The Doctor Who Grumpcast

Amateur non-profit making fan productions designed to celebrate the expanding Doctor Who universe.
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

richardsmith wrote:I know I made a couple of behind the scenes contributions, but even so I thought it was a really good listen; miles ahead of some of the podcasts I've listened to on a regular basis, and on a par with some of the bigger names. With the plus that you're less earnest and more about having fun. You got more assured as the podcast continued, particularly when you hit the Omnirumour, and I thought the double act worked well. I'm sure that if you decided to put out something in the same vein each month you'd build up a good audience. And the "grumpy old fans" market is pretty big and probably underserved right now.
Thanks both :)
User avatar
Happygolucky
 
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:19 am
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Thank you for the link, I will have a listen early on this coming week. :D
Regards HGL.
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9768
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

richardsmith wrote:I know I made a couple of behind the scenes contributions, but even so I thought it was a really good listen; miles ahead of some of the podcasts I've listened to on a regular basis, and on a par with some of the bigger names. With the plus that you're less earnest and more about having fun. You got more assured as the podcast continued, particularly when you hit the Omnirumour, and I thought the double act worked well. I'm sure that if you decided to put out something in the same vein each month you'd build up a good audience. And the "grumpy old fans" market is pretty big and probably underserved right now.
Thanks Richard. Your contribution was much appreciated.
User avatar
Hepesh48
 
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:12 pm
Contact:

Good stuff gents. Nice to hear some straight talking about the omni and Morris. For next time please can we have a two hour special on the art of parsing or failing that, a video cast in which you explain the mysteries of the bicycling chain through the medium of interpretative dance.

Good fun - thanks for taking the time

Cheers
Rob Mammone
 
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:15 am
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Rob Mammone wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Cheers Rob 8-)
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9768
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Rob Mammone wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Thanks Rob.

Wyn does have a distinctive voice doesn't he? ;)
User avatar
VikingS
 
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:39 pm
Contact:

Servorobot wrote:
Rob Mammone wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Thanks Rob.

Wyn does have a distinctive voice doesn't he? ;)
Great stuff guys. I hope you do some more.
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

VikingS wrote:
Servorobot wrote:
Rob Mammone wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Thanks Rob.

Wyn does have a distinctive voice doesn't he? ;)
Great stuff guys. I hope you do some more.
Thanks - maybe when there's enough to talk about in the bank.
User avatar
PhilipG
 
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am
Contact:

Rob Mammone wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Well, that was a lot of fun. A confident start. We Love the Chosen One had me in stitches. Good work and a podcast I'm adding to all the others I listen to.
Agreed! Proper job, chaps! Loved the bit at the very end too. :D
JetMorgan
 
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:12 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:Here's the podcast wot we made:

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/pmfg ... 4_08-08_00

Omnirumour shizzle from the 22 minute mark.

And here's the specific thread for the podcast:

viewtopic.php?f=29&p=354908#p354908
Loved the podcast guys. Planet Mondas in audio form. The Boosh moment had me in stitches!
Hope you do decide to do more.
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Well, the podcast has been hammered - it's way exceeded our expectations, so I've moved it to a better site with unlimited bandwidth:

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9768
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thanks to everyone who’s downloaded the podcast.

I think Eric and I only expected a few people to be bothered listening but the interest has far exceeded our expectations.
User avatar
Rob Ocelot
 
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 pm
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:Well, the podcast has been hammered - it's way exceeded our expectations, so I've moved it to a better site with unlimited bandwidth and better audio. Who knew? Thanks guys :D

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/
It's much more enjoyable to hear about some of the petty forum squabbles than it is to read them firsthand.

Servo sounds exactly as I thought he would sound.

OTOH, E.5B you sound far more baritone than I gave you credit for!

I clicked the request button for more episodes, if that helps...
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Rob Ocelot wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:Well, the podcast has been hammered - it's way exceeded our expectations, so I've moved it to a better site with unlimited bandwidth and better audio. Who knew? Thanks guys :D

https://pmfgrumpcast.podbean.com/e/the-pmf-grumpcast/
It's much more enjoyable to hear about some of the petty forum squabbles than it is to read them firsthand.

Servo sounds exactly as I thought he would sound.

OTOH, E.5B you sound far more baritone than I gave you credit for!

I clicked the request button for more episodes, if that helps...
I always knew these decades of killing myself smoking would do me some good.
Miss Cathcart
 
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Contact:

Really enjoyed listening to the podcast. It seems to have gone down really well! Congratulations, guys. Hopefully there'll be more in the future.
User avatar
Happygolucky
 
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:19 am
Contact:

Just finished listening to the podcast, it sounded like you two have been doing that for years. You've found your niche. Thank you. :D
Regards HGL
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9768
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Cheers everyone.

The mix of accents works well too I think.

Also I’ll try not to demolish my back room next time.
User avatar
Doctorossi
 
 
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 am
Contact:

Any chance the podcast will be hitting iTunes any time soon?

(Thanks for your efforts!)
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Doctorossi wrote:Any chance the podcast will be hitting iTunes any time soon?

(Thanks for your efforts!)
Maybe! If we make it to a second episode then I’ll do it.
Locked

Return to “FAN VIDEO & AUDIO PRODUCTIONS”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests