13%
13%
9%
12%
6%
9%

Total votes: 222
Paul Martin

Ten means couldn't be better, one means a barrel of crap. Get to it.
bingo99

Sorry, I don't rate Victory of The Daleks at all.
"Scriptwriters are confident they'll make a huge impact. Everyone remembers the Daleks and the Cyberman, but not a lot else if they're honest. The Tritovore will change that. They will last long in the memory" - New Who PR, 2009
NoSoul

bingo99 wrote:Sorry, I don't rate Victory of The Daleks at all.
But then how will we know how you feel about it if you don't assign a numerical value?

You win this round.... :VoidStuff:
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
Kajaboy

Power of the Daleks part 2.5

Some new ideas would be nice........... :roll:

The "Would you like some tea" line was very funny tho.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
The Buccaneer

Gave it 1 for Production values only. That was STUPID!

I am amazed that Terry Nation's Estate allowed it and in my view Nick Briggs complicity just wiped out any esteem and respect he has built up in times past.

The programmes original premise was; To be educational both in historical fact and as scientifically accurate as possible. Huh!

I am beginning to wonder if Steven Moffat was brought up on Space Patrol not Doctor Who. No. That's not fair on Space Patrol. Is this really the same man that brought us Girl in the 'Fireplace' and 'Blink'?
xylok b

I'm gonna watch it again, but at the moment i'm sorry but i'm not hopeful for the Moffat era, bring back DT and RTD, sorry Matt..
pekinghomonculus

6/10

Too much stuff going on for 45 minutes, no time to draw breath. Seemed to be a package of Doctor Who's greatest hits instead of a story in its own right. Hmm. I DID enjoy it, but there was something missing. It all felt very lightweight and insubstantial.

Maybe i'm a little disappointed as all the pre-release hype was "OMG, OMG best Dalek story ever!!!" when in the end it is just average. The new series hasn't really done a great Dalek story yet.

Next week's looks good though.

Oh, and did anyone else have some difficulty hearing some of the dialogue?
'teleportNOW!'

Hmmm, I wasn't overly impressed with this one, but I am still enjoying some great bits of acting and dialogue which I feel are making Season 31 generally better than what preceded it.

Saddling it with this "single episode" format really doesn't help - it started off as a pleasing nod to Power of the Daleks, but the need to rush 'on with the show!' blew the tension.

Not sure we really need more Star Wars homages either - after doing the garbage masher scene from Star Wars and the landing-inside-an-asteroid-thats-really-a-mouth scene from Empire Strikes Back last week,
this week we get the attack on the Death Star and the Millenium-Falcon-escapes-to-hyperspace bits! Oh well. To be fair, I thought a lot of the CGI visual were looking pretty neat.

Didn't like the naff plastic coloured daleks much however - Peter Cushing film, anyone? Bright red, yellow and blue bakelite is not scary, it's tacky! About as menacing as Dusty Bin.
The name of the bomb inside the android was over the top and silly.....

WORST MURRAY GOLD FANFARE EVER! when the new daleks emerged. Dear lord!

I still don't think the CGI extermination effect looks as good as plain old negative video! It's looked naff ever since "Remembrance of the Daleks".

And the theme tune is still atrocious.

Oh and a decent Churchill by Ian McNeice, although I missed Pendleton! ;)

Oh well. More next week!
Nobbend

I enjoyed it but it loses points for the new Dalek design 7/10
Fatso the wombat

I reckon that was easily Gatiss best script for the new series. There were a number of really great nods to past Dr Who stories with a story that kept you guessing until the end. Not sure I'm too keen on the brightness of the new Daleks, though...

'
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

I really wanted to love this one.

The first half was superb; I really liked it. The daleks being servants a la Power was great!--and when the Doctor hit the dalek with the spanner, and it said " You dont want any tea, then" was brilliant!. I loved it, superb atmosphere, and quite dark. Matt Smith is playing the role very well.

Until the new daleks appeared.

I watched in disbelief as a custard yellow one, and a Tango-fizzy orage coloured one, and a sky blue one, and, and, and...what the Hell is the stupid "zip" doing on their arses??
The huge shoulder pads reminded me of a Volvo estate car, and "Dynasty/Dallas" together. sh*t.

I watched, for the first time ever, the confidential afterwards, and heard the words "fun" and "cute" and Steven Moffat saying "The new ones are SO scary!".........well, I just burst out laughing, and turned the set off.

Daleks are supposed to be nasty, xenophobic, snide and secretive, and dull in colour. A weatherbeaten , perfect travel vehicle for the Alien inside. Not a shiny "look at me, lets all go round and round the room in our lovely crayola schemes chanting and making flower necklaces for us all."

And "shouting loudly" at the Doctor, trying to be threatening........I know the bright new colours are because the bbc want to make money from fans and kiddies buying all the different colours available, but Jesus Christ.................why do arseholes have to change things just because they can, or to justify their jobs or ideas, not to enhance something or improve on an Iconic shape. The second half was absolute sh*t. And I dont like the music nor the silly lightning in the titles. I know the programme isnt just made for me ( an old , jaded fan) but theres no need to change things that work, and work well. How can the viewer,fan or casual, take it seriously now?.ianj
DaReverendMrMagister

pekinghomonculus wrote:6/10

Too much stuff going on for 45 minutes, no time to draw breath.
The irony is, the whole Dalek plot was FINISHED in 30 minutes!

Has the show been reduced to 40-41 minute episodes to save money? (1st ep excepted)
Mr.Quill

It was pretty good I thought - I quite liked the new Dalek design, but the whole thing was far too rushed.

Best bits - The homage to Power, the teaser, Matt Smiths acting, the dialogue (well most of it), Churchill.

Worst bits - the deactivation of the bomb (what was THAT all about??), the jammy dodger nonsense, overload music spoiling the aforementioned dialogue.
Let me out of here - I belong out there!!
pekinghomonculus

DaReverendMrMagister wrote:
pekinghomonculus wrote:6/10

Too much stuff going on for 45 minutes, no time to draw breath.
The irony is, the whole Dalek plot was FINISHED in 30 minutes!

Has the show been reduced to 40-41 minute episodes to save money? (1st ep excepted)
True. It was a hectic half hour!

Having said all that it was still a masterpiece compared to the likes of 'Planet of the Dead' and 'The End of Time'.
abominable snowman

DaReverendMrMagister wrote:Words fail me.
They don't fail me - dire.

The new Daleks looked like blackpool dodgems and the story started well but slowed to nothing.
omnisvalidus

So which Daleks were these? They were supposedly impure but the Daleks from Journeys End were pure, Davros himself says so. Were these survivors from Parting of the Ways that were half human?

I like the fact that the Daleks are back (hopefully for good this time).
tony ingram

Liked the script (though it's definitely not as strong as the last two weeks), absolutely hated the new Daleks.
NoSoul

omnisvalidus wrote:So which Daleks were these? They were supposedly impure but the Daleks from Journeys End were pure, Davros himself says so. Were these survivors from Parting of the Ways that were half human?

I like the fact that the Daleks are back (hopefully for good this time).
For good? They came back every year since 2005 in some form. They were never really gone to begin with.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
alvin

Perhaps if the story had centered on The supposedly servant Daleks luring Winston, the scientist chap & Amy up to to their spacecraft with promise of a new Secret weapon that could defeat Hitler & the Nazi war macine IMMEDIATELY...thus ending WW2 at once & SAVING hundreds of thousands of Lives on ALL sides (including innocent Germans too)

But in truth it's all just a TRAP...to lure the Doctor to the Dalek ship to save his friends.......there they capture him...and extract some of his Timelord DNA to programme the secret of Time Travel, his personal knowledge of his role in the Time war, & some of HIS own genius into the NEW Daleks psyche (a BETTER designed lot of New Daleks !)....thus from now on The New Daleks will have some of The Doctor's own cunning and ingenuity included within their makeup....like the psychic link between some identical twins...

then Amy & friends rescue The Doctor...he in turn sets a device to destroy the Dalek ship and whisks them all back home to Earth ....but the Daleks partially de-activate the Doctor's trap....now sensing His actions...like a telepathy....and while their planned Destruction of the Earth fails (thanks to The Doctor's de-activating their Doomsday device) they are, nevertheless, able to escape back into time....

the episode could have ended...with The Doctor grimly HAVING TO CONCEED to Amy that while he has indeed SAVED the Earth on this occasion, and stopped The Dalek menace...this time...in truth he's really been outfoxed for once...by his oldest enemies....and he knows the awesome Responsibility he now faces....to personally track down & DESTROY every stinking Last New Dalek ...that he has unintentionally helped to create...

The Doctor vows NEVER to rest until he's erased the new Daleks....

just a thought...as ity stands the story seemed to end about ten minutes before the actual episode !

Why not have a story where The Daleks actually outwit The Doctor for a change...at least partially...setting us up for further confrontations between them....and making The Daleks a bit more Impressive as "Deadliest foes" (as they once WERE years ago !) - it would give the Doctoe v Daleks issue a new lease of life....yes ?

now...lets do something to Re-boot the once Invincible & Deadly Cybermen too....

Dr. Kit Pedler must be turning in his Grave by now......?

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information