DW figure magazine

Discussion on all ranges of Doctor Who merchandise.
ReganMacNeilfan

These look cool. :D

But I think its uk only. :(

I want to get these!!! :(

http://dw-figurines.com/

What are your thoughts? :)
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

Sad thing i will need to get this online. On feepay! :(
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
ReganMacNeilfan

I just need to say i may have to get these on feepay. Well only the figures i want of course. First one comes with Matt. Which i will get. Could always ask for Christmas. :D :roll07:
Kajaboy

Remember we had a discussion about tat being aimed at the mentally ill fan? Well I was looking at that link thinking "Lovely as they are I am not interested in them". And then I saw the bit about the "Rare" Daleks for people who pre-order. I really want them now. I can't afford them, have no room for them and I know for a fact that after about 4 issues the rest will remain in the mailing bags they were sent in piling up for years to come (DW DVD Files I'm looking at you). Someone stop me. It really is an illness. :(
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ReganMacNeilfan

Kajaboy wrote:Remember we had a discussion about tat being aimed at the mentally ill fan? Well I was looking at that link thinking "Lovely as they are I am not interested in them". And then I saw the bit about the "Rare" Daleks for people who pre-order. I really want them now. I can't afford them, have no room for them and I know for a fact that after about 4 issues the rest will remain in the mailing bags they were sent in piling up for years to come (DW DVD Files I'm looking at you). Someone stop me. It really is an illness. :(
I don't have room either. :( but if they do make some of the figures i gave ideas for i will get them. But I have to be selective with what i buy. But being small i will have a bit more room. But yeah it's bad, :( good thing i only like Matt Smith!! :floorroll:
Allons-y

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
Kajaboy wrote:Remember we had a discussion about tat being aimed at the mentally ill fan? Well I was looking at that link thinking "Lovely as they are I am not interested in them". And then I saw the bit about the "Rare" Daleks for people who pre-order. I really want them now. I can't afford them, have no room for them and I know for a fact that after about 4 issues the rest will remain in the mailing bags they were sent in piling up for years to come (DW DVD Files I'm looking at you). Someone stop me. It really is an illness. :(
I don't have room either. :( but if they do make some of the figures i gave ideas for i will get them. But I have to be selective with what i buy. But being small i will have a bit more room. But yeah it's bad, :( good thing i only like Matt Smith!! :floorroll:
Is this only in terms of those figures, or do you mean that out of the whole 50 year history of the show, you only like Matt's era? :o
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
ReganMacNeilfan

Allons-y wrote:
ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
Is this only in terms of those figures, or do you mean that out of the whole 50 year history of the show, you only like Matt's era? :o

Well i think there will be others made i am not entirely sure. But since i have to make cuts will need to just do Matt's era.
ReganMacNeilfan

There will be an Omega and sea devil coming up. So yes classic series too.
Bobspoons

About £556 for the full set as they plan on 80 figures in total.
Thats quite a steep price. £7 per figure.

I used to buy sets of Heroclix figures at £100 for 96 figures, though these are about 3 times smaller so multiplying up £300 is still a lot less than £556 and these figures also had a game system atached (though not as well painted as the Dr Who ones look).

Having said that, at Games Workshop figurines are much more detailed, unpainted, much smaller and much MORE money.

So its a bit of a balance.

Still seems expensive to me.
Posting name Bobspoons, real name Alex

PS: The avatar picture is "Alfred Chicken", for those of you who love the CBM-Amiga. Saw his pic in an avatar collection, wndered why he was there and decided somebody should keep the legend of Alfred alive.
Ambassador of Death

They're basically pay-by-installments DW figures "on the drip". £7 per figure doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, but do you have to pay extra to get bases/binders?
The Nimon

BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :geek:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
ReganMacNeilfan

Don't look too bad. But I only will buy some figures.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

There's an item about the figurines magazine here.

Subscribers receive:

Free Emperor Dalek worth £30 (The Parting of the Ways)
Free binder worth £6.99 (each binder holds 16 issues, presumably?)
Free display stand worth £14.99 (each stand holds 10 figurines)
Free digital editions of the magazine

Premium subscribers receive all of the above plus 7 exclusive Dalek figurines and specially designed display stand:

Dalek Sec (Daleks in Manhattan)
Mad throne room guard (Asylum of the Daleks)
Black Dalek (The Daleks' Master Plan)
Imperial Guard Dalek (The Parting of the Ways)
Dalek (The Chase)
'Oswin' Dalek in chains (Asylum of the Daleks)
Saucer Commander (Asylum of the Daleks)

When you subscribe if you don't click to tick the OPT-OUT box you will receive a stand every 10 issues (£14.99) and a binder every 16 issues (£6.99). If you do opt-out you can order them separately through their website or by calling their customer services on 0844 472 5250.

You can also order individual issues if there's a particular figurine(s) you want - and stands and binders - again through their website or customer services.

The first issue out on the 28th August is priced £2.99. Subsequent issues are £6.99, or £7.99 for premium subscribers.

You can cancel a subscription at any time by contacting their customer services on the number above.

The magazine is currently not available outside the UK and Ireland "at the moment".
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
ReganMacNeilfan

What else is new? Anything i like never is.
ReganMacNeilfan

THE DALEK SUPREME wrote:Has anyone signed up for this mag?
I would if i could. :) but cant. Live in the us. :(
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I've signed up for the all singing all dancing golden ticket subscription with free gifts and exclusive wotnots. I like the idea of them sending them to me rather than me having to scour the internet looking for the latest figure or having to go shopping for them. It's collecting for lazy people, really. I'm all for it!
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

ReganMacNeilfan

I will only buy certain ones.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Robert Watkins wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:I've signed up for the all singing all dancing golden ticket subscription with free gifts and exclusive wotnots. I like the idea of them sending them to me rather than me having to scour the internet looking for the latest figure or having to go shopping for them. It's collecting for lazy people, really. I'm all for it!
Will you open them and put them on display?
I'm not sure what packaging the magazines and figures will arrive in, so I haven't decided yet.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:I will only buy certain ones.
They're not for sale outside of the UK and Ireland at the moment but I'm sure they'll pop up on ebay.

Return to “DOCTOR WHO COLLECTIBLES”

• Information