11%
4%
3%
1%
2%
2%

Total votes: 163
tony ingram

Impressed. I like the way Amy's character is developing, Rory is turning into a fine addition to the team and the story was well told and satisfyingly resolved. I'm really liking this series, so far.
Tomo-1983

It was good until the final 5-10 minutes. I can't stand Rory. He's a pathetic character and I was wishing he would be killed off last night. Shame he wasn't. Also felt a bit of a cop out after watching 35 minutes trying to guess which one is a dream and then you find out both are! Felt a bit pointless at the end. This stuff with Amy and Rory is an unwelcome distraction too. That stuff belongs to Eastenders not DW. First 35 minutes 8/10. Last 10 minutes 3/10. Overall 5/10.
Shaving Foamasi

Loved it! Matt Smith IS the Doctor. Brilliant!
You mean you believed the Doctor would never regenerate into a woman?
Shaving Foamasi

Tomo-1983 wrote:It was good until the final 5-10 minutes. I can't stand Rory. He's a pathetic character and I was wishing he would be killed off last night. Shame he wasn't. Also felt a bit of a cop out after watching 35 minutes trying to guess which one is a dream and then you find out both are! Felt a bit pointless at the end. This stuff with Amy and Rory is an unwelcome distraction too. That stuff belongs to Eastenders not DW. First 35 minutes 8/10. Last 10 minutes 3/10. Over 5/10.
So people are only allowed to have relationships in Soap Operas?
You mean you believed the Doctor would never regenerate into a woman?
Tomo-1983

Shaving Foamasi wrote:
Tomo-1983 wrote:It was good until the final 5-10 minutes. I can't stand Rory. He's a pathetic character and I was wishing he would be killed off last night. Shame he wasn't. Also felt a bit of a cop out after watching 35 minutes trying to guess which one is a dream and then you find out both are! Felt a bit pointless at the end. This stuff with Amy and Rory is an unwelcome distraction too. That stuff belongs to Eastenders not DW. First 35 minutes 8/10. Last 10 minutes 3/10. Over 5/10.
So people are only allowed to have relationships in Soap Operas?
No, but there is too much emphasis on it. I prefer a good story to a load of snogging in the TARDIS. It's becoming more important than the whole concept of DW as being adventures in space and time. Last night felt like a waste of an opportunity as the story idea was great except the ending which was crap.
RANTING MANIAC

Mike Nuttall wrote: Matt Smith is bloody brilliant though, he never seems to put a foot wrong, he's been excellant in every story so far.
Matt Smith is the best Doctor since the shows return. He has a natural off-beat quality which returns the Doctors individuality.

No-one on tv should be like the Dr, and I thought the previous two doctors were written and played as your average cocky young man who just happened to be a timelord too. :roll:

Gillam is less impressive. the way she widens her eyes to express amazement or shock is so false, I can almost hear the director shouting "Cue: Amy surprised look please!" Eye lids raised on cue, but eyes empty of any alarm whatsoever.
Zarius

It's funny, but Rory is the perfect kind of upstanding, morally centered, selfless friend a companion could ever have for a husband, yet in the minds of soap denziens that makes him unlikeable.

Fascinating.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Tomo-1983 wrote:It was good until the final 5-10 minutes. I can't stand Rory. He's a pathetic character and I was wishing he would be killed off last night. Shame he wasn't. Also felt a bit of a cop out after watching 35 minutes trying to guess which one is a dream and then you find out both are! Felt a bit pointless at the end. This stuff with Amy and Rory is an unwelcome distraction too. That stuff belongs to Eastenders not DW. First 35 minutes 8/10. Last 10 minutes 3/10. Overall 5/10.

Yeah, I agree with the constant snogging, soap opera crap etc.. I want to watch a sci fi adventure family series. The character of Rory is a plank.... hes a 2x4...in the classic series, Harry was a plank, but he was upright and heroic too.ianj
Tomo-1983

Zarius wrote:It's funny, but Rory is the perfect kind of upstanding, morally centered, selfless friend a companion could ever have for a husband, yet in the minds of soap denziens that makes him unlikeable.

Fascinating.
I'd give him a good slap if he was my friend. He's so wet!
tony ingram

Zarius wrote:It's funny, but Rory is the perfect kind of upstanding, morally centered, selfless friend a companion could ever have for a husband, yet in the minds of soap denziens that makes him unlikeable.

Fascinating.
For once, we agree. Rory is essentially what many of us would be in his situation-out of his depth, a bit pissed off at being continually endangered, and only sticking with it to stay close to his beloved Amy. Yet he continually overcomes his naturally cautious nature and risks his life to protect others. Some people aren't the action hero type but are still capable of surprising heroism. that's Rory.
robbo13

I enjoyed it, but not as much as previous episodes. I gave it a 7 but no doubt on a re-run I might have to change that!! Agree with the comments about Matt Smith, he is excellent. Im really pleased for him that he is proving all the doubters wrong.
Zenith

robbo13 wrote:I enjoyed it, but not as much as previous episodes. I gave it a 7 but no doubt on a re-run I might have to change that!! Agree with the comments about Matt Smith, he is excellent. Im really pleased for him that he is proving all the doubters wrong.
It is perfectly natural to doubt before the fact, I was a doubter too but he proved his chops to me straight away!
The only criticism I have is that The Doctors character is set into the eccentric Tom Baker style of performance since the series started with Eccleston, a wacky and hyperactive persona has to be moved away from for a while to give the series a sense of genuine change and pace. When Tennant says Regeneration is like dying it should be evident by the change in his successors behaviour. :|

Nontheless I agree fully Matt Smith might be the best Doctor since the series returned. :Brannigan:
Vermicious Knid

I gave it a 9 out of 10. The only thing that stopped it getting a "10" was the ending. I was convinced The Mind Robber was behind it all.

Karen was fantastic. Matt Smith just gets better and better as the Doctor. He's second only to Patrick Troughton in my opinion! Can't wait until next week!
abominable snowman

Vermicious Knid wrote:I gave it a 9 out of 10. The only thing that stopped it getting a "10" was the ending. I was convinced The Mind Robber was behind it all.

Karen was fantastic. Matt Smith just gets better and better as the Doctor. He's second only to Patrick Troughton in my opinion! Can't wait until next week!
I thought it might be The Black Guardian, The Celestial Toymaker, The Mind Robber or another baddie we'd seen before. It was almost disappointing that the baddie was the Doctor but it was cleverly done.
MikeH

10/10 for this one. Thoroughly gripping all the way through with a Daemons like village, a deep frozen Doctor, and the creepy old folk. I assumed this dream lord to be the Valeyard at first, but his voice sounded just like that Dukka character who invaded Tegan's dream in Kinda. He was supposed to be a representation of the Doctor as well in that, wasn't he? This season continues to delight and surprise me.
Vermicious Knid

Could it be a bit of the Valeyard peaking his head out?
abominable snowman

The Valeyard! That's who I was trying to remember to put in my list of possible big-bads.
Vermicious Knid

Gotta say, I've really become smitten with Amy Pond. Aside from her obvious assets, she's so damn charming!
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Dis-gusting! ................................................. *thud!* :lol:
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Kajaboy

I gave it an 8. It's the best so far but that's hardly a compliment considering the rubbish they have dished up in the name of Doctor Who this season.
To me this episode was like a remix of several SJA episodes. I really do hope for something better soon....PLEASE!!!
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information