Who Actors spotted in other TV or Films...

General Doctor Who discussion hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
johnnybear

David Brierley, Martin Matthews in Help From Friends, an episode of The Tripods!
JB
johnnybear

Ian Fairbairn, David Graham in Timeslip, Year of The Burn Up episode five!
JB
The Wooksta!

Derren Nesbitt and Morris Perry in the first episode of Special Branch.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

"Please dial *617 at this time"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

"Don't be told what you want. Don't be told what you need." - John Lydon
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Peter Capaldi in "The Personal History of David Copperfield" :D 8-) :roll:
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Wooksta!

Just watched the second episode of Special Branch. Apparently the police commander in the first season of Special Branch was in Terror of the Autons. He's the timelord who meets the Doctor at the research station.

Morris Perry is a delight to watch as the slimy and slippery Moxon, whereas Derren Nesbit is a terribly wooden actor.

Paul Darrow gives an electrifying performance as a lawyer at an inquest. Very Avon.
"It's basically a cure... for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac... the potential market's enormous!"

The Wooksta!

Plodding through Special Branch further, we've had Geoffrey Bayldon and Frank Windsor (The Promised Land), Micheal Keating (A Date with Leonidas) and John Bailey and Edward Burnham (The Kazamirov Affair). The latter also had a young Ray Smith (Spikings from Dempsey & Makepeace).

The title music is odd, quite jazzy but ends up like the theme from the Adam West "Batman"

The Wooksta!

Another three Special Branch episodes and several more faces have popped up - John Levene and Tom Chadbon in A New Face, Clive Merrison in You Don't Exist and Jon Abineri and Tony Caunter in The Children of Delight.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Peter Davison as a French teacher in "Miranda"
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not spotted but heard the ol' Black Guardian's voice booming out of some Count's mouth at the start of Lust for a Vampire.
The Wooksta!

Hurray! I've reached the colour episodes of Special Branch, so apart from the sublime Fulton McKay, I've spotted George Pravda and John Bryans (he's in Creature from the Pit, but I always think of him as Councillor Berkol and Shrinker from Blake's 7).

Oh, there was also the bloke who was Bob Hall in Evil of the Daleks too.

iank

A whole bunch in The Sea Wolves, including Moray Watson from Black Orchid, Bernard Archer from Pyramids of Mars and Morgan Shepherd from Impossible Astronaut.
Also saw The Cybernauts episode of The Avengers, which has both Frederick Jaeger and Bernard Horsfall.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Spotted Julian Glover, Denis Lill, Camille Coduri and a very young looking John Simm in last night's episode of Rumpole of the Bailey on TPTV.
Heccypoo

With my finger on the pulse of new TV guff, I've started getting into the Sharpe series of TV films, starring Sean Bean, who, I was once told, replaced Paul McGann in the lead role (after he injured his knee in a footie game, played during a break in filming).

Michael Cochrane (from Black Orchid and Ghostlight) plays a semi regular baddie in the series, Sir Henry Simmerson.

Here he is being torn a new one, by Sir Arthur Wellesley, not yet the Duke of Wellington ( played rather well by David Troughton, son of Pat, and a huge rubber nose).

PS. Not Who related, but a young Daniel Craig also appears in this episode, as a caddish, gentleman lieutenant.

Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Been watching The Cleopatras over on Youtube. Some familiar faces have cropped up in it so far................ Graham Crowden, Ian McNeice, Jack May, Tony Osoba, Morris Perry, John Bennett, Donald Pickering, Moray Watson, Christopher Neame and even old Trout got in on the act and popped up in episode 4 as Sextus.
hombredesilla

Been watching through 'In Loving Memory' ... well, it's on in the background as I work. Lis Sladen and Milton Johns have showed up so far.

Return to “GENERAL DOCTOR WHO DISCUSSION”

• Information