The Eleventh Hour (my review)

Heccypoo

True that is bad but i'll always put Xmas Invasion at the bottom. The problem I have with it is that the Doctor is too inactive in the story and the umpteen time Rose blubs about the Doctor changing. 11th Doctor was the right way to start a new Doctor off
I hated the pop culture referencing (Arthur Dent, Lion King) and the awful, I may be paraphrasing,
'This is a fighting hand!'.

Just a very bad line, very badly delivered.

Just my opinion mind :doc5:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
The Nimon

Heccypoo wrote:
True that is bad but i'll always put Xmas Invasion at the bottom. The problem I have with it is that the Doctor is too inactive in the story and the umpteen time Rose blubs about the Doctor changing. 11th Doctor was the right way to start a new Doctor off
I hated the pop culture referencing (Arthur Dent, Lion King) and the awful, I may be paraphrasing,

The within 15 hours of a regeneration growing the hand bit doesn't fit either. Its light when the Tardis arrives so thats 4pm at the latest, its been light for a while before the fight and the hand choped off bit so its been more than 15 hours. 15 hours after 4pm is 7am the next morning, when its still dark at that time of year
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Heccypoo

The within 15 hours of a regeneration growing the hand bit doesn't fit either. Its light when the Tardis arrives so thats 4pm at the latest, its been light for a while before the fight and the hand choped off bit so its been more than 15 hours. 15 hours after 4pm is 7am the next morning, when its still dark at that time of year
Now your just showing off :6doctor:

Only joking :doc5:
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
Tanlee
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

The Nimon wrote:I agree. For me the worst two are Xmas Invasion and Castravalvak simply for the reason that the Doctor spend too long doing nothing much
Wow, Castrovalva's one of the few post-Tom stories I like and consider deserving of being made.

As for it showing Davison's Doctor largely doing nothing.... well as his debut at least you can't accuse it of being guilty of false advertising.
Allons-y

The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

I never noticed, mind you it's summer here at that time of the year, so it probably just seemed normal to me, but now that you mention it. Having said that, any timeline issues aside, I still think it's a pretty good episode and the 10th Doctor is wonderful when he finally emerges, I even rather liked that fighting hand line.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Nimon wrote:The within 15 hours of a regeneration growing the hand bit doesn't fit either. Its light when the Tardis arrives so thats 4pm at the latest, its been light for a while before the fight and the hand choped off bit so its been more than 15 hours. 15 hours after 4pm is 7am the next morning, when its still dark at that time of year
The only solution I can think of is perhaps The Doctor wasn't counting the 15 hours up using Earth time,he could've meant 15 Gallifreyan hours which might be a slightly longer time period for him than for us. :)
The Nimon

The Ginger Cat wrote:
The Nimon wrote:The within 15 hours of a regeneration growing the hand bit doesn't fit either. Its light when the Tardis arrives so thats 4pm at the latest, its been light for a while before the fight and the hand choped off bit so its been more than 15 hours. 15 hours after 4pm is 7am the next morning, when its still dark at that time of year
The only solution I can think of is perhaps The Doctor wasn't counting the 15 hours up using Earth time,he could've meant 15 Gallifreyan hours which might be a slightly longer time period for him than for us. :)
As we all know, all alien time is really earth minutes, see the Daleks Rels ;)
The Nimon

Allons-y wrote:
The Nimon wrote:
Heccypoo wrote:

I never noticed, mind you it's summer here at that time of the year, so it probably just seemed normal to me, but now that you mention it. Having said that, any timeline issues aside, I still think it's a pretty good episode and the 10th Doctor is wonderful when he finally emerges, I even rather liked that fighting hand line.
I work outside so prettybmuch know the seasons and when it gets light and Dark. Xmas day is very much near the shorest day here
WhiteGold

chap with wings wrote:Beginning of a long drawn out decline in popularity, unlikeable faux zany Doctor, unlikeable companion, overly convoluted story lines, cheats galore, emotionally vapid era. I hope Capaldi helps restore a bit of dignity.
This is the issue I had with the Smith years. I enjoyed Series 5 somewhat but it wasn't as good as what had come before. Series 8 has really made me like "New Who" again, however.
iank

Crazy opinion is crazy. :o :chase:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information