Shada 4th December

Discussion on the range of Doctor Who DVD's and speculation about upcoming titles hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
The Nimon

Out on DVD Bluray and Steel box Bluray. Looking forward to this

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-10- ... tom-baker/

The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
-JMW-

Isn't this the Shada thread?
Does it need moving?

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW

Any date set for Aussieland?
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Nimon

iank wrote:Any date set for Aussieland?

Not seen any yet but this says its getting a cinema release in Aus and they will announce a date soon for the dvd

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/artic ... R_16102017
chap with wings

Got The Steelbook On pre order
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seems there's a bit of mystery over what's on the third disc of the steelbook release. Someone over on GB reckons they'd contacted and received a reply from BBC Worldwide saying details about the disc's contents are embargoed till mid-November.
iank

OMG it must be episode 4 of The 10th Planet! :o :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

Rob Ocelot

The latest SHADA discussion on GB blows my mind because people are getting all bent out of shape about some embargoed content on the third disk -- which automatically must mean missing episodes, right? RIGHT? <why isn't there a facepalm emoticon here?>
PhilipG

Rob Ocelot wrote:The latest SHADA discussion on GB blows my mind because people are getting all bent out of shape about some embargoed content on the third disk -- which automatically must mean missing episodes, right? RIGHT? <why isn't there a facepalm emoticon here?>
Well, my mind created a crazy fantasy whereby there'd be an unspecific "Coming Soon" teaser trailer on the Shada release with lots of clips from MEs. How brilliant would that be?!?! :D And it would be less improbable than a random ME being attached to a third disc. But... of course I recognize that any such bonus disc is far more likely to be something else Shada/More Than... related, something deemed too obscure/boring for "regular" fans. ;)

As always, pillars of salt required for every rumour but speculation can be fun too. :6doctor: Cold reality is rarely so entertaining. :)
Rob Ocelot

Far more likely on the SHADA DVD is an animated Big Finish story starring Tom and Lalla -- re-using those animation models for Tom makes cost effective sense and gives the BF content some more publicity.

New Douglas Adams realated material or interviews is another likely prospect.

Another thought is some previously unseen MORE THAN 30 YEARS outtakes with Liz Sladen and Nick Courtney.
iank

Rob Ocelot wrote:Far more likely on the SHADA DVD is an animated Big Finish story starring Tom and Lalla -- re-using those animation models for Tom makes cost effective sense and gives the BF content some more publicity.

Ooh, don't get me all tingly. :)

Ricky

It doesn’t make a lick of sense for the Shada DVD to have anything ME related on it. God knows what it will be but it won’t be the much mooted ‘reveal’.
Hewy

Ricky wrote:It doesn’t make a lick of sense for the Shada DVD to have anything ME related on it. God knows what it will be but it won’t be the much mooted ‘reveal’.
Thinking something from Big Finish seems about right. We have had in the past THe "Dalek" release which included "I Davros" etc.. as an extra disc.
"... But you can't rewrite history, not one line ..." Driven by Hewylogic© inside

"...we had the satisfaction of finding the finest harbour in the world, in which a thousand sail of the line may ride in the most perfect security..."
— Governor Arthur Phillip, 15 May 1788 Sydney Cove - Port Jackson
Ricky

Did the Mcgann version appear on the previous DVD release?
Ricky

Rob Ocelot wrote:Far more likely on the SHADA DVD is an animated Big Finish story starring Tom and Lalla -- re-using those animation models for Tom makes cost effective sense and gives the BF content some more publicity.
Even then though it wouldn't be that cost effective. You'd have the two regulars modelled but you'd still have to model a whole new guest cast, sets and whatever monster is needed.
thethedew

Ricky wrote:Did the Mcgann version appear on the previous DVD release?
It's on the R1 release, but as a DVD-ROM file, not as a video file. Some DVD/Blu players might be able to access it, but generally speaking you'll need a computer with a disk drive to watch it.
PhilipG

FYI, Shada is now up for pre-order at iTunes (UK, at least). £16.99, which is much more than I'm prepared to pay for it...! ;)

Available to watch now (once you've paid) are the trailer, and three documentaries:
- Taken Out of Time (25min)
- Now and Then (12min)
- Strike! Strike! Strike (27min)

The rest (I presume) is unlocked on the 24th Nov, which is not exactly the anniversary but hey-ho.

(30s clips of the above can also be viewed without paying) :)
mr borusa

Rob Ocelot wrote:The latest SHADA discussion on GB blows my mind because people are getting all bent out of shape about some embargoed content on the third disk -- which automatically must mean missing episodes, right? RIGHT? <why isn't there a facepalm emoticon here?>
You can expect this sort of thing when missing stuff, when it is found is treated like nuclear weapons codes.
Binro was right.
The Nimon

Cinema release downunder on 24th November

http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2017/10/shad ... lease.html
iank

Sod the cinema release, when's it out to buy here?

Return to “DOCTOR WHO ON DVD AND BLU-RAY”

• Information