The Greatest Music Thread EVER!!!

Discussion of your favourite kinds of music.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Here, in the lounge, we listen to the kitsch, or the urbane, or the big band, or the easy......put the record player on, and, as the tonearm crash-lands on the record, we hear a piercing hiss from the speakers, and a song bursts forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First up, Herb Alpert !

ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Next up, on the Blaupunkt radiogram's autochanger, is BIlly May....

ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

..........Move forward to 1980, and the pop charts for January, February.................

ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

A beautiful record now, from The Carpenters........rarely played on the radio today..

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Born to Rock!

"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
bige

Songs you can relate to

From time to time, you hear a song with lyrics you can relate to, understand, and feel the same way about. Often, you then will keep listening to it. It can make you even more happy, sad, angry, or maybe confused than you would be normally listening to the song. And sometimes, it can just make you feel less weird or alone.

One song I can strongly relate to is "You Don't Know My Name" by Alicia Keys. It's about being in love with someone who doesn't even know you exist, which is something I'm very much experiencing at the moment :( .

So who else here has a song they can relate to?
Kajaboy

This may sound flippant but "Dreaming in the Sun" by the Wombles touches a chord with me every time I hear it for reasons far too personal to share.

My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Load them in the JUKEBOX thread-and we can all share them!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I find it quite hard to think of any songs that I can actually relate to, although there are a lot that I like, and quite a few that affect me emotionally, especially if they're by Al Stewart. "Do You Remember?" by Jack One of the unmentionables is the only one I can think of at the moment. Possibly because I was separated from my other half earlier this year for a couple of months, and when I heard this I started crying...

Of course the parallels aren't exact (we both write, rather than playing boogie woogie). And we never burnt down a tree house either, but...damn. Excuse me.
"With its threshold - intended to stop Parliament getting overly fragmented - MMP can be like a buffet version of Shcrodinger's cat." -- Jane Clifton explains New Zealand's voting system.

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
chap with wings

PWEI, Jesus Jones, The Wonderstff

http://www.popwilleatitself.co.uk/?p=855

I am going to see this lot in Liverpool December 20th, it will be like 1991 all over again, but with weight gain & hair loss!
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

chap with wings wrote:http://www.popwilleatitself.co.uk/?p=855

I am going to see this lot in Liverpool December 20th, it will be like 1991 all over again, but with weight gain & hair loss!
As we all Ed, as we all......lol
Deleted User 3183

Oh yes indeed..............
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Idris Muhammed, Could Heaven ever be like this .............dates back to about 1977, listen for the electric guitars and pounding drums...............turn it up--Man, Im in Heaven!

Roy Ayers, Everybody loves the Sunshine .......... around 1976 I think,Ive always love the jazz fusion/funk tracks...

Isaac Hayes, from 1970........Youve lost that lovin feeling ....... the best version of this song Ive ever heard.

A bit of funkin' for ya...
Kajaboy

My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Good ol Mrs Miller...right ol bruiser......murdering popular song.......hahaaa
Kajaboy

Theme from The Little Vampire.

chap with wings

these are rather good:
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Now that's what I call a music thread (#99) !

ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Great instrumental track from the mid 70s..............................
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Another one from 1976..................Electronique!!

Return to “MUSIC”

• Information