Tom Baker - The Complete First Season S12 Blu-ray

Discussion on the range of Doctor Who DVD's and speculation about upcoming titles hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
ericthehalfabee

Truronian wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Truronian wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:I gave into my completist, autistic tendencies and pre ordered this box set.

I also requested replacement discs..

However, when I started watching the blu ray's, I realised how much I disliked Tom Baker's Doctor.

So, I sold my blu ray boxset, at a tidy little profit, and forgot all about the replacement discs.

They turned up yesterday, badly packaged as others have stated.

As I don't need them now, does anyone on here want them?

I don't want any money for them, so if anyone is interested, PM me and we'll sort things out.
Hi Heccy

A kind offer. i cant seem to find your PM function on your profile.
Watcha. There’s a PM button below his avatar on this page.
Thanks Eric but everyone has a PM button except Heccy as far as I can see. Am I going mad?
Ah! It may be my mod privileges then, as I can see one. Sorry.
Truronian

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Truronian wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Truronian wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:I gave into my completist, autistic tendencies and pre ordered this box set.

However, when I started watching the blu ray's, I realised how much I disliked Tom Baker's Doctor.

So, I sold my blu ray boxset, at a tidy little profit, and forgot all about the replacement discs.

I don't want any money for them, so if anyone is interested, PM me and we'll sort things out.
Hi Heccy

Thanks Eric but everyone has a PM button except Heccy as far as I can see. Am I going mad?
Okay thanks anyway.
Heccypoo

Truronian wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Truronian wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Truronian wrote:

Hi Heccy

Okay thanks anyway.
No one loves me...
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
chap with wings

I do :)
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
Heccypoo

chap with wings wrote:I do :)

:shock:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
Truronian

Any news on getting a PM button Heccy?
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Truronian wrote:Any news on getting a PM button Heccy?
You should be able to see Heccypoo's PM button now.

For some reason his PM facility was switched off for regular users, I've taken the liberty of switching it back on (hope you don't mind Heccy). Probably some forum glitch.
Heccypoo

The Ginger Cat wrote:

For some reason his PM facility was switched off for regular users, I've taken the liberty of switching it back on (hope you don't mind Heccy). Probably some forum glitch.
Tis' all fab and groovy with me.. :mrgreen:
Truronian

The Ginger Cat wrote:

Thanks GC.
ratkat

I thought I'd wait until the faulty disc issue was sorted to order and now it's unavailable .... can it or will it be available to purchase in the future or did I miss the boat?
elgarlic

ratkat wrote:I thought I'd wait until the faulty disc issue was sorted to order and now it's unavailable .... can it or will it be available to purchase in the future or did I miss the boat?
They're not announcing any plans at this point. I imagined it's more of a question of when than if. But it could be a long wait.
ratkat

elgarlic wrote:
ratkat wrote:I thought I'd wait until the faulty disc issue was sorted to order and now it's unavailable .... can it or will it be available to purchase in the future or did I miss the boat?
They're not announcing any plans at this point. I imagined it's more of a question of when than if. But it could be a long wait.
Thanks ... kind of crazy it's going for £250 now - and probably with faulty discs! Can get it in the US for about $70 but don't want NTSC and it's missing some extras apparently... I suppose I can wait, I have them all on normal DVD... I'm just surprised that what arguably is the best season of Doctor Who would not be available ..... Luckily, it sounds like picture-wise, they're not all that much better.....the shelf space savings would be nice though :-)
iank

I agree, insane. I was 50/50 anyway, but with faulty discs I'm like "I'll wait for the fixed reissue copies". And then they take it off the market!

Stay classy, BBC.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
'teleportNOW!'

iank wrote:I agree, insane. I was 50/50 anyway, but with faulty discs I'm like "I'll wait for the fixed reissue copies". And then they take it off the market!

Stay classy, BBC.

Perhaps you will believe me now when I tell you this is all the work of Roobarbs überfans? :alien:
Flying Caravan

Can't believe this is already out of print! You'd think it at least would have remained available until the end of the festive period? I didn't buy this upon its release because I wasn't aware it was a limited edition. Everything I read indicated the packaging was limited edition not the actual release itself.
ratkat

I was pretty p'd off to learn that there would be no normal edition. I wound up ordering the region A version from Canada for $30 after reading that for the HD content, PAL/NTSC was not an issue. I do like the look of the upscale, except that I now notice that the stars seen from the corridors on the Ark in Space are wires of white Christmas-y lights.... some of this stuff was never meant to be seen so clearly .... I'm not a Davison fan really, but picked that one up and it kind of saddens me to have the thick, SE Davison collection next to the bareborns skimpy Tom Baker set. I haven't read all the posts but on the A region release, there are adverts for BBC which cannot be skipped(!)... really, really, irritating. Then again, when I think back to the quality of these shows I watched in the 80s, these are all luxury problems indeed....
Kajaboy

I ordered it on a mad wim. Mad because I didn't own a Blu-Ray player. Cost me all of £39.99 and I left it unopened for weeks. Got my replacement discs sent out and then sold the whole thing for £215. Get IN.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Kajaboy wrote:I ordered it on a mad wim. Mad because I didn't own a Blu-Ray player. Cost me all of £39.99 and I left it unopened for weeks. Got my replacement discs sent out and then sold the whole thing for £215. Get IN.
Nice one!

Still think I should have bought two copies. One the UK version and one the Australian version.

I wonder if S19 will skyrocket in price so much?
Rob Mammone

Of course I've gone and missed the boat on this release. Does anyone in Australia, particularly Melbourne, know of any retailers who have a copy on their shelves? Going to ring JB to check their system today, but just in case...
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Rob Mammone wrote:Of course I've gone and missed the boat on this release. Does anyone in Australia, particularly Melbourne, know of any retailers who have a copy on their shelves? Going to ring JB to check their system today, but just in case...
It’s all long gone I’m afraid Rob. Sorry about that. The remaining stock probably got snapped up by the UK once they realised they couldn’t get any locally.

The only one available is the American one, without the limited edition packaging (but beloved by many on here).

Strangely they call it Season 1 (???) and I’m not sure if it’s stupid Region A, but it’s the only blu-ray currently available.

It’s either that or eBay.

Davo’s first season drops next week. It’s limited edition as well so it won’t last long either.

Return to “DOCTOR WHO ON DVD AND BLU-RAY”

• Information