The Complete Collection Future Releases

Discussion on the range of Doctor Who DVD's and speculation about upcoming titles hosted by Planet Mondas Forum.
iank

It was bound to happen eventually, chap. :D :P
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
elgarlic

More snippets of info:
During the summer I was one of four Season 18 writers participating in a filmed chat for the as-yet unscheduled Blu Ray release. All of us around a table in a rather nice pub. I've seen an early cut and it's turned out rather well.
https://brooligan.blogspot.com/2018/11/ ... f-who.html
'teleportNOW!'

yay! Warriors Gate without yukky MPEG compression, I'm in! :)
ratkat

On the FB group, someone said Hartnell (season 2) was set by blu-ray release....has anyone heard this or is it rumour? Apparently all 26 seasons are slated for release, which seems bizarre. Not complaining of course. Just wish I had nabbed the Baker limited edition in time. Now I'll have the limited editions of everything except my favourite season! (I at least have the slim US version).
elgarlic

ratkat wrote:On the FB group, someone said Hartnell (season 2) was set by blu-ray release....has anyone heard this or is it rumour? Apparently all 26 seasons are slated for release, which seems bizarre. Not complaining of course. Just wish I had nabbed the Baker limited edition in time. Now I'll have the limited editions of everything except my favourite season! (I at least have the slim US version).
That's the first I've heard of S2! Does it sound at all credible?

The idea that s1-6 will be last has indeed gone out the window:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2saLyd0.jpg[/img] But I still imagine s3-5 will be on the later side of things to include more animations. As Minton says, things like the Macra work will be quite handy to fill out sets.
iank

The season 4 set will be thrilling! :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
elgarlic

iank wrote:The season 4 set will be thrilling! :lol:
I would guess Evil will be animated by then, perhaps even Faceless Ones? Plenty of episodes for a season set, at least for those that don't mind animations.
ratkat

elgarlic wrote:
That's the first I've heard of S2! Does it sound at all credible?

The idea that s1-6 will be last has indeed gone out the window:

But I still imagine s3-5 will be on the later side of things to include more animations. As Minton says, things like the Macra work will be quite handy to fill out sets.
Well someone "heard it", so who knows about credibility....I find it odd they would release a Hartnell series before some of the other colour ones .... but anything's possible - maybe the 2 missing Crusade episodes were found...maybe they're being secretly animated....maybe they'll use recons... I suppose it's the B&W series which is most complete, so if they're going to do one, this would be it. If they release 3-4 a year, it will still be at least 6 years before they're all out....hopefully something exciting will help fill in the gaps... it would be a great way to present the missing ones should they exist (though a 5-7 year time frame is a bit discouraging)...
'teleportNOW!'

well the obvious choice is to do Season 1 first, as most sane people general watching stories from the beginning, particularly when there's direct continuity involved. But we all know that BBC Worldwide and the überfans are completely loopy.
Stewart

They didn’t put the VHS or DVDs out in chronological order, why would they start now?
Kajaboy

feline1 wrote:well the obvious choice is to do Season 1 first, as most sane people general watching stories from the beginning, particularly when there's direct continuity involved. But we all know that BBC Worldwide and the überfans are completely loopy.
Do you know, just the other day I was saying to another past member of this forum 'I wonder what Feline will say. He's getting complete seasons but not in the right order'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
'teleportNOW!'

Stewart wrote:They didn’t put the VHS or DVDs out in chronological order, why would they start now?
well quite
ratkat

feline1 wrote:well the obvious choice is to do Season 1 first, as most sane people general watching stories from the beginning, particularly when there's direct continuity involved. But we all know that BBC Worldwide and the überfans are completely loopy.
Season 2 is the most complete, so there's always the possibility they're holding on for more finds from "the quest"...the random order of releases are strange, but perhaps the staggering strategy is to hook in fans from different eras.. DW kind of stopped for me after Tom Baker, but I will buy everything bar Sylvester McCoy (nothing against him, but I just can't stand the production and music from his era).

Wouldn't it be amazing if the idea to make the entire series available on Blu-Ray somehow tied to a huge haul of missing episodes which can finally be revealed? A man can dream, can't he?
elgarlic

https://twitter.com/tuckerspatch/status ... 27841?s=21

Season 21, 22, or 25?

Probably related:
https://twitter.com/ChrisChapman81/stat ... 3844420608

"All set for a Doctor Who shoot this Fri/Sat for a future blu-ray box set. This one is... a little eccentric. Certainly the maddest topic we've ever tackled, in a genre entirely alien to Doctor Who VAMology! I think you'll like it. "
ericthehalfabee

A bunch of content imported from the ME thread...

Plus there are FIVE further Complete Collection Blu-ray sets in the works. It will be interesting to see if any of 1-6 is in their plans...

S10 is a dead cert. S26 looks likely...
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

ericthehalfabee wrote:Plus there are FIVE further Complete Collection Blu-ray sets in the works. It will be interesting to see if any of 1-6 is in their plans...

Any black and white ?
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
ericthehalfabee

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Plus there are FIVE further Complete Collection Blu-ray sets in the works. It will be interesting to see if any of 1-6 is in their plans...

Any black and white ?
No idea, although as Padders was “behind the sofa” on S18 it’s tempting to think S6 is in the offing?

(Louise Jameson could indicate S14 and Sophie Aldred 26? Just guessing)
ericthehalfabee

Doctorossi wrote:Hmm... do we know that this means Blu-ray seasons? The animated Macra Terror is also an upcoming release...
It was released two weeks ago...

Return to “DOCTOR WHO ON DVD AND BLU-RAY”

• Information