9%
12%
6%
9%

Total votes: 222
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Ray attended the last curry night this forum had; he chatted to many of us, as the night wore on, and he told me that he isnt a big fan of the 2005 daleks, because he designed the proper original ones, and he feels that the 2005 type daleks weren't "clean" enough. The bodywork should be smooth and devoid of fixings, and completely uniform. Also, he felt, the size was optimal-showing something that was frightening, and all-powerful for its overall size. Also, he didnt want kids to think that there was enough room inside for a man, and to let them think.....maybe they are robots?

Having talked to him that night, as did many others, I feel sure that he will be disgusted with the new tellytubbie volvo- daleks. I feel the same way. They are an absolute shower of sh*te.ianj
Kajaboy

LizR wrote: PS I think I know where they got the idea...
I don't know why, but that is one of the funniest pictures I have seen a long time. :lol: :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Makkabee

I'm not entirely sure what's going on between that Dalek and that Teletubby, but I think the going rate is $20.
"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Makkabee wrote:I'm not entirely sure what's going on between that Dalek and that Teletubby, but I think the going rate is $20.
"All the aspects that used to make them slightly ridiculous - i.e. not being able to get up stairs - we've subverted and made slightly sinister. You won't like what they do with their sink plungers now." -- Russell T Davies
pekinghomonculus

LizR wrote: "All the aspects that used to make them slightly ridiculous - i.e. not being able to get up stairs - we've subverted and made slightly sinister. You won't like what they do with their sink plungers now." -- Russell T Davies
When he says "we've" he of course means Ben Aaronovitch.
pekinghomonculus

Actually i've just watched this again and it's a solid little episode.
Larry

just 7/10, the redesigned, Daleks, was for me Moffatt, clearly saying RTD, is gone this is my series now, I loved the colour schemes but am still undecided about the look - also I fewlt ian mcneice, was a poor Churchill, and no where near as good as what Albert Finney, was in thee Gathering Storm.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

pekinghomonculus wrote:
LizR wrote: "All the aspects that used to make them slightly ridiculous - i.e. not being able to get up stairs - we've subverted and made slightly sinister. You won't like what they do with their sink plungers now." -- Russell T Davies
When he says "we've" he of course means Ben Aaronovitch.
Yes, especially for the stairs. Not sure what Mr A did about the plungers - made them some sort of computer links?
chap with wings

Third episode, and I surprised myself by actually liking this one, it felt like Doctor Who, the war room setting was suitably claustrophobic, and there was actually a character I cared about in Bracewell.
McNeice was brilliant as he is in everything, now there would be a brave choice for Doctor 12, the overall atmosphere of the production was somehow "right"
now the negatives:
Smith - third episode and I still don't buy him as The Doctor
Gillan - after the wonderfully fully rounded Donna Noble she is a let down in character and acting
Spitfires in space - What???????
New Daleks - a pointless marketing opportunity.

So I am intrigued about Amy not remembering the Daleks and the new Bad Wolf crack thingy.

Better 6/10, loses 1 point each for Smith, Gillan, Space Spitfires and Marketing opportunity of the Daleks.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

chap, you're watching again!!!

(Girds her loins for a ding-dong argument on every aspect of the new series...)
chap with wings

I think that our positions will be reversed this series. I am now the leader of the opposition and you Are on the government benches :D :D
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
WHOis007?

Chap, while I commend you for finally watching....

Might I recommend you ditch telling us in each and every episode review that you don't like Smith and Gillam?

I think we can all accept that as a given.

More importantly, tell us the episode where you DO end up liking them. Otherwise, it's a waste not only of our time to read this obvious fact regarding your opinion but also saves your time and agitas.
"Beat you, cock."

Oh Tom. You and your double entendres.
chap with wings

Will do.
SUrprisingly, when I saw the trailer for the Van Gogh one, The Doctor says "run, run, run" and I got a cold shiver, it felt like The Doctor.......

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

chap with wings wrote:I think that our positions will be reversed this series. I am now the leader of the opposition and you Are on the government benches :D :D
I'm not sure I'm such a big fan of new-new-Who as you were of old-new-Who. (Or to stretch the metaphor even further, I may be a coalition partner of the new government, but I'm still somewhat critical... :twisted: )
abominable snowman

chap with wings wrote:Will do.
SUrprisingly, when I saw the trailer for the Van Gogh one, The Doctor says "run, run, run" and I got a cold shiver, it felt like The Doctor.......
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Come over to The Dark Side, Darth Chap....
'teleportNOW!'

Re-watching this again, it's basically AWFUL.
The story is just total handwaving implausible rubbish. And the new coloured daleks looks sh1t.
Things just happen in totally contrived ways (e.g. defuse a bomb by flirting with someone.... not getting exterminated by the daleks because he has a jammy dodger, airplanes flying in space in 'gravity bubbles') - it's unsatisfying mess.
shuzbot

http://www.dalek6388.co.uk/the-new-series-series-five/
Such is the nature of TV production that incoming Showrunner, Steven Moffat, was planning 2010s Series Five as early as 2008.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

shuzbot wrote:http://www.dalek6388.co.uk/the-new-series-series-five/
Such is the nature of TV production that incoming Showrunner, Steven Moffat, was planning 2010s Series Five as early as 2008.
Unlike Chris Chibnall who apparently will be winging it...
-JMW-

LizR wrote:Unlike Chris Chibnall who apparently will be winging it...
He's already written the first multi-part story hasn't he?
The Doctor becomes stranded in a small coastal town...a space-boy has just been found dead on the beach at the foot of a cliff. Is this a dastardly Silurian plot? Are the Sontarans involved somehow?...or have the Cybermen and Daleks returned?....
All are suspects in this timey-wimey adventure as the Doctor takes a new companion in the form of Mrs. Masters who seems upset that the Doctor is taking the limelight.

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information