The Doctor Who Grumpcast

Amateur non-profit making fan productions designed to celebrate the expanding Doctor Who universe.
Locked
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

As per my post in the ME thread.

Well because there's been quite a lot going on in the last few weeks, Servo and I have decided to discuss it all in person, record the conversation, then publish that conversation in what the kids call "a podcast" (which forever reminds me of Nestor's plan in The Twin Dilemma.)

We'll be running through various missing episode things (as well as DW in general) to include:

Femi-Who, the costume, the logo
New Target novels
Bluray boxsets
The Whotalk Phil Morris commentary and the state of the Omnirumour.
Web 3 shenanigans
Enemy (and further) SE's
Long players being stored in Macra cans
Blue reflections
Charles Norton's M&W restoration

We're feeling very grumpy about most of it, so it will be nice to get it off our chests.

Anyway - if anyone has any thoughts about stuff and would like to drop Servo or me a line for it to be read out/discussed, then fire away via PM. We'll be recording this week and hopefully publishing soon after, so watch this space. :D
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Blimey, that was quick. We have correspondence already :lol:
User avatar
PhilipG
 
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am
Contact:

[Comments merged from Missing Episodes thread. Eric]
ericthehalfabee wrote:Well because there's been quite a lot going on in the last few weeks, Servo and I have decided to discuss it all in person, record the conversation, then publish that conversation in what the kids call "a podcast" (which forever reminds me of Nestor's plan in The Twin Dilemma.)

We'll be running through various missing episode things (as well as DW in general) to include:

Femi-Who, the costume, the logo
New Target novelisations
Bluray boxsets
The Whotalk Phil Morris commentary and the state of the Omnirumour.
Web 3 shenanigans
Enemy (and further) SE's
Long players being stored in Macra cans
Blue reflections
Charles Norton's M&W restoration

We're feeling very grumpy about most of it, so it will be nice to get it off our chests.

Anyway - if anyone has any thoughts about stuff and would like to drop Servo or me a line for it to be read out/discussed, then fire away via PM. We'll be recording this week and hopefully publishing soon after, so watch this space. :D

Link to podcast thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6150
Looking forward to this! :D
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

PhilipG wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Well because there's been quite a lot going on in the last few weeks, Servo and I have decided to discuss it all in person, record the conversation, then publish that conversation in what the kids call "a podcast" (which forever reminds me of Nestor's plan in The Twin Dilemma.)

We'll be running through various missing episode things (as well as DW in general) to include:

Femi-Who, the costume, the logo
New Target novelisations
Bluray boxsets
The Whotalk Phil Morris commentary and the state of the Omnirumour.
Web 3 shenanigans
Enemy (and further) SE's
Long players being stored in Macra cans
Blue reflections
Charles Norton's M&W restoration

We're feeling very grumpy about most of it, so it will be nice to get it off our chests.

Anyway - if anyone has any thoughts about stuff and would like to drop Servo or me a line for it to be read out/discussed, then fire away via PM. We'll be recording this week and hopefully publishing soon after, so watch this space. :D

Link to podcast thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6150
Looking forward to this! :D
If you're the only listener, we'll just set up a group call with you if we want to do it again :D
User avatar
StarQuake
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm
Contact:

As long as you're being brutal and merciless you've got another listener here. :)
"Brace yourself for disappointment." - ericthehalfabee
User avatar
thecypher
 
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

I expect witty insults and plenty of sarcasm :D

Nifty idea. Look forward to it!
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Stevex
 
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm
Contact:

Sounds like something to look forward to!! Hopefully a good rant, taking no prisoners ;-)
User avatar
PhilipG
 
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:Femi-Who
Is that what people are calling it now? I keep seeing that new logo and reading Doctor Ho. :oops:
snacky1973
 
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:44 pm
Contact:

Make sure to have fun with it. I'll definitely give it a listen.
rapscallion
 
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:41 pm
Contact:

Really glad that you're both doing this. Looking forward to hearing it!
Rob Mammone
 
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 am
Contact:

Burn your boats on the shore and don't take any prisoners.

Also, sub-contract out the editing, for the sake of your sanity!
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Rob Mammone wrote:Burn your boats on the shore and don't take any prisoners.

Also, sub-contract out the editing, for the sake of your sanity!
I've been playing with editing - took me an hour or two to sort out the pre-recorded intro with lots of tracks/sound effects etc. And while it was loads of fun, I can certainly see syncing, editing and all that stuff quickly becoming a bore, even though the mechanics will get quicker as I get used to Audacity.

I'll go through the pain for this one, then if we do another down the line I might farm it out (to the other half!) I can certainly appreciate the pain gone into making 42 to Doomsday the slick product it now is.

Alternately we could just warts and all ramble on for a couple of hours. Umm nah.
User avatar
thecypher
 
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Rob Mammone wrote:Burn your boats on the shore and don't take any prisoners.

Also, sub-contract out the editing, for the sake of your sanity!
I've been playing with editing - took me an hour or two to sort out the pre-recorded intro with lots of tracks/sound effects etc. And while it was loads of fun, I can certainly see syncing, editing and all that stuff quickly becoming a bore, even though the mechanics will get quicker as I get used to Audacity.

I'll go through the pain for this one, then if we do another down the line I might farm it out (to the other half!) I can certainly appreciate the pain gone into making 42 to Doomsday the slick product it now is.

Alternately we could just warts and all ramble on for a couple of hours. Umm nah.
Download the killerringer plug-in if you want Dalek voices for whatever reason.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Rob Mammone
 
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 am
Contact:

I understand it's been recorded? Any thoughts on method(s) of release?
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Rob Mammone wrote:I understand it's been recorded? Any thoughts on method(s) of release?
It has indeed - and edited, now it's being checked for naughtiness by others.

No plans to do a blog, or social media accounts. The plan is just to upload to a hosting site and put the link here.
User avatar
thecypher
 
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:50 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Rob Mammone wrote:I understand it's been recorded? Any thoughts on method(s) of release?
It has indeed - and edited, now it's being checked for naughtiness by others.

No plans to do a blog, or social media accounts. The plan is just to upload to a hosting site and put the link here.
Soundcloud?
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

thecypher wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Rob Mammone wrote:I understand it's been recorded? Any thoughts on method(s) of release?
It has indeed - and edited, now it's being checked for naughtiness by others.

No plans to do a blog, or social media accounts. The plan is just to upload to a hosting site and put the link here.
Soundcloud?
Going with podomatic.
User avatar
iank
 
 
Posts: 6199
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:40 am
Contact:

Don't usually listen to these sorts of things (I was persuaded by the promise of bitching :D ) but enjoyed that. :)
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
User avatar
richardsmith
 
 
Posts: 655
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:56 pm
Contact:

I know I made a couple of behind the scenes contributions, but even so I thought it was a really good listen; miles ahead of some of the podcasts I've listened to on a regular basis, and on a par with some of the bigger names. With the plus that you're less earnest and more about having fun. You got more assured as the podcast continued, particularly when you hit the Omnirumour, and I thought the double act worked well. I'm sure that if you decided to put out something in the same vein each month you'd build up a good audience. And the "grumpy old fans" market is pretty big and probably underserved right now.
Something Who is a podcast with many episodes:
https://somethingwho.podbean.com/

Most recently:
Episode 17, where I chat with Chris Chapman
Episode 18, where I chat with Toby Hadoke
Episode 19, where we discuss The Faceless Ones and The Idiot's Lantern
Episode 20, Missing Episodes with Steven Schapansky
Locked

Return to “FAN VIDEO & AUDIO PRODUCTIONS”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests