4%
5%
5%
29%

Total votes: 143
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

paulhickling wrote:Anyway, Carnival of Monsters gave us the Drashigs. The Ghost Monument gave us er... dishrags :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Ginger Cat wrote:
paulhickling wrote:Anyway, Carnival of Monsters gave us the Drashigs. The Ghost Monument gave us er... dishrags :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:floorroll:
“You know the big problem in telling fantasy and reality apart? They’re both ridiculous.” -- the Doctor, “Last Christmas”

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

tony ingram wrote:The actual story last night was marginally better than last weeks, but I'm sorry, Whittaker just irritates me every second she's on screen.
Have you tried taking antihistamines?
“You know the big problem in telling fantasy and reality apart? They’re both ridiculous.” -- the Doctor, “Last Christmas”

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Zarius wrote:
DSJR wrote:It's a CBBC show now and I think 'we' just have to get used to that and judge it accordingly. Just judge it along the lines of The Sarah Jane Adventures, or do you all feel it's not up to that level yet?
Sarah Jane Adventures had it's moments of childishness, but it often gets marks for being more "traditionalist" and even having a maturity about itself that Nu Who at the height of it's powers was lacking. There's actually a lot of decent shows on CBBC too so I fail to see how calling DW a throwback to that kind of programming is in any way an insult.
If it's as good as the SJA I will be very happy. IMHO NuHu only occasionally attained the level the SJA regularly achieved.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

paulhickling wrote:Just a thought, but if the sea is toxic, will that not have a poisonous effect on the atmosphere not to say the water cycle?
I don't think so, because it was only toxic due to containing lots of nasty microbes.

Apparently the atmosphere was full of acetylene (at night)....that WAS ridiculous, IMHO.

Hartnell's Wig

LizR wrote:
tony ingram wrote:The actual story last night was marginally better than last weeks, but I'm sorry, Whittaker just irritates me every second she's on screen.
AntiHERstamines.

Get with the times, please :)
The key to usable HUMINT (Human Intelligence) is distinguishing the real, highly placed sources from the bullsh*tting wannabes who pretend they’re highly placed sources by making sh*t up
ericthehalfabee

Hartnell's Wig wrote:
LizR wrote:
AntiHERstamines.

Get with the times, please :)
Goodness. Take that joke back to the drawing board I reckon :lol:

(The poem OTOH was wonderful :) )
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Hartnell's Wig wrote:AntiHERstamines.
Ouch! :lol:

pmname

Tried again with headphones and hd iplayer as last week.
The music is fab, reminiscent occasionally of Peter Gabriel's San Jacinto off 4, or something from Up, but the lass isn't winning me over.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

pmname wrote:
Martin_Kinsella wrote:
pmname wrote:The whole thing looks badly(cheaply?) made to me. 2.
I did not like the episode but badly cheaply made is not something I got from it.
They've clearly spent on locale and hardware, but the skills of the personnel are poor. Acting, writing, editing, direction, sound mixing - all bad, possibly 'cos they're cheap.
You know you’re right. Early on I noticed the editing seemed to be a bit wonky.
Polly

And as for the hype in the general press about how well received it has been so far, what a breath of fresh air, much needed new blood etc. etc., some 3.5 million viewers who watched the season opener were impressed enough not to bother to tune in to episode 2 - some vote of confidence!
lordnellie

Polly wrote:And as for the hype in the general press about how well received it has been so far, what a breath of fresh air, much needed new blood etc. etc., some 3.5 million viewers who watched the season opener were impressed enough not to bother to tune in to episode 2 - some vote of confidence!
Ouch!
lordnellie

I think there's a definite deciscion to scale back the show from the complexities of the Moffat era. Simple, straightforward storyline that i thought rattled along quite wel. Laughed at the moomin joke...
Hated the last 10mins though...
James P

Polly wrote:And as for the hype in the general press about how well received it has been so far, what a breath of fresh air, much needed new blood etc. etc., some 3.5 million viewers who watched the season opener were impressed enough not to bother to tune in to episode 2 - some vote of confidence!
The Woman who Fell to Earth - 8.2 million viewers
The Ghost Monument - 7.1 million viewers
That's nowhere close to a loss of 3.5 million viewers.

Yes, that's 1 million viewers lost, but second episodes tend to have lower ratings than the series premieres.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'd like to point out that the way Jodie acted out her reunion with the TARDIS was probably the closest this show has ever gotten to a genuine romance. :D
lepter

Well....just watched it a day late and that was pants. I gave it a 3 only for the visuals. Sets were pretty good and the ships on the surface were a visual treat. I'm afraid the rest was a snore fest. Walking....more walking....killer bandages.....naf robots...hot desert planet with no drinkable water.
The action was limited to one scene and Ryan having a call of duty moment was cringe worthy.

Jodie is trying too hard. Overacting. My wife enjoyed last week's but fell asleep half way through this one.

That tardis....dingy and dark.

A step down from last week.
thecypher

Jacksen C Frame wrote:Quite poor.

As has been stated by others it is very CBBC, the programme is soooo aimed at a specific target audience, an audience that I am no longer a member of.

So many things didn't and don't work for me, too many to list, but hey read reason above.

Currently there are 97 missing Doctor Who episodes, all missing from my collection, I feel that the number of missing episodes in my collection is just going to increase.

Enjoy kiddies . . . .
To be fair, I stopped buying after Series 7. It really just became stale, so I instead spent my money on Classic DVDs. A worthwhile investment :lol:

.. Except Underworld. And The Mutants.

And City of Death :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

James P wrote:
The Woman who Fell to Earth - 8.2 million viewers
The Ghost Monument - 7.1 million viewers
That's nowhere close to a loss of 3.5 million viewers.

Yes, that's 1 million viewers lost, but second episodes tend to have lower ratings than the series premieres.
I suspect Polly is comparing the final consolidated figure for TWWFTE (10.5m-ish) with the overnight figure for GM (7.1m).

Darren Lake

Looked great but that's about it. The story was dull and not a million miles away from last weeks' ideas; dialogue was cringeworthy; sniper bots who couldn't shoot themselves in the foot; more morals than a particularly preachy episode of Inspector Gadget (Inspect Her Gadget?) and the most pathetic 'enemy' the show has thrown up for a while. And on top of all that, JWs voice goes right through me.

As for the peripherals, the new titles are naff, theme is awful and the incidental music is so basic it might as well have been composed/ performed by Ed Balls!

But, even after all that, it's still better than anything Moffat poisoned my eyes with over the last 7 years.
Rob Mammone

Try not to let irrationality get in the way of the facts.
Have a listen to 42 to Doomsday, a new podcast hosted by me and Mark. We chat about Doctor Who. Hardly innovative, but lots of fun (hopefully!)

Where you can go to download: http://42todoomsday.hipcast.com/rss/42_to_doomsday.xml

Tweet the hell out of us: https://twitter.com/42TODoomsday

Or visit our blog: http://42todoomsday.wordpress.com

Or spam us at: 42todoomsday@gmail.com

Return to “SERIES 11”

• Information