Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who
Martin_Kinsella
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Lol.

It's pretty nondescript but Cosplay friendly as someone rightly says. Problem is a duff costume will undermine the character from the start, like Colin Baker.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Martin_Kinsella
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Zarius wrote:Apparently Radio Times will have a major feature on the new series in about two weeks time, and a summary of what was in it has been leaked
As has been long rumoured the series will be fully serialised telling one (main) story. What hadn't been mentioned before is that Chibnall will be writing the lot, which is the main reason why it's only ten episodes. The plan is to bring back other writers for subsequent series and add a couple more episodes back to the length. The BBC will also be heavily promoting this as a brand-new jumping on point, so don't expect any returning characters/enemies/monsters.

The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor.

That's everything that was mentioned so far and like I say I'll believe it when the story actually appears (or doesn't) in print but we've been promised something radical and that would certainly fit the bill.
https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/possibl ... es.291158/
I saw this on Facebook. I have mixed feelings on it. On the one hand why not give it a go. On the other hand it smacks of desperation. Why not try something different. The last five seasons have been largely mediocre.
-JMW-

Martin_Kinsella wrote:"The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor."

Why not try something different. The last five seasons have been largely mediocre.
I don't know how much more different you could get than that situation (if indeed the rumour is accurate....which it may well not be).
It's pretty nondescript but Cosplay friendly as someone rightly says. Problem is a duff costume will undermine the character from the start, like Colin Baker.
The Sixth Doctor's abrasive character (and stealing an episode from the end of the Davison era) is what undermined that era from the start...especially when the previous incumbent was so likeable.

The Sixth Doctor's costume was riotously tasteless....but then sometimes so is the Doctor.
McCoy's Miss Marple outfit, now that was an awful let down.

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW

Yeah, Sylv's costume was worse than this. :floorroll: Only in JMWland! :D

The "arc" premise is even worse than the costume. It really does seem like they're going out of their way to not only kill the show, but render it such a joke than no one will be calling for it to come back this time. :floorroll:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
-JMW-

iank wrote:Yeah, Sylv's costume was worse than this. :floorroll: Only in JMWland! :D

The "arc" premise is even worse than the costume. It really does seem like they're going out of their way to not only kill the show, but render it such a joke than no one will be calling for it to come back this time. :floorroll:
...in your mind of course. But we shall see how well s11 fares.

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW
Head Moderator

iank wrote:Yeah, Sylv's costume was worse than this. :floorroll: Only in JMWland! :D

Hey, come on, the first McCoy costume was not great but the darker costume in the later McCoy stuff is much better.

I do think this is, or at least has the feeling of, a clear and emphatic break with the previous seasons.
iank

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Obviously Sylv's costume was better! ;)
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Martin_Kinsella
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

iank wrote:Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Obviously Sylv's costume was better! ;)

Tom Bakers assorted costumes in Robot part 1 are better too.
Spam Fritter

The costume is, for me a bit Toni Arthur play school.

Feels contrived to be gender neutral, but nothing wrong with that.

Though little about the new direction the show is taking is drawing me in, I feel it says more about me than the show.

Maybe it's time I stuck with my classic show, and leave the new stuff for others that enjoy it.

I think the new doctor will be a success, Chibnall knows how to write for the mainstream, And has a reputation for delivering ratings. Broadchurch was a huge success. Personally I found it bland and flat, and reliant on a picture postcard setting.
thecypher

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
iank wrote:Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Obviously Sylv's costume was better! ;)

Tom Bakers assorted costumes in Robot part 1 are better too.
Should've got Jodie in the Chief Clown's outfit from Greatest Show in the Galaxy, to reflect Doctor Who's standing as a new show under BBC Comedy :lol:
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
-JMW-

thecypher wrote:Should've got Jodie in the Chief Clown's outfit from Greatest Show in the Galaxy, to reflect Doctor Who's standing as a new show under BBC Comedy :lol:
It's clearly having an "affect" on you, as you cannot help but keep commenting....that's a good thing - even if you (love to) hate it.

Keep going, keep (hate) watching...the show will succeed more for it. 8-)

JMW

-JMW- wrote:
thecypher wrote:Should've got Jodie in the Chief Clown's outfit from Greatest Show in the Galaxy, to reflect Doctor Who's standing as a new show under BBC Comedy :lol:
It's clearly having an "affect" on you, as you cannot help but keep commenting....that's a good thing - even if you (love to) hate it.

Keep going, keep (hate) watching...the show will succeed more for it. 8-)
No, I just like making jokes :D
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
-JMW-

thecypher wrote:I just like making jokes :D

JMW
Site Manager

Kindly stick to discussing spoilers, and not each other. Thanks.
Zarius

Some shots from location filming, Jodie wearing Peter's outfit

https://twitter.com/HQCelebCorner/statu ... 0354597888
Zarius

Zarius wrote:Some shots from location filming, Jodie wearing Peter's outfit

Whoops, looks like there's been a copyright claim!
Zarius

As reported earlier, photos of Jodie have vanished from that twitter account I linked to. A part of a major crackdown by the BBC in preventing further leaks!

If you saw The One Show last night, you'll know Bradley was making light of just how covert the production has become under Chibnall...you'd be forgiven if you thought he wasn't being serious at some points, but he was. Apparently he, Jodie and the cast have to take their ID cards wherever the production moves to, and Chibnall is deliberately leaving in errors in the scripts so that he knows precisely what gets out into the social media wilderness

https://twitter.com/WhoFilming/status/9 ... 9920389125
Martin_Kinsella
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Zarius wrote:
Zarius wrote:Some shots from location filming, Jodie wearing Peter's outfit

It's still there.
-JMW-

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
It's still there.
It's not for me...
I get:
"This Tweet from @HQCelebCorner has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder. Learn more"

You may need to clear your cache.

JMW
Former Team Member

-JMW- wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:
It's still there.
It's not for me...
I get:
"This Tweet from @HQCelebCorner has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder. Learn more"

You may need to clear your cache.
Yeah, same with me.

Oh well. 8-)
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor

Return to “SERIES 11 SPOILERS”

• Information