DW figure magazine

Discussion on all ranges of Doctor Who merchandise.
ReganMacNeilfan

Mike Nuttall wrote:
ReganMacNeilfan wrote:I will only buy certain ones.
They're not for sale outside of the UK and Ireland at the moment but I'm sure they'll pop up on ebay.
Yeah that is where i will buy. eBay. I looked for em but not there yet.
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
greystone_06

Mike Nuttall wrote:I've signed up for the all singing all dancing golden ticket subscription with free gifts and exclusive wotnots. I like the idea of them sending them to me rather than me having to scour the internet looking for the latest figure or having to go shopping for them. It's collecting for lazy people, really. I'm all for it!
It's also the only way to get the exclusives Mike so don't be too hard on yourself. I'm thinking of doing the same. How much is the subscription? How many issues? or is it an ongoing thing?
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
greystone_06

That's if you can find them these things are usually notoriously hard to find outside subscription.
greystone_06

Not keen on this first one, not a great likeness unless you stick it under a lamp and view it in shadow. And of course it's taken from one of Moffat's more stupid stories or scenes.

But it has to be said the monsters look spot on. I just hope the other Drs look better than the Smith figure.
ReganMacNeilfan

greystone_06 wrote:
That's if you can find them these things are usually notoriously hard to find outside subscription.
I been lucky before but rarely latly. Hope it changes soon. :( :floorroll:
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

greystone_06 wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:I've signed up for the all singing all dancing golden ticket subscription with free gifts and exclusive wotnots. I like the idea of them sending them to me rather than me having to scour the internet looking for the latest figure or having to go shopping for them. It's collecting for lazy people, really. I'm all for it!
It's also the only way to get the exclusives Mike so don't be too hard on yourself. I'm thinking of doing the same. How much is the subscription? How many issues? or is it an ongoing thing?
All the details and links are on page 1.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

greystone_06 wrote:Not keen on this first one, not a great likeness unless you stick it under a lamp and view it in shadow. And of course it's taken from one of Moffat's more stupid stories or scenes.

But it has to be said the monsters look spot on. I just hope the other Drs look better than the Smith figure.
The Smith figure is pretty good but it's the monsters, especially the classic ones, I'm looking forward to.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
greystone_06 wrote:
I been lucky before but rarely latly. Hope it changes soon. :( :floorroll:
They're stocking the magazine at my local supermarket so if there are any figures you really want let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

They post mine to me in a sturdy box so I won't have to charge you for packing, just postage. I'm not looking to make a profit so it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper for you than buying them off ebay.

If you're interested give me a shout.

ReganMacNeilfan

[/quote]

They're stocking the magazine at my local supermarket so if there are any figures you really want let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

They post mine to me in a sturdy box so I won't have to charge you for packing, just postage. I'm not looking to make a profit so it'll be a heck of a lot cheaper for you than buying them off ebay.

If you're interested give me a shout.[/quote]

Hey thanks. I will pm you the ones i like. Hold on
The Krynoid Man

I used to collect The Lord of the Rings collectors model magazine. It was very similar to this. Stopped getting them after issue 100 because we couldn't afford getting them every fortnight. Waste of bloody money! Each magazine was only about 6 pages long, and the figures themselves were of poor quality too. The paint would peel off and their arms would come loose. While its ture i was very young at the time, I always handled the figures with care. After a whole I just didn't bother taking them out of the boxs they came in. I still have them in the loft somewhere.

Needless to say I won't be getting this new Doctor Who figure series.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well I tried to resist but 'they' kept on calling out to me "collect me, collect me, we will look nice displayed on your bookcase" so I've decided I will be collecting some - mostly 'The Doctors' and any others from the classic series - but not all the figurines :)
The Krynoid Man

The Ginger Cat wrote:Well I tried to resist but 'they' kept on calling out to me "collect me, collect me, we will look nice displayed on your bookcase" so I've decided I will be collecting some - mostly 'The Doctors' and any others from the classic series - but not all the figurines :)
No! Fight it cat, fight it.
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
ponsalias

The ones I have seen in local shops look like they were painted by monkeys.
steamhead

The thing that was most striking to me about the launch of this collection, was that the early publicity photos, and the TV advert ONLY showed characters from the new series, with the exception of Omega. Which made me wondering whether they were introducing Omega to the NuHu crowd ready for the Anniversary Special.

Now however it seems even more striking that he's disappeared from the site, almost like they've been told "you shouldn't be publicising him till later".
Mr. Ron

What's going on with the eyes in this photo??? :floorroll:
"You've got one of the best ME resources online here." - Friends of Derek

Ronnie (n): moustache - after movie star, Ronald Coleman
ReganMacNeilfan

Mr. Ron wrote:Image

Drink up Shriner!! :floorroll:
The Krynoid Man

It's actually The Master in disguise.

John Johnson

Running order of figurines coming up:

1. Eleventh Doctor
2. Davros
3. Cyber Controller
4. Weeping Angel
5. Silurian
6. Bronze Dalek
7. Sontaran
8. Tenth Doctor
9. Ice Warrior
10. Silent
11. Rassilon
12. Ood
13. Dalek Supreme
14. Cyberman (2013)
15. Omega
16. Vashta Narada
17. Fourth Doctor
18, Judoon
19. Dalek Dead Planet
20. Sycorax
21. Cyberman (Invasion)
22. Ninth Doctor
23. Heavenly Host
steamhead

If I was buying this magazine I think I'd feel a little short changed with issue 16
Bobspoons

The ear handles on the head are pretty off too.
Shame as the rest of it looks ok from a model-casting aspect. Detail level looks acceptable.
Posting name Bobspoons, real name Alex

PS: The avatar picture is "Alfred Chicken", for those of you who love the CBM-Amiga. Saw his pic in an avatar collection, wndered why he was there and decided somebody should keep the legend of Alfred alive.

Return to “DOCTOR WHO COLLECTIBLES”

• Information