Favourite Story of Series 5

What's your favourite story of series 5?

The Eleventh Hour
14%
The Beast Below
No votes
Victory of the Daleks
No votes
The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone
14%
The Vampires of Venice
5%
Amy's Choice
19%
The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood
5%
Vincent and the Doctor
33%
The Lodger
10%
The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang
No votes

Total votes: 21
TheDentistOfDavros

What's your favourite story of series 5?
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Very strong series. I love them all, but I went for The Lodger because there was some really great stuff from Matt Smith. It was a very funny story.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
iank

The Angels 2 parter for me, though 11th Hour and several others come close. Best season of New Who by a country mile.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
koschei kriegsleiter
Banned From Forum
Banned From Forum

The Eleventh Hour. A good introduction for the Eleventh Doctor and Amy.

Actually, Moffat's first year is pretty good all around. I wonder whether it was the negative media reaction that made him change direction? It would have been nice if the Moffat era as a whole was more like Series 5, and less 'Death in Heaven'-y.
shuzbot

Amy's Choice, great self-contained story. :Amy Pond:
TheDentistOfDavros

Went for Vincent and the Doctor, loved that story. Great season all round as well!
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

I've gone for The Eleventh Hour. A smashing debut story for Smith's Doctor~he nailed the part immediately, came across as a natural eccentric, none of that 'forced' zaniness that Tennant seemed to partake in.

Liked that the story didn't dawdle about too much on the Doctor's post regeneration stuff, a straight on down to business affair.

Loved all that Amelia Pond "Raggedy Man" stuff (saying he'd be gone for 5 minutes, turned out 10 years etc.) all had a sorta fairy tale-ish feel to it. Amy was pretty good in it and Rory wasn't so much of a drip.

Prisoner Zero~in it's human 'disguises' with the horrible sharp teeth revealed, fair gave me the creeps.

Oh and I nearly forgot, got to love the past Doctors flashback bit at the end when the Doctor had that stand off with the giant eye-ball things.

Yeah, quite a strong series really, though it did sorta tail off a bit for me in the latter half.
Allons-y

Ugh, they're all bad, maybe the SIlurian one.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Amy's Choice, followed by the opener, the Angels one was OK but somewhat spoiled by changing them too much. Most of this season was OK, or fantastic by NewWho standards. Really got my hopes up for a while...
chap with wings

The wheels started to come off New WHo this season and it only got worse over the next two :-(

Went for the Angels two parter as if nothing else it had River Song in it.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
Allons-y

chap with wings wrote:The wheels started to come off New WHo this season and it only got worse over the next two :-(

Went for the Angels two parter as if nothing else it had River Song in it.
It's pretty dire, but Series 7 is better, if not Series 6.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information