SERIES 12 SPOILERS

Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm
GB Member Anathema has reported that series 13 will only be eight regular episodes plus a special
Chibnall finding it difficult to write more bollocks then?
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:57 pm
Zarius wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm
GB Member Anathema has reported that series 13 will only be eight regular episodes plus a special
Chibnall finding it difficult to write more bollocks then?
Which is odd as that's the one thing he's good at.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

An update on that "eight episode season"...the source has admitted he may have gotten the wrong info on that.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

New BBC director general Tim Davie looking to crank down on left-leaning BBC Comedy shows...first step in DEradicalising Doctor Who?

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/09/ ... medy_shows
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Zarius wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am
New BBC director general Tim Davie looking to crank down on left-leaning BBC Comedy shows...first step in DEradicalising Doctor Who?

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/09/ ... medy_shows
No comments on that article yet. Where's iank when we need him?
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Don't get my hopes up. I don't want them to come crashing down again.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
thecypher

Left-wing Twitter is up in arms about the article. Personally, I don't think the BBC should be left-wing, nor right-wing. It should have a crack at both sides. A "politically neutral" broadcaster.

You can't really go wrong with that. Also prevents a right-wing version of Doctor Who. Not sure what that would look like.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

thecypher wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm
Left-wing Twitter is up in arms about the article. Personally, I don't think the BBC should be left-wing, nor right-wing. It should have a crack at both sides. A "politically neutral" broadcaster.

You can't really go wrong with that. Also prevents a right-wing version of Doctor Who. Not sure what that would look like.
I don't recall the BBC being heavily into protecting workers' rigths and against the power of large corporations, so maybe those who haven't studied politics could stop calling it left-wing.

A right-wing version of Dr Who would look like......."The Daleks", I guess.
thecypher

LizR wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:06 pm
thecypher wrote:

I don't recall the BBC being heavily into protecting workers' rigths and against the power of large corporations, so maybe those who haven't studied politics could stop calling it left-wing.

Since the BBC is a state-funded corporation, I think it is therefore satisfactory to the left.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

thecypher wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:44 pm
LizR wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:06 pm
thecypher wrote:

Since the BBC is a state-funded corporation, I think it is therefore satisfactory to the left.
Why? Are you confusing economic issues (left vs right) with social ones (authoritarian vs libertarian) ? As a left-leaning libertarian (or anarcho-red herring, as we're sometimes known) I feel you may need to educate yourself further on exactly what politics is about.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

We seem to have veered off into politics here. Let's please end this particular line of discussion now and get back to the spoilers. Thanks kindly.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

In some news pertaining to the show, Charlotte Moore, who hired Chibnall and advocated for a female Doctor, was promoted to Chief Content Officer at the BBC today.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 pm
In some news pertaining to the show, Charlotte Moore, who hired Chibnall and advocated for a female Doctor, was promoted to Chief Content Officer at the BBC today.
That’s nice for her if I knew or cared what that position is.

Any gossip about the next series?

Did they finishing filming stuff before COVID struck? It seems so long ago now it’s hard to remember.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:53 pm
Did they finishing filming stuff before COVID struck? It seems so long ago now it’s hard to remember.
Mandip Gill confirmed everything was shot for the special before the pandemic became more widespread

As for Charotte Moore's role going forward at the BBC...it's a very vital and important one that you shouldn't overlook out of supposed ignorance of the position, she's now responsible for the BBC's television and radio output, as well as being in charge of commissioning children and educational programmes.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Zarius wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:36 am
Servorobot wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:53 pm
Mandip Gill confirmed everything was shot for the special before the pandemic became more widespread

As for Charotte Moore's role going forward at the BBC...it's a very vital and important one that you shouldn't overlook out of supposed ignorance of the position, she's now responsible for the BBC's television and radio output, as well as being in charge of commissioning children and educational programmes.
Ignorance is sort of true, but as I don’t live in the UK it’s all a bit meaningless to me. We probably don’t get half of the BBC’s output here. We have the BBC First Channel on pay TV, but it always seems to be showing Call the Midwife, Death in Paradise or Father Brown.

So the special’s done, but nothing for the next series? That will give Chibnall ample time to get his scripts in then?

It’s ironic that COVID has caused so many people to lose their jobs, but for some people it’s saved theirs.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 am
So the special’s done, but nothing for the next series? That will give Chibnall ample time to get his scripts in then?
Production is supposed to start sometime this month, but so far we've heard nothing.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Zarius wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:37 pm
Servorobot wrote:
Production is supposed to start sometime this month, but so far we've heard nothing.
Is he planning to film it in New Zealand, then? Otherwise social distancing may be a bit of a problem (that's always assuming we've got the current situation under control...)
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

LizR wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 am
Zarius wrote:
Servorobot wrote:
Is he planning to film it in New Zealand, then? Otherwise social distancing may be a bit of a problem (that's always assuming we've got the current situation under control...)
Actually now that you mention it I did read something about NZ.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Servorobot wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:34 am
LizR wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 am
Zarius wrote:
Servorobot wrote:
Actually now that you mention it I did read something about NZ.
We have some vaguely alien-looking plants, if that helps... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flora_of_New_Zealand
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I know they film Power Rangers over in NZ... :ugeek:

Weren't there a few new covid cases there though?

Return to “SERIES 12 SPOILERS”

• Information