Who Actors spotted in other TV or Films...

General Doctor Who discussion hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Wooksta!

Clocked a load of villains in "Regan", the pilot for The Sweeney:

Don Henderson, Morris Perry, David Daker, Stephen Yardley, Maureen Lipman. All good, but Morris Perry was superb.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
The Wooksta!

Having a rewatch of The Knights of God, spotted Owen Teague, Peter Childs and Teniel Evans - I'd missed them before.

And of course, Patrick Troughton. And then there's Gareth Thomas, playing a resistance leader again.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

TheWatcher

Re-watched The Pleasure Girls on DVD and was pleasantly surprised to see what Polly was up to before working at the Post Office Tower.
'Image ''Turn around, bright eyes.''
The Wooksta!

Watched the two surving episodes of The Quatermass Experiment a few days back. Duncan Lamont (Death to the Daleks) as the doomed astronaut, Peter Bathurst (the Governor in Power of the Daleks/Chin in Claws of Axos) as one of his dead crewmembers, Paul Whitsun-Jones (the Marshall from The Mutants).

But pride of place goes to the guy who played poacher Sam Seely in Spearhead as a copper.

shuzbot

'teleportNOW!'

The Wooksta! wrote:Having a rewatch of The Knights of God, spotted Owen Teague, Peter Childs and Teniel Evans - I'd missed them before.

And of course, Patrick Troughton. And then there's Gareth Thomas, playing a resistance leader again.
Don't tell me it's actually been released on DVD?
Or was this just a YouTube?
The Wooksta!

The episodes I'd downloaded from youtube - it'll be a miracle on a par with Christ rising from the dead is this EVER sees a DVD release. You've more chance of getting a shag off the Pope.

shuzbot

I saw Paul Darrow in Little Britain yesterday
The Wooksta!

How the mighty have fallen...

More spotted in The Sweeney: Russell Hunter, Linda Bellingham, Phillip Madoc, Frederick Jaeger (alongside Patrick Mower, so it's a Special Branch reunion), John Challis (Camfield directed that episode), Peter Halliday, Sally Faulkner, Micheal Sheard, Gabriel Woolfe, Myra Francis, Wanda Ventham and Leslie Schofield.

iank

Paul Jerricho in a Secret Army I watched last night as a Nazi posing as a British airman to infiltrate the resistance smuggling line.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Wooksta!

Spotted Wolfe Morris as a small time crime boss in "Stoppo Driver", alongside Benny from Crossroads and "Dodgy" Don Beech from The Bill.

Lewis Fiander was in the last one I watched as a corrupt lawyer, whereas a young and very hot Maureen Lipman popped up in another episode.

The Wooksta!

Two more Sweeney episodes - John Hurt as the main villain in the first, the second episode was again a Camfield one, this time with Norman Kay as the villain.

The Wooksta!

Still with The Sweeney. The two films have Lynda Bellingham, Morris Perry, Bernard Kay in the first, with Lewis Fiander in the second - there may have been other faces but those spring to mind).

The episodes I've watched over the last few days have included Derek Francis, Hywell Bennett and Stephen Pacey (a bit of a stretch I know, but he's in a couple of Big Finish audios and has read some of the Target Books). One episode was directed by Douggie Camfield.

The Wooksta!

More Who faces lurking amongst the villains in The Sweeney. Today I've started series 4 and we've had Micheal Melia, Derek Martin (he's part of HAVOC and an uncredited soldier in The Claws of Axos, but he's best known as Charlie Slater in Eastenders) and Janet Ellis.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

shuzbot wrote:
Wow.

(Although 26 million miles won't get you to Mars, never mind the "unknown universe" :geek: )
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Heccypoo

Matt Smith in The Rise of Skywalker.... Almost..

More rumour guff, but interesting and a shame for Matt if true...

Or maybe not, as it's a JJ Abram's effort.. 8-)

Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
The Wooksta!

Others spotted in my Sweeney rewatch:
Colin Jeavons, Richard Wilson, Edward Peel, George Sewell and Geoffrey Palmer.

Oh, and one I watched last night had Linda Marshall in it, looking very hot. You may not recognise the name but she later became a writer, after appearing in a few episodes of The Gentle Touch she apparently said she could write better and she did - Prime Suspect, under the name Lynda La Plante.

shuzbot

The Nightmare Man: Adapted by Holmes, directed by Camfield, and starring Tony Sibbald (Terror of the Zygons), Maurice Roëves (Caves of Androzani) and Jonathan Newth (Underworld).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nightmare_Man
The Wooksta!

Nightmare Man's good, been a long time since I've seen it though.

Caught the end of an episode of Law and Order: UK, largely on hearing the unmistakable tones of Paul Darrow as a judge, with Freema Ageyman and also Colin Salmond. Kevin McNally was the guy in the dock.

I would have mentioned Bradley Walsh, but he wasn't in the bits I saw and post Capaldi Who doesn't count in my book.

shuzbot

Saw Capaldi in World War Z last night, and Troughton in The Gorgon today.

Return to “GENERAL DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION”

• Information