DW figure magazine

Discussion on all ranges of Doctor Who merchandise.
Deleted User 5091

THESE ARE A WORK OF ART AND SHOULD BE DISPLAYED IN THE TATE

I LOVE THE ONE OF THE CYBERMAN HOLDING A PLATE

f*ck MY LIFE THESE ARE RUBBISH
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

One person's rubbish is another person's treasure :)
User avatar
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 7478
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

I received figurine #2 Davros (The Stolen Earth/Journey's End version) and #3 the Cyber Controller (Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel) and they're both pretty good. They also sent my first "free" binder which no-one, including me, seems to be able to work out how to use :? A few classic series figurines would be good now but I think the next couple are new series ones.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
User avatar
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 7478
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

The Ginger Cat wrote:One person's rubbish is another person's treasure :)
Indeed.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
User avatar
tony ingram
 
 
Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:03 pm
Contact:

steamhead wrote:If I was buying this magazine I think I'd feel a little short changed with issue 16
Just wait for issue 24. It features a Visian. Issues 25 and 26 are a Spiridon and a Refusian, respectively. And 27 is The Great Intelligence in its natural form.
User avatar
OptikaNET
 
 
Posts: 1760
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Contact:

Mike Nuttall wrote:I received figurine #2 Davros (The Stolen Earth/Journey's End version) and #3 the Cyber Controller (Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel) and they're both pretty good. They also sent my first "free" binder which no-one, including me, seems to be able to work out how to use :? A few classic series figurines would be good now but I think the next couple are new series ones.
Hi Mike - I posted the following on the DW Figure Magazine facebook page:

This is now the sixth partwork I have had with this kind of folder and I find the best way to put the magazines in the folder is as follows:

(1) Open both flaps on the top and bottom of the spine. Remove two of the "pins" from the "sprue".

(2) Place one Pin in the next open slot at the top. Open the magazine to the centre, place the upper part of the left page against the edge of the folder of the edge of the previous magazine and carefully slot it under the upper pin.

(3) Now hold the magazine very firmly against the left edge of the previous magazine/left edge of the folder. Use your finger to push the lower edge of the left page of the magazine flush against the left edge of the folder, you might need to use the edge of your fingernail to push the spine deeply down. This should make the hole in the bottom of the folder visible

(4) Carefully slide the second pin into that hole, being careful to make sure that it passes over the magazine page and doesn't jam up against the page and cause damage.

(5) Now close the flaps. Job done!!!

Of course, it helps if you sonic it first...

Kind Regards
Dave
User avatar
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 7478
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Thanks for that Dave, I'll give it a whirl :)
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
User avatar
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 7478
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Deleted User 5222

OptikaNET wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:I received figurine #2 Davros (The Stolen Earth/Journey's End version) and #3 the Cyber Controller (Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel) and they're both pretty good. They also sent my first "free" binder which no-one, including me, seems to be able to work out how to use :? A few classic series figurines would be good now but I think the next couple are new series ones.
Hi Mike - I posted the following on the DW Figure Magazine facebook page:

This is now the sixth partwork I have had with this kind of folder and I find the best way to put the magazines in the folder is as follows:

(1) Open both flaps on the top and bottom of the spine. Remove two of the "pins" from the "sprue".

(2) Place one Pin in the next open slot at the top. Open the magazine to the centre, place the upper part of the left page against the edge of the folder of the edge of the previous magazine and carefully slot it under the upper pin.

(3) Now hold the magazine very firmly against the left edge of the previous magazine/left edge of the folder. Use your finger to push the lower edge of the left page of the magazine flush against the left edge of the folder, you might need to use the edge of your fingernail to push the spine deeply down. This should make the hole in the bottom of the folder visible

(4) Carefully slide the second pin into that hole, being careful to make sure that it passes over the magazine page and doesn't jam up against the page and cause damage.

(5) Now close the flaps. Job done!!!

Of course, it helps if you sonic it first...

Kind Regards
Dave
I always try to insert my fingers in the flaps and move them around. :floorroll:
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

Morris Minor wrote:
OptikaNET wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:I received figurine #2 Davros (The Stolen Earth/Journey's End version) and #3 the Cyber Controller (Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel) and they're both pretty good. They also sent my first "free" binder which no-one, including me, seems to be able to work out how to use :? A few classic series figurines would be good now but I think the next couple are new series ones.
Hi Mike - I posted the following on the DW Figure Magazine facebook page:

This is now the sixth partwork I have had with this kind of folder and I find the best way to put the magazines in the folder is as follows:

(1) Open both flaps on the top and bottom of the spine. Remove two of the "pins" from the "sprue".

(2) Place one Pin in the next open slot at the top. Open the magazine to the centre, place the upper part of the left page against the edge of the folder of the edge of the previous magazine and carefully slot it under the upper pin.

(3) Now hold the magazine very firmly against the left edge of the previous magazine/left edge of the folder. Use your finger to push the lower edge of the left page of the magazine flush against the left edge of the folder, you might need to use the edge of your fingernail to push the spine deeply down. This should make the hole in the bottom of the folder visible

(4) Carefully slide the second pin into that hole, being careful to make sure that it passes over the magazine page and doesn't jam up against the page and cause damage.

(5) Now close the flaps. Job done!!!

Of course, it helps if you sonic it first...

Kind Regards
Dave
I always try to insert my fingers in the flaps and move them around. :floorroll:
Acknowledgement & thanks to The Nimon for my 'borrowing' of this picture
Image
"Ooh matron!" :lol:
User avatar
greystone_06
 
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Contact:

I wasn't impressed with the likeness to Smith but the subsequent releases have been top drawer. Really impressed and the price is competitive.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
User avatar
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner
Posts: 7478
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am
Location: Manchester
Contact:

I received my first display base the other day and it's a rather nice weighty bit of kit.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
User avatar
greystone_06
 
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Contact:

have you received any of the bonus Daleks yet?
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
User avatar
Franny
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 pm
Contact:

Can I ask' how was everyone's Cyber Controller? Mine wasn't perfect, around the antenna.
Deleted User 5673

These figures are rubbish, save your money and buy a house instead.
User avatar
greystone_06
 
 
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Contact:

I love this series but It's about time they addressed the 'Classic' to 'New' balance. I know Tom Baker, Omega and various Daleks are due but I'm getting a bit fed up of constant new stuff! Come on! let's have some old stuff. Alternate releases would be more to my taste.
#William Hartnell will always be the 1st Doctor. The Doctor is male.
User avatar
abominable snowman
 
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

greystone_06 wrote:have you received any of the bonus Daleks yet?
The first bonus Dalek was sent out this month it's the Black Dalek from The Daleks' Master Plan. It's smaller than the standard size figures for some reason so I assume the base unit will be smaller too.
User avatar
abominable snowman
 
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:38 pm
Location: Blackpool
Contact:

greystone_06 wrote:I love this series but It's about time they addressed the 'Classic' to 'New' balance. I know Tom Baker, Omega and various Daleks are due but I'm getting a bit fed up of constant new stuff! Come on! let's have some old stuff. Alternate releases would be more to my taste.
Yes it's been very new series orientated up to now. This month was Rassilon from The End of Time (no spitoon though) and a Silent. Some classic Doctors would be good.
richt1963
 
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:40 pm
Contact:

Does anyone else think there is a problem with the painting on the Daleks in this collection. I have asked for a replacement for one and the replacement was not high quality either. Very slapdash painting and disappointing as 1) The Daleks are my favourite enemy and 2) The main range figures have been great.

Comments anyone?
User avatar
The Melkur
 
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm
Contact:

richt1963 wrote:Does anyone else think there is a problem with the painting on the Daleks in this collection. I have asked for a replacement for one and the replacement was not high quality either. Very slapdash painting and disappointing as 1) The Daleks are my favourite enemy and 2) The main range figures have been great.

Comments anyone?
Some of the figures are well painted and others definitely are not.

Why are the special Daleks smaller than the ones in the main collection - very annoying.

The TARDIS I received could have been painted better but it was acceptable.

Generally hit and miss so far.
Post Reply

Return to “DOCTOR WHO COLLECTIBLES”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest