Matt Smith leaving?

Kajaboy

LizR wrote:The best Doctor since Tom Baker......
Oh and there I edited myself again. :shock:

It's all these kids we have now. You can't say ************ ***** **** or flaps.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ReganMacNeilfan

Yeah still suppose to be a happy thread. Not a negative one. If u want that go make one.
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Well clearly this is a subjective matter. I personally find alien, eccentric Matt to be well ahead of Mr Hyperactive Mockney or even Mr Dopey Northerner (although he wasn't bad), not sure about McG, I feel he could be really terrific given a decent script. But Matt was definitely a notch up from all 3 80s Docs, when the show seemed to have lost its way.
iank

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:I am not asking for he did a poor job. This suppose to be a place to say how good he was. As in saying goodbye in a good way.
From a Tennant fan, I'd take it as a compliment to Matt that he was nothing like that overrated ham! :lol:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:Yeah still suppose to be a happy thread. Not a negative one. If u want that go make one.
True, Allons-y and chap with wings can start their own "Good riddance to Matt Smith" thread if they want!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Kajaboy wrote:
LizR wrote:The best Doctor since Tom Baker......
Oh and there I edited myself again. :shock:

It's all these kids we have now. You can't say ************ ***** **** or flaps.
Yes we do seem to have turned into a bit of a kindy. But you can tell me, PM if you like, what were you going to say?
OptikaNET

LizR wrote:Yes we do seem to have turned into a bit of a kindy.
What does that mean?

Kind Regards
Dave
ReganMacNeilfan

LizR wrote:
ReganMacNeilfan wrote:Yeah still suppose to be a happy thread. Not a negative one. If u want that go make one.
True, Allons-y and chap with wings can start their own "Good riddance to Matt Smith" thread if they want!
thanks ;)
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

OptikaNET wrote:
What does that mean?
Oops, that's the New Zealand habit of turning everything into baby talk.

Short for Kindergarten.
Allons-y

LizR wrote:
OptikaNET wrote:
What does that mean?
Oops, that's the New Zealand habit of turning everything into baby talk.

Short for Kindergarten.
For what it's worth, this shortening of kindergarten is used in Australia too, is it not used in England?
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

OptikaNET wrote:Talk about damning-with-faint-praise!!! So far Matt is the only person to play the 11th Doctor*, so it would have been hard for him to be the worst 11th Doctor!!!
Logically he was both the best and the worst 11th Doctor.
OptikaNET wrote:Of course, there have been at least two actors to play the First Doctor (Peter Cushing and Richard Hurndall, not to mention a whole cast of body-doubles...)
I'm sure there was at least one more, hmmm, dear boy?
Allons-y

All the best to the best 11th Doctor we have ever had ;)
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
ReganMacNeilfan

thank you :)

btw got some great photo edits from my friends on fb. :mrgreen: :alien: :pig: :alien:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
LizR wrote:
thanks ;)
Actually I started it for them, and moved a few suitable posts across...
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Kajaboy wrote:I washed the dishes and changed the bed as recently as two years ago. :lol:
Wow. Domestic bliss...especially considering what your sheets must be like..... :mrgreen:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:All the best to the best Doctor we have ever had ;)
As a moderator, I am so tempted to edit your post and hope you don't notice :lol:
ReganMacNeilfan

LizR wrote:
As a moderator, I am so tempted to edit your post and hope you don't notice :lol:
shouldn't there be no have? :lol:
ReganMacNeilfan

[/quote]
Actually I started it for them, and moved a few suitable posts across...[/quote]

cool and again thanks :P :D
Allons-y

LizR wrote:
:director: No! Bad moderator!

:lol:
I definitely only said he was the best 11th Doctor, although he may turn out to be the 12th
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
LizR wrote:
shouldn't there be no have? :lol:
No, to have had something is correct for something we had in the past, see for example http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/have_had_it_up_to_here

Return to “The Smith Era”

• Information