YOU AND THE HURT/WAR DOCTOR: How Do You Rate Him?

In my opinion, Hurt has earned himself a resounding......

17%
No votes
33%
17%
17%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
17%

Total votes: 6
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

How Do You Rate Him?

If you had been showrunner, would you have chosen him yourself for the role of the Doctor?

Was he as good in the role as you might have hoped?

What went right? (If anything.)

And what went wrong?
:?

[youtube2]e1lAHEaOg6w[/youtube2]

Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

I don't agree with this incarnation. There's no reason for him to exist other than Moffat couldn't get Christopher Eccleston to reprise his role as the Ninth Doctor but despite that, John Hurt did a great job.

I can see him as The Doctor. He's got a lot of the old school traits of the earlier Doctors and I think given a series of his own, he would nail it.

As a matter of fact, I can see this Doctor existing, not between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston but instead as the real Thirteenth Doctor after Capaldi's.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bowtiesarecool wrote:I don't agree with this incarnation. There's no reason for him to exist other than Moffat couldn't get Christopher Eccleston to reprise his role as the Ninth Doctor but despite that, John Hurt did a great job.

I can see him as The Doctor. He's got a lot of the old school traits of the earlier Doctors and I think given a series of his own, he would nail it.

As a matter of fact, I can see this Doctor existing, not between Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston but instead as the real Thirteenth Doctor after Capaldi's.
Great idea apart from obvious reasons why it's impossible.

I too think Hurt can only add to the show, but typically Moff makes his contribution something we wish hadn't happened. But then Moff simply wanted such an actor on his cv. That's all there is to it in my pinion. RTD gave Tim Dalton a different role to play. Moff should have done the same for Hurt. Would have been a great Borusa.

Return to “The Smith Era”

• Information