SERIES 12 SPOILERS

johnshoo

Zarius wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:14 pm
johnshoo wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:12 pm
The episode has apparently been done filming for months now
And there were reports last year that Jodie had filmed something extra for it and that there were five pages of script that were added to the episode on that specific date she filmed it.

Why are people forgetting this happened? Because I can recall that clear as day.
I mean, that was last year and predates the reports that Jodie is confirmed to return in series 13. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
Zarius wrote:
along with news that Jodie would return for series 13.
Repeat a lie long enough and loudly enough and it'll be accepted as fact. Big Brother is watching. Always.
Anything could be a lie. I'd rather go with the stronger evidence.
Zarius wrote:
There's also the fact that the last several Doctors have been introduced in big announcement events months in advance. I don't see why they wouldn't follow suit for number 14.
Because surprising the viewer in this fashion has rarely been done before, and why should tradition get in the way of that?

Besides, are you forgetting they already sprang a surprise Doctor on the public earlier this year? It will not surprise me if there's a twist to Jo Martin and she's not pre-hartnell, but instead the 14th Doctor....and she'd be already established.
There's a small difference between introducing a guest star as a surprise Doctor and changing the lead in the program. We only have to wait a little over four months to see how it pans out.
thecypher

There's definitely something weird about this. Between comments that Jodie and Mandip have made about filming for S13.. yeah, there's something weird about it. I'm not saying for sure Jodie is gonna have a surprise regeneration, just that something doesn't quite add up.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Actor Nathan-Stewart Jarret has a Doctor Who credit on his C.V, but no role specified.

https://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/client/na ... jarrett/cv
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:57 am
Nathan-Stewart Jarret has a Doctor Who credit on his C.V, but no role specified.

https://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/client/na ... jarrett/cv
This is actually an actor I’ve heard of. He was in Misfits and Utopia (the series, not the DW story).
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Doctor Who Watchanlongs Resume With "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances"

https://twitter.com/Emily_Rosina/status ... Fpage-1092

And apparently there was some filming going on in Cardiff over the last two days (from GB)
I've no idea what Emily Cook, Scott Handcock, Sophie Cowdrey and others were filming for two days in Cardiff but these are all people associated with Doctor Who.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Yawn. Let me know if the Classic Who rewatch continues...
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

LizR wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:54 am
Yawn. Let me know if the Classic Who rewatch continues...
As I’ve said elsewhere only if people get involved.

It’s not much fun if it’s just you and the mods.

At least the New Who lovers get people to participate.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Now composer Carolina Eyck has created a new arrangement of the theme tune...hmm....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08nnj31
iank

It's alright.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Quite reminiscent of a "lite" version of the original, which is no bad thing. (I assume the dum-de-dum background isn't being played on the theremin.)
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Zarius wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:02 pm
Now composer Carolina Eyck has created a new arrangement of the theme tune...hmm....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08nnj31

Thanks for that Zarius - and have given it's own "Rate It" thread now, if anyone wants to give it marks out of 10.... :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8169

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

New minisode...ties into the Time Fracture escape room game and Time Lord Victorious.

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Second Field Log minisode up

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Kate Stewart returns in the third UNIT Field Log minisode

Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Oh god Phillip...

Now Morris is saying on twitter Billie's ex Lawrence Fox is The Doctor, that's a definite troll job then given the heat Fox has over his recent comments about diversity. The BBC wouldn't touch him!
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

GB Member Anathema has reported that series 13 will only be eight regular episodes plus a special
thecypher

Zarius wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm
GB Member Anathema has reported that series 13 will only be eight regular episodes plus a special
Can't they do one better and reduce the episode count to zero? :D
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

thecypher wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:04 pm
Zarius wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm
Can't they do one better and reduce the episode count to zero? :D

I'd watch it then. :lol:
iank

The news no one was waiting for.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010

Return to “SERIES 12 SPOILERS”

• Information