1%
3%

Total votes: 192
Paul Martin

Rate and discuss, you get the idea.

:Blink:
mondas42

Now Thats more like it! :Blink:

Loved it, best so far this series. Roll on next week, and don't Blink!

Oh but could someone lamp the person in the BBC who thought putting that bloody Graham Norton advert on the screen was a good idea. Idiots!! :twisted: :evil:
sputnik2000

Can't believe Graham Norton invaded Who AGAIN! :shock:
OptikaNET

Totally what I was looking for!!!

Kind Regards
Dave
robbo13

I enjoyed that more than last week. No daft planes in space!! I think its better when the enemy is more sinister and lurks in the shadows!
DaReverendMrMagister

9/10 Bloody brilliant!

Makes last weeks dross look even worse.
'teleportNOW!'

Yep, good stuff - expensive looking visuals, return of a good scary monster, nice tense story with a proper cliff hanger, and plenty of good witty lines.
I particularly laughed at the thing about the TARDIS dematerialization noise ("it's not meant to make that noise, he just leaves the brake on") :lol:
And the "is she your wife?" ... "yes...... you're right, I am mr grumpy face today!" was a nice tease.

Murray Gold's music was still generally crap though, of course, although even there, he did have a few good atmospheric pads in the background at times.

The only thing I really wanna complain about is, about 60 seconds before the climax, this ludicrous little animated trailer thing for Graham Norton was put on screen?!!? And then the whole impact of cliffhanger > straight into credits (with no intervening "Next Week" spoilers) was lost because the credits were shrunk to a little box whilst a continuity announcer talked over them. Really, whoever it is at BBC1 who thinks this is a good thing to do needs a good kicking /sighs/
The Buccaneer

That's much better, I thought. It was becoming interesting. More Doctor Who'ish. I thought, thank goodness the programme is getting back on track. AND THEN..........................

...............They put that ******** Graham Norton cartoon all over the screen!!!!!

What are the BBC playing at. And what's Graham Norton got against Doctor Who? That's the second time he's *******it up.

One more OUTRAGE like that and you are going to lose a viewer who has been watching since 23rd November 1963!
'teleportNOW!'

I actually just went and filed a formal complaint about it on the BBC site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/

It is amazing how standards have declined though, isn't it?

In 2005, having Graham Norton leak onto the signal was a major technical gaffe.

In 2010, they do it on purpose.

Really, it's like when I was 8 and my mum would decide to do the hoovering just at a crucial moment :roll:

Just what is their reasoning?! It's not just pandering to people who don't like Dr Who (or anything) much, it's actively spoiling it for people who DO like it! Tw@ts.
Mr.Quill

I would say that its the BBC trying to get people to subscribe to HD. We watched it on the BBC HD channel and there wasn't a sign of the annoying Mr. Norton. The credits were still shrunk at the end though.
Let me out of here - I belong out there!!
'teleportNOW!'

well if the BBC wants to give me a new HD-capable telly and Freesat, I will happily watch it for them.
tony ingram

I've just complained via email. I tried phoning their complaints line but curiously, it seems to be engaged. I wonder why?
swapshop

That's more like it :Blink:
OptikaNET

Thanx Feline. Complaint posted!!!

Kind Regards
Dave
NoSoul

feline1 wrote:
Murray Gold's music was still generally crap though, of course, although even there, he did have a few good atmospheric pads in the background at times.
You liking something Murray Gold did? That explains the frogs falling from the sky outside my window an hour ago.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
DaReverendMrMagister

Mr.Quill wrote:I would say that its the BBC trying to get people to subscribe to HD. We watched it on the BBC HD channel and there wasn't a sign of the annoying Mr. Norton. The credits were still shrunk at the end though.
Haha! They must be trying to get people to move to Scotland, then, because we got no Graham Norton and no credit shrink. :lol:
DaReverendMrMagister

I see we have the usual 1 and 2 votes.

If anyone didn't like it I would genuinely be interested in the reasons behind it.
Nobbend

DaReverendMrMagister wrote:I see we have the usual 1 and 2 votes.

If anyone didn't like it I would genuinely be interested in the reasons behind it.
Excellent. a 10 from me. I couldn't knock points off for the Norton strap, since it's not the production team's fault!
Mr.Quill

For me it was by far the best so far in this season. River Song was brilliant, the music bearable, the scene with the Angel attacking Amy through the video chilling and a hark back to the 'talking after death' from Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead. The trailer for next week was superb.

Oh - and the Angels made far more effective baddies than last weeks over coloured excuses for Daleks.

10/10
Let me out of here - I belong out there!!
markhuk

Brilliant

Well made, well acted and extremely atmospheric
I hope episode 2 lives up to it.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information