National Television Awards 2014 - Voting Open

tony ingram

Heccypoo wrote:
tony ingram wrote:
chesterfield wrote:Oh God :cry:
Yes, how tragic that people are actually enjoying the programme. :roll:
Yes sad when people can't express their opinion in a Doctor Who forum about a show they love and have it mocked because it doesn't fit in with someone else's opinion, hey ho....
You actually think that "Oh, God :cry:" is anything other than miserable trolling, when it's posted in response to the news that the show has actually won two awards? That isn't expressing an opinion about a show they love, that's just trying to piss on everyone else's chips.
Heccypoo

[/quote]

Yes sad when people can't express their opinion in a Doctor Who forum about a show they love and have it mocked because it doesn't fit in with someone else's opinion, hey ho....[/quote]You actually think that "Oh, God :cry:" is anything other than miserable trolling, when it's posted in response to the news that the show has actually won two awards? That isn't expressing an opinion about a show they love, that's just trying to piss on everyone else's chips.[/quote]

I didn't think it was weeing on anyone's chips. They weren't happy about the award because they don't like Moffat's run on Doctor Who and were hoping for something fresh on the show.

I voted for Matt Smith but I didn't vote for Doctor Who.

I don't like Moffat's style. I thought Matt Smith did a wonderful job with what he had to work with.

Does that make me a non fan because I didn't blindly vote for Doctor Who?

I thought trolling was being vindictive to a person online, like some of those sad case's of bullying to teenage boys and girls and other vulnerable people,

Saying Oh god about something isn't trolling... :doc5:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
ponsalias

Llamastrangler wrote:Doctor Who won in its category too. A rather good night. Tennant missed out as Best Detective, but then Cumberbatch was (rightly) always going to win that one.
If there are categories that specific, where is the Best Time Traveller one?
The Nimon

Heccypoo wrote:
I didn't think it was weeing on anyone's chips. They weren't happy about the award because they don't like Moffat's run on Doctor Who and were hoping for something fresh on the show.

I don't like Moffat's style. I thought Matt Smith did a wonderful job with what he had to work with.

I thought trolling was being vindictive to a person online, like some of those sad case's of bullying to teenage boys and girls and other vulnerable people,

To be fair to Tony, Chesterfeild was the first in here last year, and the year before that, when Doctor Who just lost out on the award declairing that it was proof that Moffat was killing the show, there is a bit of history to it. Though you are right it doesn't quite full under trolling, just poor losing
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Heccypoo

The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

To be fair to Tony, Chesterfeild was the first in here last year, and the year before that, when Doctor Who just lost out on the award declairing that it was proof that Moffat was killing the show, there is a bit of history to it. Though you are right it doesn't quite full under trolling, just poor losing
Ok. It's never really bothered me if a show or film I liked never won an award or Oscar. Not winning an award doesn't mean a show is dying.
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
The Nimon

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

Ok. It's never really bothered me if a show or film I liked never won an award or Oscar. Not winning an award doesn't mean a show is dying.
Yes i did point that out last year. Just thought I'd fill in some of the background :)
Heccypoo

The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

Wow. It can be a real minefield here :doc5:
The Nimon

Heccypoo wrote:
The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

Wow. It can be a real minefield here :doc5:
Nah, just the life of a Doctor Who fan online lol :D
OptikaNET

The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:Ok. It's never really bothered me if a show or film I liked never won an award or Oscar. Not winning an award doesn't mean a show is dying.
Yes i did point that out last year. Just thought I'd fill in some of the background :)
I think that just being on the shortlist is an achievement by itself, so even when the programme doesn't win its category the fact that it was nominated means it was doing pretty well.

Kind Regards
Dave
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Heccypoo wrote:Ok. It's never really bothered me if a show or film I liked never won an award or Oscar. Not winning an award doesn't mean a show is dying.
My only worry is that an unpopular show might get cancelled. Some good things have been junked, and some rubbish has been kept going far past its sell by date because its popular.

Therefore, ideally, I want something I like to be good and popular... which is why I find certain things about Dr Who (and Sherlock) worrying. Will the public continue to like shows that have godlike protagonists and ridiculous story resolutions?

(...well of course they will! Just look at the Bible.)
Heccypoo

LizR wrote:
My only worry is that an unpopular show might get cancelled. Some good things have been junked, and some rubbish has been kept going far past its sell by date because its popular.

Therefore, ideally, I want something I like to be good and popular... which is why I find certain things about Dr Who (and Sherlock) worrying. Will the public continue to like shows that have godlike protagonists and ridiculous story resolutions?

Well Jesus did regenerate..... ;)
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Heccypoo wrote:
LizR wrote:(...well of course they will! Just look at the Bible.)
Pshaw. When he's done it another twelve times, then he can talk to me... :D
Trau Morgus

Heccypoo wrote:
LizR wrote:

Or so we assume. We won't know for sure unless Phil has found those episodes.
chesterfield

tony ingram wrote:
chesterfield wrote:Oh God :cry:
Yes, how tragic that people are actually enjoying the programme. :roll:
I don't speak for other people, I speak for me, and whether Moffat's Dr. Who wins NTA's or not I personally don't enjoy it. I wish I did. I think there's a small hope I might enjoy the show with Peter Capaldi in the role but a lot of it's going to be down to the writing for S8 and seeing the list of writers for next series..... :roll:

Return to “The Smith Era”

• Information