9%
14%
12%
8%
7%
16%

Total votes: 123
Blitzer

Robert Watkins wrote:It was awful, even the Dominc Glyn version is better (didnt think I'd ever, ever say that).

It sound like an imperial march from Star Wars and something a 6 year old had conjured up on his £29 Yamaha Keyboard from Argos.

Why didnt they put the the theme tune out to tender and see what versions came back.
Pretty much sums it up for me. How did this make it through the production office without someone speaking up? The visuals are nearly as bad too. I really figured that the "full" logo with the police box would only be used for print or in promos. It has no business in the actual title sequence - DW only needs a logo, not a corporate identity. The lightning is silly looking, the typeface is difficult to read and the timing of the elements is way off. The music gets a 1/10 for me and the visuals get a 3/10.

Still, I'm glad everyone is bitching about this and not Matt Smith.
If you don't know the story behind the avatar:
http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/screen.php? ... 20Headroom
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Apparently Moffat was a bit worried that the critical reception from the fans wouldn't be very good, and came up with a plan to divert attention, as this leaked email shows...

"OK, here's the plan. Murray will be the sacrificial goat. He's agreed to come up with such an awful version of the theme that they'll be too busy bitching about that to have any critical faculties left over for the rest of the episode..."
robbo13

Is Murray Gold the only person who can make 4 versions of the theme tune and get progressively worse each time? :?
monkey101

I like the theme. Reminds me of Shalka!
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

robbo13 wrote:Is Murray Gold the only person who can make 4 versions of the theme tune and get progressively worse each time? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
MICHAEL

Title sequence is okay but the theme is awful and i was quite happy to have the continuity announcer talk over it at the end for once. The only big negative about the new series for me.
chasersbass

Don't like it - Sorry Cardiff - back to the Recording Studios for you lot
image45
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

I am finding that the new music is growing on me; I do not think it will be a favourite version to me ever but I am getting happier with it. Let’s see what a few more weeks do for it!!!

:notfunny:
O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
The Bride: You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.
O-Ren Ishii: Silly rabbit.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Dont like them at all.ianj
mican

image45 wrote:I am finding that the new music is growing on me; I do not think it will be a favourite version to me ever but I am getting happier with it. Let’s see what a few more weeks do for it!!!

:notfunny:
I'm starting to feel the same way. The new music & titles have both grown on me. Can't say I love 'em, but I certainly don't dislike 'em as much as when I first heard/saw 'em .....
bige

Wow, I almost died of pain listening to it! Now, I have a large dent in my faith of music myself - I shall now crawl into my shell and listen to my iPod 24 hours.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

It's a bit meh. Certainly not the spooky, eerie version I was hoping for when I heard Moffat would be running the show . . . I was hoping for something up to date, but in the spirit of the original. Too much to expect I suppose. But it's OK.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

If they used this for the closing titles I'd be a happy man.

The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information