Comparing the animation on previous releases

Forum to discuss Doctor Who animations, official or unofficial.
nosfer2

Black Orchid wrote:I much prefer Telesnap recons over any animation and I hope they include recons on future animated releases as a bonus, but don't have third party narration like on the Power of the Daleks DVD.
I too much prefer Telesnap recons. They represent what was actually broadcast, whereas the animations can only ever be an approximation.
Happygolucky

nosfer2 wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I much prefer Telesnap recons over any animation and I hope they include recons on future animated releases as a bonus, but don't have third party narration like on the Power of the Daleks DVD.
I too much prefer Telesnap recons. They represent what was actually broadcast, whereas the animations can only ever be an approximation.
Some stories have plenty of Telesnaps as a reference others have very little. If you Taylor the animation to fit the available Telesnaps you'll get something like the original especially if you have an original episode or 2 to work with. If you have no Telesnaps at all then yes any animation would be guess work but even then you would normally have some photographs from the sets to set things up. Id prefer to have something visually moving to represent a story than just audio and bugger all else. Even Telesnaps are only a representation as its just odd frames here and there. Each to their own. 8-)
Regards HGL
JeffWho

Happygolucky wrote:
nosfer2 wrote:
Some stories have plenty of Telesnaps as a reference others have very little. If you Taylor the animation to fit the available Telesnaps you'll get something like the original especially if you have an original episode or 2 to work with. If you have no Telesnaps at all then yes any animation would be guess work but even then you would normally have some photographs from the sets to set things up. Id prefer to have something visually moving to represent a story than just audio and bugger all else. Even Telesnaps are only a representation as its just odd frames here and there. Each to their own. 8-)
Regards HGL
Sorry, I hate telesnap recons, I've never been able to sit through a whole one.
Squire

I have to say that Power could never hold my interest. I’ve got the audio and the LC recon but I always found it boring. It wasn’t until the animation (imperfect though it is) that I really appreciated and enjoyed the story!
“I am The Doctor! THE ORIGINAL you might say!”
Black Orchid

Happygolucky wrote:
Black Orchid wrote: I hope they include recons on future animated releases as a bonus, but don't have third party narration like on the Power of the Daleks DVD.
Yes that's a excellent idea, as part of the VAM, its the very least we can expect, all Loose Cannon reconstructions of course. :D
Regards HGL
I don't suppose they will bother again.

I presume the recon on Power was previously released as a MP3-CD for the 'Doctor Who: Reconstructed' range. So as it already existed they put it on.

Currently watching Loose Cannon recon for Fury - it is superb.
Black Orchid

nosfer2 wrote:
I suspect the animated episodes of The Moonbase are more exciting visually than the original episodes!
ericthehalfabee

Black Orchid wrote:
nosfer2 wrote:
I suspect the animated episodes of The Moonbase are more exciting visually than the original episodes!
Sure. I mean I doubt the Cybermen had boners in the original :lol:
Rob Ocelot

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I suspect the animated episodes of The Moonbase are more exciting visually than the original episodes!
Sure. I mean I doubt the Cybermen had boners in the original :lol:
Say WHAT?

Ohhhhhhhhh!

(Damnit, now I can't unsee it! Curse you, Eric)
iank

:floorroll:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010

Return to “DOCTOR WHO ANIMATION - OFFICIAL & UNOFFICIAL”

• Information