SERIES 12 SPOILERS

Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

From Eddie on the twitter who has a generally decent record. As always YMMV

https://twitter.com/eddie_at_skaro/stat ... 87429?s=21
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
iank

(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Zarius wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:09 pm
Weren't there a few new covid cases there though?
Yes, that's what I meant about "the current situation". So yes, it depends on whether we can get on top of those.
"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Noel's doing a livestream saying he and Nerderotic have heard Whitaker is potentially out at Christmas. This is the latest 'round of speculation for this, hard to keep ignoring it.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:11 pm
Noel's doing a livestream saying he and Nerderotic have heard Whitaker is potentially out at Christmas. This is the latest 'round of speculation for this, hard to keep ignoring it.
No idea who Noel is, but I guess if you close your eyes and wish hard enough it may just come true.

On a more serious note this is no doubt coming from their new best buddy Phil Morris and if does turn out to be true then it does prove Morris does have some links to the BBC and perhaps we can hope for some missing episodes in the future.

Other than that he’s just got lucky or it’s completely wrong.

I honestly don’t really care about Chibnall’s vision for Who, but I do care about missing episodes.

We’ve only got three months or so to find out either way.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:15 pm
Noel is of the Tardis Zone Youtube Channel. He first appeared on the scene giving out spoiler information about series 12 that proved accurate, Gary of Nerderotic was the one who first broke the Timeless Child twists of the finale.

There's also Matrixlord212 claiming up and down that Chibs is only trolling viewers with the timeless child, that Ruth isn't before Hartnell, that Jodie isn't leaving and is signed for two more years, but this guy is a proven liar and a mass egotistical tit in love with his own self-importance, so I just ignore him.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:30 pm
Servorobot wrote:
Noel is of the Tardis Zone Youtube Channel. He first appeared on the scene giving out spoiler information about series 12 that proved accurate, Gary of Nerderotic was the one who first broke the Timeless Child twists of the finale.

There's also Matrixlord212 claiming up and down that Chibs is only trolling viewers with the timeless child, that Ruth isn't before Hartnell, that Jodie isn't leaving and is signed for two more years, but this guy is a proven liar and a mass egotistical tit in love with his own self-importance, so I just ignore him.
He’s probably right about the trolling though.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:34 pm
Zarius wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:30 pm
Servorobot wrote:

He’s probably right about the trolling though.
Nah, the idea the timeless child twist is one big troll twist is just wishful thinking on fans parts, or straight up denial. Fans just have to accept it at this point.

Joe/Matrixlord is pretty mental, he doesn't even consider anything Big Finish does proper 'canon' and only goes by what's established on screen. He's not a reputable source for anything, he was told series 12 was airing in April and that there was going to be a 2019 christmas special..the series was what premiered in January and the holiday special was just a comic book. Rather than take the L for his blunders, he just brushed it off and went back to spreading more lies.

I'd recommend Doctor Freedom over him...I don't like him personally, but he's got his head on straight and doesn't allow his casts to degenerate into hours-long rambling dick measuring sessions like Matrixlord does.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A five part animated Dalek spin-off is coming to Youtube, it ties into Time Lord Victorious

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?article= ... victorious
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Series 11 and 12 retrospective panel at NYCC, October 8th (my birthday), Jodie and Mandip will be guests.

https://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/ ... 2jfFfvrk6c

Why a two series retrospective specifically? Your guess is as good as mine.

Don't be surprised if the BBC rather slyly put together to distract from the current rumours
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

According to The Mirror, series 13's filming will now commence in October this year, with the series likely airing in 2022. Mandip Gill will be remaining with the series as Yaz

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/doctor-who-fans-wait-until-22663588
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 pm
According to The Mirror, series 13's filming will now commence in October this year, with the series likely airing in 2022. Mandip Gill will be remaining with the series as Yaz

No mention of Jodie departing I see.

For purely selfish reasons as I’ve outlined above I really hope what Phil Morris is saying is true.

Missing episodes and stopping the Jodie whinging. Win Win I say.

Unfortunately it will only be truly worth celebrating if Chibnall goes too, since he’s the main problem not her, but since I’ve long written off the series it won’t make much of a difference to me.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:07 am
Zarius wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:48 pm

No mention of Jodie departing I see.
It's looking like Jodie and Mandip's appearance together at the NYCC panel will be to 'officially' confirm the pair of them are staying on for the series. Either way, even if Jodie is just putting on an act and she's secretly off at Christmas, Mandip is'nt taking off with her, we're definitely going to be stuck with her and Chibnall.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bradley Walsh is joining the NYCC Panel

https://twitter.com/DoctorWho_BBCA/stat ... 9589903362
Andcallyourselfscientist!

Jodie, Mandip, now Bradley.

I don't know but it sounds alot like a farewell tour to me.
thecypher

Andcallyourselfscientist! wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:06 am

I'll believe it when BBC Press announce it.
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Andcallyourselfscientist! wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:06 am

It will be for one of them (Bradley's off reportedly)
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Two more NYCC panels have been added, but they're all about Time Lord Victorious and the Maze Theory video games
iank

I don't recall ever being less interested in this franchise's future than I am right now. :?
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

BBC might air Revolution of the Daleks on Christmas Day

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/exclusive ... -christmas

Also
it is widely believed that John Barrowman is to reprise his role as Captain Jack Harkness.

Return to “SERIES 12 SPOILERS”

• Information