A Matt Smith good riddance thread

Allons-y

Well there were certainly better Doctors, here's to the next one not being any worse.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

ReganMacNeilfan wrote:
Allons-y wrote:Well there were certainly better Doctors, here's to the next one not being any worse.
That was the worst goodbye ever!! :roll: :(

Ok I will get us started. Can't do a photo edit, will later.

Matt was a great 11th Doctor. :D
He did a poor job, so he got a poor goodbye. I will say however that he did appear to be getting better, 4 years was long enough though.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Allons-y

He was better than Colin Baker, I'll give him that
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

In case it isn't obvious, this is a thread in which those benighted souls who haven't yet realised that Matt was the best thing since Tom Baker can freely vent their spleen. ("Teach the controversy!")

I have moved a few suitable posts to here from the "We're sad pandas because Matt is leaving" thread. (See above.)
Allons-y

LizR wrote:In case it isn't obvious, this is a thread in which those benighted souls who haven't yet realised that Matt was the best thing since Tom Baker can freely vent their spleen. ("Teach the controversy!")

I have moved a few suitable posts to here from the "We're sad pandas because Matt is leaving" thread. (See above.)
Well since this is apparently a thread which only I have contributed to in disagreeing with the notion that Matt was good. I shall put a cat among the pigeons and say this. Tennant was the best thing since Tom Baker, Matt was the worst since Colin Baker. Interesting to note that there are Baker's at both ends of the spectrum.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:Well since this is apparently a thread which only I have contributed to in disagreeing with the notion that Matt was good. I shall put a cat among the pigeons and say this. Tennant was the best thing since Tom Baker, Matt was the worst since Colin Baker. Interesting to note that there are Baker's at both ends of the spectrum.
Yes, so far I couldn't find anyone else to add to this thread, since you were the only one who'd made adverse comments in the "goodbye" thread (I'm not sure if Kajaboy was intending to, but he mysteriously "self censored"). I expect chap with wings (and maybe a few others) will be along shortly to join you in dancing on Trenzalore.

Enjoy! :D
chap with wings

good riddance, worst Doctor we have ever had, I have been waiting for him to leave since 03 January 2009. Smug, unlikeable, characterless, annoying hand fiddling and waving, a bully and so ersatz and joyless.

This is all I have to say:

"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
The Nimon

chap with wings wrote:good riddance, worst Doctor we have ever had, I have been waiting for him to leave since 03 January 2009. Smug, unlikeable, characterless, annoying hand fiddling and waving, a bully and so ersatz and joyless.
Yes Chaps, I remember well you instantaneous hatred of him and his performance, even before he started filming. :lol:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
iank

What a silly thread. I disliked the way he was caricaturized and eventually Tennanty-ized far too early but he was brilliant in series 5 and in the odd one thereafter. Certainly he knocked the overrated ham embarrassment that was Tennant into a cocked hat (EVERYONE was better than Tennant, let's face it!)
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

well,the idea was to have a thread for everyone who was sorry to see Matt go, and another one for everyone who was glad....this being the latter, of course. (I have to admit I agree about David Tennant, despite my best efforts he regularly comes bottom of my list of Doctors, just after Peter Cushing, Joanna Lumley and Jim Broadbent.)
Allons-y

iank wrote:(Tennant was better than EVERYONE, let's face it!)
I agree.

You have been Lizzed
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

The Nimon

iank wrote:What a silly thread. I disliked the way he was caricaturized and eventually Tennanty-ized far too early but he was brilliant in series 5 and in the odd one thereafter. Certainly he knocked the overrated ham embarrassment that was Tennant into a cocked hat (EVERYONE was better than Tennant, let's face it!)
Should we start a Tennant was Rubbish thread :D

*I would like to point out here that i rather liked him, when not gurning (Tom Baker did it so much better), doing that silly high pitched voice and not moaning on and on about how much of a god he was, the Time Lords were dead or even how much he missed Rose.*

Rewatched Tennant in Army of Ghosts / Doomsday last weekend. On the whole Tennant was really good but some of the above came into play that did make me groan a bit (The bit where he sung Ghostbusters for example and did a silly dance)... plus Cathrine Tate turned up at the end, she was so annoying in such a short amount of time.
He did give a good performance at the end when he went up to the wall and touched it, knowing that he'd never see Rose ever again. The end bit on the beach was good too and a great ending for a companion.
As a side note, Rose's line at the start of Doomsday ' This is the last story I'll ever tell' and the Doctor saying that the rift would be closed for ever and could never be opened again made me laugh an awful lot.
Kajaboy

My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
The Nimon

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

The Nimon wrote:The end bit on the beach was good too and a great ending for a companion.
You mean it would have been, had it actually been the end for the companion.
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

I just can't wait for the Steven Moffat good riddance thread. :lol:
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

I agree!
Kajaboy

The Ginger Cat wrote:I just can't wait for the Steven Moffat good riddance thread. :lol:
I'm holding that Green Day song back until then. :)
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Allons-y

Kajaboy wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:I just can't wait for the Steven Moffat good riddance thread. :lol:
I'm holding that Green Day song back until then. :)
That is a good song!
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

The Nimon

LizR wrote:
The Nimon wrote:The end bit on the beach was good too and a great ending for a companion.
You mean it would have been, had it actually been the end for the companion.
Yes that's why i was laughing at all the Never coming back and closed forever bits LOL :lol:

Return to “The Smith Era”

• Information