What's The Last TV Show You Watched?

Discussion of other programmes including vintage and rare TV and films
Kajaboy

Got the second volume of Neighbours From The Beginning. Fabulous stuff. Julie, Scot and Lucy Robinson all have their original heads here. :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

"The Brokenwood Mysteries" - which I thought was damn good.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=11241121
iank

Kajaboy wrote:Got the second volume of Neighbours From The Beginning. Fabulous stuff. Julie, Scot and Lucy Robinson all have their original heads here. :lol:
:lol: Isn't it bizarre that Paul is the the only Robinson "kid" that wasn't recast at some point?! :D
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Kajaboy

A lot of changes occurred in between the show being cancelled by Channel 7 and being picked up by Channel 10. Scot gets slightly younger as well as changing heads. Jim Robinson never noticed that his wife changed heads as well. :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

I clicked through the TV yesterday and watched a bit of some strange programme. ... The premise of it seems to be a programme about a load of unattractive idiots watching the tv. There was an annoying village-idiot type voiceover commentary as well.I baffled out after a few minutes.
Christ there's some crap on the TV now.If it isn't UK crap its been taken over by American tv crap!
Kajaboy

ianj wrote:I clicked through the TV yesterday and watched a bit of some strange programme. ... The premise of it seems to be a programme about a load of unattractive idiots watching the tv. There was an annoying village-idiot type voiceover commentary as well.I baffled out after a few minutes.
Christ there's some cr*p on the TV now.If it isn't UK cr*p its been taken over by American tv cr*p!
Gogglebox. I caught this the other night. We are now watching people watching TV. I gather the show won some kind of award. :?
Kajaboy

I got the Thriller box set the other day. The ATV series from the 1970's. I watched the first two episodes last night and so far we have seen two married couples sleeping in single beds with just a small gap in between them. Were people not allowed to sleep in the same bed as their husband or wife in the 70's?
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Well, the news, just so we could see that the National (i.e. Tory) party lost one seat to the Greens once the final votes were counted. Won't stop them forming the next government but at least they don't have a majority any more and have to rely on a couple of minor party allies to back them up.

The wonders of PR! We've never had a majority government, which IMHO is a useful brake on the B***ds screwing us up too much. (Although a second house in the NZ parliament would help on that front too...)
Kajaboy

Kajaboy wrote:I got the Thriller box set the other day. The ATV series from the 1970's. I watched the first two episodes last night and so far we have seen two married couples sleeping in single beds with just a small gap in between them. Were people not allowed to sleep in the same bed as their husband or wife in the 70's?
Now on episode 7 and we have another, newly, married couple sleeping in separate beds. I'm surprised the human race survived the decade with no one allowed to shag their spouse.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Kajaboy wrote:
Kajaboy wrote:I got the Thriller box set the other day. The ATV series from the 1970's. I watched the first two episodes last night and so far we have seen two married couples sleeping in single beds with just a small gap in between them. Were people not allowed to sleep in the same bed as their husband or wife in the 70's?
Now on episode 7 and we have another, newly, married couple sleeping in separate beds. I'm surprised the human race survived the decade with no one allowed to shag their spouse.
I got the boxset of "Thriller" and watched it a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it, particularly the episode with Patrick Troughton and Diana Dors in "Nurse Will Make It better".
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Just one more thing...

I watched an old episode of "Colombo" with Leslie Nielson in it called "Lady in Waiting" the other day. It was one of the earlier episodes which I think were much better than latter ones.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Some rubbish about the Moon turning out to be a giant egg. ;)
chap with wings

Going through Blakes 7, not seen it in 25 years.
Not as good as I remember it being, poorly acted and clunkily plotted but still quite compelling. Amazing how everyone in the future speaks BBC english! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
Lizzie633

Currently catching up on The Dresden Files. It's fantastic, such a shame there's only one season :cry:
One good solid hope is worth a cartload of certainties.

Funny 1 Funny 2
Kajaboy

The Ginger Cat wrote: I got the boxset of "Thriller" and watched it a couple years ago. I really enjoyed it, particularly the episode with Patrick Troughton and Diana Dors in "Nurse Will Make It better".
Each episode has the American titles tacked on at the end complete with ITC intro. The funny thing is how much of the plot is spoiled by these. Any death that appears in the episode also appears in the these titles along with each and every plot twist. They have also included a lot of scantily dressed females who do not appear in any way shape or form in the actual episodes. :lol:
iank

Finished 24: Die Another Day. Pretty good comeback season. We've seen it all before, of course, but it was as entertaining as ever and if they don't do any more probably a better exit than season 8 was. Some very solid stuff in there and Jack is as much of a badass as ever, though one particular twist in the last episode did seem wholly unnecessary and rather mean-spirited. I was also highly amused to see Stephen Fry in quite a big role as the British PM. Just so weird hearing him say things like "Thank you, Mr Bauer". :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

chap with wings wrote:Going through Blakes 7, not seen it in 25 years.
Not as good as I remember it being, poorly acted and clunkily plotted but still quite compelling. Amazing how everyone in the future speaks BBC english! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well of course they will. It's a Federation directive.

We just haven't got to that bit yet IRL.
Kajaboy

Still on Thriller and still the single beds for married couples. :lol:

Loads of big names passed through this show and quite a few DW related actors too. Josephine Tewson gets knocked off very quickly by Michael Jayston making his second appearance. But then all the ladies in that episode are playing second fiddle to some woman called Helen Mirren.

Every episode has at least one American shoehorned into it. I'm guessing it helped to sell the show in that market. Donna Mills makes two appearances in the show long before Knots Landing was even thought of.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Watched "Gotham" last night. It was very well made and acted. The only minor quibbles I had were Bruce Wayne witnessing his parents murders which felt a bit old hat and too many villains were introduced/referenced in the episode.

I shall stick with it 'cos it'll be interesting to see if they can keep this quality up throughout the series and how far along it can go without Batman being in it.

'Ere that Sean Pertwee don't half look like his dad these days.
Kajaboy

I'm watching Channel 4's Stand Up To Cancer night. Anyone that saw Shannon's story will understand why I am an emotional wreck tonight.

Return to “OTHER TV SHOWS & FILMS”

• Information