3%
3%
2%
2%
1%
3%

Total votes: 192
DaReverendMrMagister

LizR wrote:One other thing...........how come all those Angels don't all stop each other from moving? Surely as soon as two of them look at one other, they should freeze, as in the denoument of "Blink" ... :?: :ugeek:

Or do they only move around in complete darkness? But then presumably they can't see each other, which must make for some painful collisions...no wonder all those statues looked a bit battered...

In fact, it's a wonder they ever evolved...maybe they come from another universe (before time, I think the Doctor said in "Blink"?) and this quantum locking business is just an unfortunate effect of being stuck in our universe...

(As for how they mate, assuming they do....!)
I had all these EXACT thoughts.

I was very surprised by the "evolved" line as I would also have assumed they were projections of super-dimensional beinga into our three dimensions.

But I have no problem with them having any powers necessary to tell a good story because I catagorise them as "magic" beings anyway. :D
DaReverendMrMagister

Mike Nuttall wrote:Having watched it again I have to say I missed an awful lot the first time around, I'm even more impressed with it on the second viewing, therefore I've marking it up from an 8 to a 10.
Me too. This is the first episode since.... probably Turn Left, that I have watched three times. :D
NoSoul

Robert Watkins wrote:
pekinghomonculus wrote:
Robert Watkins wrote:Watching HD, Norton didnt turn up - thank god. I would have been fuming if he had.
Nor in Scotland either. Hope the Moff is taking somenames over this though.
I wished they stop with the end credits as well. No sooner has the show finished, they cram them into a box and loud voice over comes on. The BBC have no need to do this, we pay for their services, unlike ITV for example and they do not need to sell the next programme or get us to stop changing channels.
Nice idea, but I think that particular innovation is here to stay if American television is any indication.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
tony ingram

There's now a grovelling apology on the BBC Complaints page about the banner. Over five thousand complaints...
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Even the innocent-looking Lizo Mzimba must be incandescent with rage, encouraging the youth of today to bombard the Newsround website with their messages of pimply outrage. Where will it all end? I can see it now... thousands of feral, greasy-haired, wobbly-voiced, spotty teenage boys (and three girls) storming Television Centre and carrying off a screaming Graham Norton toward a raging bonfire. If he were dead John Craven would be spinning in his grave...
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

DaReverendMrMagister wrote:I had all these EXACT thoughts.

I was very surprised by the "evolved" line as I would also have assumed they were projections of super-dimensional beinga into our three dimensions.
That makes sense. Maybe it was poetic licence....or the fact that even super-dimensional beings have to evolve at some point (or be created by creatures which evolved, or...)
But I have no problem with them having any powers necessary to tell a good story because I catagorise them as "magic" beings anyway. :D
Yes. In fact I think they need to be more magical, because they have such huge limitations as things stand that they really need to be almost godlike to compensate (but with a "scientific explanation" of course :D )

The stuff with images was a good step in the right direction, IMHO.
image45
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

LizR wrote:I didn't get Graham Norton in my version!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Yes the HD version did not have MR Norton, a lot of AVI files with DivX or Xvid iso Mpeg-4 files in them for download are often sourced from HD broadcasts. They give excellent picture quality as they maximise the codec viewing quality available.
O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
The Bride: You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.
O-Ren Ishii: Silly rabbit.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

The BBC has now formally apologised for the Graham Norton trailer and promised it will not happen again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/respons ... rton.shtml
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

'teleportNOW!'

shrinking and talking over credits is brainwrong too.

If it is such a good idea, why didn't the BBC do it for the previous 50 years?
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Robert Watkins wrote:Imagine working on that production, sitting at home with your family waiting for your name to come up at the end.

Then the dreaded stay tuned, shrink the credits, blah blah over the top them comes on - I wouldnt be happy.

But it's acceptable, because the US or ItV do it?

The BBC are funded and do not need to lower them selves to this level.
That's exactly what I think, and there's plenty of time between programmes to advertise other ones, they don't need to show trailers in programmes or during the credits.

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

It'll be adverts next.........!
'teleportNOW!'

They keep saying that people will "switch off" during the credits,
but what they don't seem able to understand is that if a show has a great theme tune,
people LIKE hearing the title and closing music!

Doctor Who used to have a great theme tune... :cry:
Kajaboy

Mike Nuttall wrote:The BBC has now formally apologised for the Graham Norton trailer and promised it will not happen again:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/respons ... rton.shtml

This is soooooooo funny. When the animated Dalek came up during the closing moments of Total Wipeout I thought it was cute...........when it happened on Doctor Who I went mad. What was worse was the trailer for Blood, Sweat and Luxuries that BBC3 put on just before Confidential. I had just sat down to eat when someone vomited and then they showed some animal being cut up.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
robbo13

The thing is sticking a cartoon trailer over a game show doesnt ruin it. Sticking one over a key climax in a drama totally spoils the moment. Had it been a few minutes earlier I dont think there would have been that much fuss.
dcampbell

feline1 wrote:They keep saying that people will "switch off" during the credits,
but what they don't seem able to understand is that if a show has a great theme tune,

Opening and closing music and the titles/credits sequences bookend the viewing experience. Alas we are not treated like adults, or with any due respect whatsoever, by a channel that only wants us to 'stay tuned' for the next programme.

While I wouldn't enjoy this any more on ITV (or SKY, if I had it), I at least understand that their raison d'etre is to keep viewers watching for their adverts. The BBC has no such excuse.
Nobbend

dcampbell wrote:
feline1 wrote:They keep saying that people will "switch off" during the credits,

Opening and closing music and the titles/credits sequences bookend the viewing experience. Alas we are not treated like adults, or with any due respect whatsoever, by a channel that only wants us to 'stay tuned' for the next programme.

While I wouldn't enjoy this any more on ITV (or SKY, if I had it), I at least understand that their raison d'etre is to keep viewers watching for their adverts. The BBC has no such excuse.
The BBC does have an excuse. In order to justify their licence fee they need to keep people watching and NOT switching over to ITV
Kajaboy

Nobbend wrote: The BBC does have an excuse. In order to justify their licence fee they need to keep people watching and NOT switching over to ITV
Oh that's hysterical. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You make it sound like ITV have something, anything, worth watching. :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I got my reply today...

Thank you for your e-mail.

The 'Over the Rainbow' trail in 'Doctor Who' should not have played out on Saturday and we apologise to all 'Doctor Who' fans whose enjoyment of the show was disrupted. We recognise the strength of feeling that has been expressed and are taking steps to ensure that this mistake will not happen again.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Regards

BBC Complaints

-----Original Message-----

You wrote:

{Date And Time:} 26/04/2010 10:15

{Title:} Mr
{First Name:} Mike
{Last Name:} Nuttall
{Email:}
{Postcode:}
{Country:} England
{Phone:}

{Programme Key:}
{Programme Name:} Doctor Who
{Transmission Date:} 24/04/2010
{Network:} BBC1

{Summary:} Distracting Animated Trailer

{Complaint:} The large animated trailer of Graham Norton during the
cliffhanger of last Saturday's episode of Doctor Who completely ruined
the climax of what was a brilliant episode. Please don't do this again!

:CptnJck:

markhuk
Styles Moderator
Styles Moderator

Thats exactly the same response I got Mikey

Love the signature pic btw
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

I wrote a big long email stating how the standards have fallen to the crappiest itv can come up with etc..and how I resent PAYING for sh*te when I can watch it for free on itv, and got THE SAME standard email back! typical bbc-standard issue email-they dont give a toss! Watch something happen again sometime in the future! ianj

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information