4%
3%
1%
2%
2%

Total votes: 163
Nobbend

Hopefully soemone will turn this into a poll

10/10 for Amy's Choice. I loved every moment of it.
Kublai Khan

I think I'll have to watch it twice before I can review it properly but I enjoyed it.
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It was a tight and safe tribute to the classic dreamscape morality play. Simon played it safe with a workable formula and gave us strong insight into what Amy was willing to give up just to get back her fiance (aborting the child? Really? Dream or not, it's an irresponsible act of a mother) , I loved the twist with both realms being dreamscapes, and the psychic pollen manifested a new side to The Doctor's psyche...makes one wonder what he'll become if he litterally loses track of time.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I'm going to have it to give it a re-watch, my little dog was jumping all over me for half of it. Last week when the dogs barked during Vampires she spent most of that barking thinking it was a dog outside or something. From what I saw I liked it though. More later!
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
abominable snowman

I thought it was well written and acted. Karen Gillan is getting better every week and Matt Smith is now The Doctor for me 100%.
omnisvalidus

Well I really enjoyed it.

Its a shame more wasn't made of the fact that Amy basically chose to kill her baby as well. You would think Rory at least might mention it seeing as that dream was closest to what he wants and that the last thing he said before he 'died' was "Look after our baby"! Way to honour his dying wish Amy! :twisted:

Regards
The Dominator
The Dominator

6 out of 10. Sillyness and dreams......not really for me this week, though, again Matt Smith is super as the Doctor. The frosty scenes looked very effective-I felt cold!ianj
CADILLAC

Wow what a fab story.......

Like an episode of the Prisoner in a time machine with the feel of the Daemons threw in for good measure......
THE DALEK SUPREME

It was like Doctor Who meets Sapphire & Steel meets Last of the Summer Wine.

"You die, that's why it's called reality stupid" :lol:

8/10.
The Nimon

10/10, Brilliant and totally diffrent to anything that has gone before, More like this please Moff :Drunk:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Arcturus

I found it packed with wit, pathos, a great villain (even if it was the Doctor under the influence of outer space fairy dust, I thought it was going to be the Black Guardian or the Valeyard up until that moment) and the old people being knocked about was the icing on the cake for me.

I didn's see the twist coming at the end, and that gave the Amy and Rory backstory some depth which was a logical follow on from last weeks episode. Good but not soapy enough to be RTD era stuff.
greystone

I enjoyed that. 7 - 10. It was different and well suited to a single parter.
Kublai Khan

It was quite a complex narrative and I didn't completely understand it the first time. I'm not sure I understand having watched it again to be honest but it was one of the better stories this year and more like traditonal Who, and unlike VotD it fitted into a 45 minute episode and it didn't feel rushed at the end.
Zenith

Like Russell Davies 'Midnight' I don't quite know what to make of this story, I thought the performances were terrific on the whole but the plot was muddled and didn't actually go anywhere. It had the whiff of a Sarah Jane Adventures episode or one of those cheap-to-video fan made efforts from the 90s.
I honestly thought with the Dreamlords banter of familiarity with the Doctor we might be in for the Celestial Toymaker (wishful thinking?) but nontheless this is a very worthy addition to the Doctors rogues gallery and exactly what the series should be doing - new stuff!
I felt the villainisation & disposability of old folk was tasteless and the 'monsters' a bit unneccesary as well, though the idea of dream vs reality is excellent fodder for a story the director should perhaps shoulder some of the blame for the end result feeling very flat and Matt Smith being a little too overactive when what was needed was a more edgy response to what was going on.

I'd give it a 6/10 but shall definitly rewatch it tomorrow!
renegade

Enjoyable enough.

I thought it was fairly obvious they were both dreams, because a) a pregnant companion, or one with a baby to look after, wasn't going to happen, and b) no clouds of frosted breath in the TARDIS scenes (though maybe I was just expecting too much realism here?).

I wish they'd drop the comments about Elizabeth the First.
markgobpub

Really enjoyed that one, and the advancing hordes of zombie-like pensioners was hilarious but unsettling. Another solid episode for me.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I thought it was a good solid story, lots of humour and a decent villain, even if it it turn out to be the Doctor in the end.

I think I'm slowly getting used to the change of direction this year, I've been so used to liking RTD's style Moffat's has taken a bit of getting used to.

Matt Smith is bloody brilliant though, he never seems to put a foot wrong, he's been excellant in every story so far.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

markgobpub wrote:Really enjoyed that one, and the advancing hordes of zombie-like pensioners was hilarious but unsettling. Another solid episode for me.
If only they could do zombie pensioners, Mark, how cool would that be!!! 8-)

Dave Ross

10/10 Absolutely brilliant. Very funny, plenty of action and creepy senior citiizens :shock:
Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war, but, from it's ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe - the Dalek!

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information