The Sea Devils

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow
Post Reply
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't know if you've all seen this before, but I hadn't:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCRadioSolent ... IxMzY5NTI/

(posting in haste. I'll see if I can dig it out on youtube later)
User avatar
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member
Posts: 5429
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 pm
Location: Trenzalore

Wow, that's brilliant! :D
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11734
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:I don't know if you've all seen this before, but I hadn't:

https://www.facebook.com/BBCRadioSolent ... IxMzY5NTI/

(posting in haste. I'll see if I can dig it out on youtube later)
Let's see if it still works. Ta-da...

Doctor Who Jon Pertwee 1971 Interview
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Ooh - never even noticed that function there. Wonderful what they can do these days :lol:
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Bowtiesarecool wrote:Wow, that's brilliant! :D
Really interesting isn't it. I'm not sure how I've missed this before.
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11734
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

ericthehalfabee wrote:
Bowtiesarecool wrote:Wow, that's brilliant! :D
Really interesting isn't it. I'm not sure how I've missed this before.
Dunno how you missed it before either mate. :lol:
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

The Ginger Cat wrote:
ericthehalfabee wrote:
Bowtiesarecool wrote:Wow, that's brilliant! :D
Really interesting isn't it. I'm not sure how I've missed this before.
Dunno how you missed it before either mate. :lol:
:x
richt1963
 
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:40 pm
Contact:

This is fantastic - and - it features not only my favourite Doctor - but - is also my own all time favourite story.

Thanks so much for bringing this amazing piece of footage to my attention. Made my Day. Made my 2018 in fact! :D
ericthehalfabee
 
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 pm

richt1963 wrote:This is fantastic - and - it features not only my favourite Doctor - but - is also my own all time favourite story.

Thanks so much for bringing this amazing piece of footage to my attention. Made my Day. Made my 2018 in fact! :D
:D

Take that GC!
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11734
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

Think I should change my brand of toothpaste or something. :lol:

Anyway, some of that footage is in this news feature thing from a few years back.

BBC South Today - Sea Devils Feature

User avatar
johnnybear
 
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 am
Contact:

Is The Sea Devils the most often repeated story on BBC1 or is it Genesis of The Daleks? I think it's probably Genesis but I was one of the lucky ones off from school that got to see the omnibus repeat of Sea Devils in the seventies! Does anyone remember what year they cancelled whatever it was and slipped on this cracker instead?
JB
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Contact:

johnnybear wrote:Is The Sea Devils the most often repeated story on BBC1 or is it Genesis of The Daleks? I think it's probably Genesis but I was one of the lucky ones off from school that got to see the omnibus repeat of Sea Devils in the seventies! Does anyone remember what year they cancelled whatever it was and slipped on this cracker instead?
JB
I don't remember the year, but I do remember the day very well. Here's where Who, like songs for some folks, gives we fans the 'map of our lives' angle in that we can remember where we were and what we were doing when a given story or episode was on. And this brings up a sweet memory for me.

I was playing badminton in the back garden with my mum and (favourite) aunt Mary (both now sadly long gone) when this was on. I'd only gone into the house to get something, and saw it on the telly and shouted that I couldn't possibly return to the garden until The Sea Devils had finished. I think it was a sport event that was cancelled. Talk about life imitating art!
User avatar
johnnybear
 
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 am
Contact:

I'm sure it was a cricket match or something but I was lucky enough to be watching when it started! But was it during Tom's reign or later Pertwee?
JB
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Contact:

It must be late Pertwee. They never showed previous Doctor repeats during a new Doctor's time until the Five Faces season.
User avatar
johnnybear
 
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 am
Contact:

Yep, someone on FB put out a list of all the classic episode repeats from 1963-1999 and beyond the other day and The Sea Devils omnibus was on in 1974 after it's first repeat in 72 and Day of The Daleks was on in September 73 strangely enough as well!
JB
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:53 pm
Contact:

Weird innit? The only non-UNIT Pertwee story not set on an alien planet. Ok, the navy and the official in charge is a replacement for the army and that man in charge, but no whiff of the real thing. And the Navy here aren't a part of UNIT are they? Or have I got that wrong.....
Post Reply

Return to “The Pertwee Era”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest