Matt Smith leaving?

ReganMacNeilfan

Ah I see. Thanks

Now back 2 topic
Demon: And I'm the Devil. Now kindly undo these straps.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
OptikaNET

Allons-y wrote: For what it's worth, this shortening of kindergarten is used in Australia too, is it not used in England?
We don't use the term "Kindergarten", we call them "Nursery Schools".

Kind Regards
Dave
ReganMacNeilfan

I was in kindergarten.

Btw be cool if The Doctor Matt Smith could see the Atraxi one more time. So his season can come full circle.
Norman Bates: 'Cause I don't wanna get messed up with the police. I can't explain it to you. Maybe you're right, maybe this is real... but finding out what happened to this girl isn't gonna make a difference to anyone. She's still gonna be dead, and you're still gonna be sick... and I'm still gonna be who I am.
OptikaNET

OptikaNET wrote:Of course, there have been at least two actors to play the First Doctor (Peter Cushing and Richard Hurndall, not to mention a whole cast of body-doubles...)
I'm sure there was at least one more, hmmm, dear boy?[/quote]

Hmmmm? No, can't think what you mean, Chesterfield, now do stop dilly-dallying! If you had yours you could give her hers, now do get on with it, old chap. One more? What does he mean?

Kind Regards
Dave
Allons-y

OptikaNET wrote:
Allons-y wrote: For what it's worth, this shortening of kindergarten is used in Australia too, is it not used in England?

Kind Regards
Dave
Hmm odd that we went with the German term
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Kajaboy

LizR wrote: Yes we do seem to have turned into a bit of a kindy. But you can tell me, PM if you like, what were you going to say?
It's a bit late now. It was one of those lines that really wouldn't sit too well with anyone. Yet not a swear word was uttered.

I'm sure most people don't care what they say on this forum or what language they use in front of the little ones. Indeed there are some very rude words appearing recently. But....although I rarely use naughty words the words I do use, when strung together to make a sentence can be very rude indeed or they have a double meaning and really I don't want to be accused of leaving those kind of images in the minds of under 35s. :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ReganMacNeilfan

Allons-y wrote:
OptikaNET wrote:

Kind Regards
Dave
Hmm odd that we went with the German term
omg i LOVE that commercial!! :floorroll:
chap with wings

In the eyes of the public, he never emerged from Tennant's shadow.

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/d ... 040613.pdf
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
The Nimon

chap with wings wrote:In the eyes of the public, he never emerged from Tennant's shadow.

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/d ... 040613.pdf
Sorry i can't believe that, Tennant would never beat Tom Baker ;)
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
ReganMacNeilfan

Or Matt getting a low rating. Not beating David. Just a low rating.
Allons-y

As a bit of an aside, it is annoying when people refer to the character as Doctor Who, (yes I know he has often been credited as such, but...) his name is The Doctor.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
OptikaNET

Tell that to WOTAN...

Kind Regards
Dave
Allons-y

OptikaNET wrote:Tell that to WOTAN...

Kind Regards
Dave
you do have a point, but I would hope that the majority of the public are more up on Doctor Who than a sentient computer is.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

ReganMacNeilfan

Yeah series 5 was best.
Kajaboy

Robert Watkins wrote:Goodbye Matt Smith, your first series was the best and then it started to become like a bad CBBC drama, with hands flapping and spinning limbs.

"Well now I know you're mad..."
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:As a bit of an aside, it is annoying when people refer to the character as Doctor Who, (yes I know he has often been credited as such, but...) his name is The Doctor.
So the Name of the Doctor is ... The Doctor!

I wonder if Steven Moffat realises that.
Allons-y

LizR wrote:
Allons-y wrote:As a bit of an aside, it is annoying when people refer to the character as Doctor Who, (yes I know he has often been credited as such, but...) his name is The Doctor.
So the Name of the Doctor is ... The Doctor!

I wonder if Steven Moffat realises that.
probably not :lol:
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

OptikaNET wrote:We don't use the term "Kindergarten", we call them "Nursery Schools".
I have used both those. (Maybe the Brits don't wish to be too Germanic...)
OptikaNET

Allons-y wrote:
OptikaNET wrote:Tell that to WOTAN...

Kind Regards
Dave
you do have a point, but I would hope that the majority of the public are more up on Doctor Who than a sentient computer is.
And you also have a point. I think my point - if I have a point at all and wasn't, as I more than suspect, just being flippant, - is that the Production team in the 1960's thought of him, and referred to him (and still often do in interviews on the DVD's) as "Dr Who", it's how he was referred to in internal commmunications, it's unsurprising that some writers allowed this to slip onto screen, it's unsurprising that the production team failed to notice and correct the slip, it's how the character was credited, it's unsurprising the press picked up on it, the annuals did, the Cushing movies did.

As far as I can tell, changing the thinking that the character's name was "The Doctor" came about in the Barry Letts era
and even then the credits didn't change to match until later.

So, whereas I agree that the name is, and should be, "The Doctor", I can't get upset about "Dr Who" because behind the scenes documentation shows that to be the original intention.

Kind Regards
Dave
Kajaboy

OptikaNET wrote: And you also have a point. I think my point - if I have a point at all and wasn't, as I more than suspect, just being flippant, - is that the Production team in the 1960's thought of him, and referred to him (and still often do in interviews on the DVD's) as "Dr Who", it's how he was referred to in internal commmunications, it's unsurprising that some writers allowed this to slip onto screen, it's unsurprising that the production team failed to notice and correct the slip, it's how the character was credited, it's unsurprising the press picked up on it, the annuals did, the Cushing movies did.

As far as I can tell, changing the thinking that the character's name was "The Doctor" came about in the Barry Letts era
and even then the credits didn't change to match until later.

So, whereas I agree that the name is, and should be, "The Doctor", I can't get upset about "Dr Who" because behind the scenes documentation shows that to be the original intention.

Kind Regards
Dave
The Doctor was also known to sign himself "Doctor W" and called himself Doktor von Wer (Doctor Who) during the Highlanders.

Return to “The Smith Era”

• Information