warehouse fight scene in Ambassadors of Death ep.1.

Now onto the final disc and the Richmond episodes - T.P. McKenna is back and christ, he's good!

I've yet to watch Wet Job, but apparently, it's sh*te.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

The Wooksta!

Wet Job was indeed terrible. No, that's not quite true. The writing was fine but the casting was off, it was too glossy and there was incidental music which the Thames series never needed.

Anyhoo, the villain was played by George Sewell and Hunter by Hugh Walters.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

David Tenant in "CRIMINAL" as a Doctor (hmm) accused of murdering his step daughter,

Well acted, but the script wasn't too good, with evidence magically appearing.
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Wooksta!

The black and white Callan episodes and I spotted - Joseph Furst, Duncan Lamont, Harry Towb, Frederick Jaeger, Derek Newark, Geoffrey Cheshire and Jerome Willis.

Rather miffed I've watched them all. May have to start devouring the two series guides...

cloudy day

I watched the first episode of the series "Fortitude" on Amazon Prime yesterday, with Chris Eccleston. It's kind of a mystery thriller (I read it has something to do with global warming) and it really grabs you right from the start. It has an international cast, I think.
We hope that our early successes make up for the embarrassing mess we’ve become. Like Facebook. Or America.
Eleanor Shellstrop
The Wooksta!

Slowly working my way through Out of the Unknown in no particular order. So far I've seen George Pastel, Roy Stewart, Hannah Gordon, Peter Copley, Jack May, Sylvia Coleridge in the B&W episodes I've watched so far.

Into colour with what little remains of series 3, so The Last Lonely Man (directed by Douggie Camfield with incidental music by Don Harper - and it's reused from either The Invasion or the Library album he did for De Wolfe) and we've got Bryan Mosely (more commonly seen as Alf Roberts from Coronation Street) and Peter Haliday. Can't see much of Beachhead, what with it being a reconstruction, but there is Vernon Dobtcheff and James Copeland.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

cloudy day wrote:I watched the first episode of the series "Fortitude" on Amazon Prime yesterday, with Chris Eccleston. It's kind of a mystery thriller (I read it has something to do with global warming) and it really grabs you right from the start. It has an international cast, I think.
Fortitude is pretty good, and it has a bit of an SF theme. I would recommend watching the whole thing rather than leaving large gaps between series', as things will get rather confusing if you can't remember all the details from earlier...!
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
cloudy day

LizR wrote:
cloudy day wrote:I watched the first episode of the series "Fortitude" on Amazon Prime yesterday, with Chris Eccleston. It's kind of a mystery thriller (I read it has something to do with global warming) and it really grabs you right from the start. It has an international cast, I think.
Fortitude is pretty good, and it has a bit of an SF theme. I would recommend watching the whole thing rather than leaving large gaps between series', as things will get rather confusing if you can't remember all the details from earlier...!
There IS a lot to keep track of. I watched the first two episodes, I'll watch the third and fourth maybe tonight. And I see that Eccleston bit the dust
We hope that our early successes make up for the embarrassing mess we’ve become. Like Facebook. Or America.
Eleanor Shellstrop
The Wooksta!

Watched a few more of the colour episodes of Out of the Unknown. The Naked Sun is another reconstruction, and it's a doozy. David Collings for a start, plus Frederick Jaeger and Erik Chitty. It was directed by Rudolph Cartier, so there's also Quatermass II, John Robinson. Real pity this one is missing.

Little Black Bag is incomplete - about half remains and it's a decent enough episode, with Emrys James and John Woodnutt.

Deathday, adapted by Bryan Hayles, is one of the surviving series 4 episodes, which is a pity as it's terrible and more suited to Tales of the Unexpected. Leslie Schofield pops up as a copper.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Based on the Asimov novel of the same name, I assume?

The Wooksta!

Yes. OOTU did a few Asimov short stories, mainly the robot ones (one being The Prophet, which is where the costumes for the White Robots in The Mind Robber come from) but one or two others.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

TNS has the advantage - from the production point of view - that the robots are designed to look indistinguishable from humans.

The Wooksta!

I tried watching another of the series 4 episodes of OOTU, "This Body is Mine", but I failed, Mr Fibuli, I failed! It's terrible, even worse than "Deathday". Although it does sport Alethea Charlton.

The Wooksta!

Watched the second half of "This body is Mine" and it's not that bad, if a little dull.

"Welcome Home" is a decent enough plot, quite a paranoid thriller but let down by the fact that Anthony Ainley is a really, really sh*t actor.

The Wooksta!

John Wiles "The Man in my Head" is the best of the surviving Series 4 episodes, a decent thriller about programmed soldiers and starring a young Tom Chadbon.

The Wooksta!

After bingeing on some very good Dempsey & Makepeace ganfiction this week, I watched the last two episodes. Other than Micheal Brandon and Tony Osoba, we had Christopher Benjamin in "Manhunt" and then Don Henderson, Kate O'Mara and Derek Newark pop up in "Guardian Angel"

The Wooksta!

Caught an episode of Poirot earlier and spotted William Russell.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Recently saw Russell Tovey in "What Remains", if that counts.

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Caught a bit of Ian Marter in Hazell the other night on Talking Pictures.

Return to “GENERAL DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION”

• Information