Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Zarius wrote:As reported earlier, photos of Jodie have vanished from that twitter account I linked to. A part of a major crackdown by the BBC in preventing further leaks!

If you saw The One Show last night, you'll know Bradley was making light of just how covert the production has become under Chibnall...you'd be forgiven if you thought he wasn't being serious at some points, but he was. Apparently he, Jodie and the cast have to take their ID cards wherever the production moves to, and Chibnall is deliberately leaving in errors in the scripts so that he knows precisely what gets out into the social media wilderness

https://twitter.com/WhoFilming/status/9 ... 9920389125
That tweet thingy also seem's to have been deleted.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bowtiesarecool wrote:
-JMW- wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:
https://twitter.com/HQCelebCorner/statu ... 0354597888
Whoops, looks like there's been a copyright claim!
It's still there.
It's not for me...
I get:
"This Tweet from @HQCelebCorner has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder. Learn more"

You may need to clear your cache.
Yeah, same with me.

Oh well. 8-)
Yeah, but the pics are still up there at the moment on the HQCelebCorner website.

ETA: Taken the link out me post to that site 'cos noticed there's lot's of pics on that site of girls in the nod.
-JMW-

The Ginger Cat wrote:Yeah, but the pics are still up there at the moment on the HQCelebCorner website.
ETA: Taken the link out me post to that site 'cos noticed there's lot's of pics on that site of girls in the nod.
Well that's going to just disappoint those who are seeking censored female Doctor images on the nudey site. :D

Yeah, once an image is "out there" it's hard to completely eradicate it....but I suppose excising it from the most popular platforms sends a clear message and will decrease the numbers who access spoilerific material.

I saw the images prior to them being wiped from twitter...nothing intriguing there anyway. Chris Chibnall is probably right to clamp down on it all though - especially if he has some over-riding mystery arc planned. I hope he manages the marketing/trailer campaigns in the same manner.

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW

-JMW- wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:Yeah, but the pics are still up there at the moment on the HQCelebCorner website.
I saw the images prior to them being wiped from twitter...nothing intriguing there anyway. Chris Chibnall is probably right to clamp down on it all though - especially if he has some over-riding mystery arc planned. I hope he manages the marketing/trailer campaigns in the same manner.
Only pics I saw were of Sheffield Police station and Whittaker walking with a sausage roll.. or did I Photoshop that one? :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
-JMW-

thecypher wrote:Only pics I saw were of Sheffield Police station and Whittaker walking with a sausage roll.. or did I Photoshop that one? :D
That wasn't a roll...that was the big reveal - she is really a he! :lol:

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW
Irony Maiden

-JMW- wrote:
thecypher wrote:Only pics I saw were of Sheffield Police station and Whittaker walking with a sausage roll.. or did I Photoshop that one? :D
That wasn't a roll...that was the big reveal - she is really a he! :lol:
Is fandom ready for this??? :lol:
"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
-JMW-

LizR wrote:
-JMW- wrote:That wasn't a roll...that was the big reveal - she is really a he! :lol:
Is fandom ready for this??? :lol:
Going to be a culture shock for sure, but nothing Capt. Jack couldn't handle :D

JMW
Site Manager

Expect we'll soon be getting a piccie of his get-up next...

Bradley Walsh confirms he starts work on Doctor Who next week*

*Guess that's this week now.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Apparently they were filming in Lydney, Gloucestershire today. Bradley Walsh on set. Scene filmed with police car, stunt man driving. #dwsr
https://twitter.com/Jon_Summers/status/ ... 9143464961
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seems Murray Gold is packing his bags and buggering off then...
Composer Murray Gold will be departing Doctor Who following this year’s Christmas special…

As part of the shake-up behind the scenes of Doctor Who, we understand from multiple sources that composer Murray Gold has left the series. Gold has been doing the music for Doctor Who since the show returned to our screens in 2005. It’s unknown who will be taking over composer duties for series 11.

The reasons for his departure are not clear, although it seems that new showrunner Chris Chibnall wants to bring in a lot of his own team behind the scenes. It’s likely that Gold’s departure is a consequence of that, and from what we understand, he was happy to remain with the show if wanted.

There’s been no official confirmation of this story from the BBC, but we first heard the rumour a couple of months ago, and since then, we have established that it’s true. It’s just coming to light now courtesy of a tabloid rumour in the Mirror today.
http://cultbox.co.uk/news/doctor-who-co ... t-the-show
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

-JMW- wrote:Going to be a culture shock for sure, but nothing Capt. Jack couldn't handle :D
Culture shock - Boy George - you're wasted here. :D
"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
-JMW-

LizR wrote:
-JMW- wrote:Going to be a culture shock for sure, but nothing Capt. Jack couldn't handle :D
Culture shock - Boy George - you're wasted here. :D
Well at least someone got it :D

JMW
Head of Security

thecypher wrote:
-JMW- wrote:
Only pics I saw were of Sheffield Police station and Whittaker walking with a sausage roll.. or did I Photoshop that one? :D
I didn’t realise you worked for Greggs. :lol:
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A journalist who claimed to have seen Twice Upon A Time was on 4chan (salt shakers), however this story appears to be one I heard some months ago, so it may have proven true after all
The Doctor stores a data copy of himself and uploads it to River's library so they can live out the rest of their lives forever. The features of the upload allow him to become all 13 of his incarnations, and he turns into Matt Smith 's 11 to demonstrate this before switching back. It's pretty much a reprise of the ending of 2015's special,
iank

It's also a rip-off of Rose getting her own sex doll Doctor.
Moffat and Davies are both embarrasing fan fic writers wanting the Doctor to end up forver with their personal Mary Sues.
Embarrassing. :roll: :oops:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

iank wrote:It's also a rip-off of Rose getting her own sex doll Doctor.
Moffat and Davies are both embarrasing fan fic writers wanting the Doctor to end up forver with their personal Mary Sues.
Embarrassing. :roll: :oops:
Gotta agree, well except I always thought Rose was RTD's author avatar rather than a Mary Sue - which River Song clearly is for SM, IMHO. (Assuming the rumour is true, of course).

thecypher

Zarius wrote:A journalist who claimed to have seen Twice Upon A Time was on 4chan (salt shakers), however this story appears to be one I heard some months ago, so it may have proven true after all
The Doctor stores a data copy of himself and uploads it to River's library so they can live out the rest of their lives forever. The features of the upload allow him to become all 13 of his incarnations, and he turns into Matt Smith 's 11 to demonstrate this before switching back. It's pretty much a reprise of the ending of 2015's special,
A friend of mine told me similar, though I suppose he got his information from the same source.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

thecypher wrote:
Zarius wrote:A journalist who claimed to have seen Twice Upon A Time was on 4chan (salt shakers), however this story appears to be one I heard some months ago, so it may have proven true after all
A friend of mine told me similar, though I suppose he got his information from the same source.
Sounds bloody awful.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
oldschool

The costume looks so predictably gender neutral and does nothing for Ms Whitaker, other than make her look a bit silly.
Machine Against The Rage
thecypher

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
thecypher wrote:
Sounds bloody awful.
Like Colin Baker before him, Capaldi's era was an absolute tragedy. A great actor, given terrible scripts to work with. We can only hope Big Finish take him up at some point..

Return to “SERIES 11 SPOILERS”

• Information