Doctor Who Magazine

Discussion of Doctor Who books, from annuals to Target, Virgin and BBC Books to Fanzines and the official Doctor Who Magazine
iank

Well there's no shortage of them about. The toxic moron brigade seem to run everything these days.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Doctor Who Magazine Yearbook 2019 then. Apparently it's out on sale in the shops from the 3rd of January priced at £5.99.

The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seems to be the front cover for Doctor Who Magazine #534.

Doctor Who Magazine 534
Kajaboy

The Ginger Cat wrote:The Doctor Who Magazine Yearbook 2019 then. Apparently it's out on sale in the shops from the 3rd of January priced at £5.99.

Been looking all over for this but no sign. :cry:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Zarius

Seems in the latest issue of DWM, there's a few reviews for the latest episodes that are a little more critical than what passes for normal at that mag. Take It Away is labelled a story with a ridiculous twist and lacks focus, the BORAK is described as one of the least satisfying finales with minimal dignity for "weak link" Tim Shaw's robot flunkies, and Jodie in Resolution is praised for "having a day free of clumsy speechifying"
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Crikey, time seems to be hurtling by. The next issue of DWM is due out this Thursday.

Doctor Who Magazine 536
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Ginger Cat wrote:Crikey, time seems to be hurtling by. The next issue of DWM is due out this Thursday.

Doctor Who Magazine 536
Not a single reference to the current era on that cover.

Anyone else think DWM are panicking and trying to get us back after insults such as this from Mister Russell in the past........

“This new Time Team is the single best thing to have happened in DWM in donkey’s years. If it upsets a bunch of moronic ‘Doctor Who is only for those of us who’ve been there since the proper series’, even better.”
iank

I refuse to even skip through it in the newsagents whilever they continue to employ the current Turd Team.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

Black Orchid

Cygnus Prime wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:Crikey, time seems to be hurtling by. The next issue of DWM is due out this Thursday.

Doctor Who Magazine 536
Not a single reference to the current era on that cover.

Anyone else think DWM are panicking and trying to get us back after insults such as this from Mister Russell in the past........

“This new Time Team is the single best thing to have happened in DWM in donkey’s years. If it upsets a bunch of moronic ‘Doctor Who is only for those of us who’ve been there since the proper series’, even better.”
I decided to buy this latest issue, the first I have bought since issue 517 for the Deborah Watling tribute.

I would recommend it for fans of the classic series - all interviews relate to 60's Who or season 18. No Time Team and the only main Jodie Whittaker content is in the comic strip.
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

the only main Jodie Whittaker content is in the comic strip.
I don't think I am imagining this, but not only is said comic strip reduced to a mere 6 pages, but the panels featuring Jodie's Doctor in it are very few and, I dunno, somehow she is kinda buried away in the story....

.... As if they are obliged to show her, but doing their best not to at the same time.....

Methinks that the makers of the mag are done with her and her impact on their sales.

Except there is that pesky series 12 looming....

Wonder how they will negotiate it?

Or even survive it?
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The cover for the next issue of DWM.

Doctor Who Magazine 537
iank

:floorroll:
Bidmead never quite got the hang of the notion of "storytelling", did he? :D

ericthehalfabee

iank wrote: Bidmead never quite got the hang of the notion of "storytelling", did he? :D
:lol:
Rubbernecking

:lol: almost tempted to buy for that!
Zarius

DWM's been a treat to read these last few months..even Tony Ingram chimed in on the letters page and told them Bradley was sh*t :lol:
iank

:floorroll:

Return to “DOCTOR WHO IN PRINT”

• Information