No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Kajaboy wrote:When have you ever known a woman understand how electrical clocks are set. :lol:
Hah! I understand that perfectly, thank you.

They're set by men.
toxicspurge

LizR wrote:
toxicspurge wrote:The good man River killed was the Doctor. It hasn't happened in his timeline yet.
Is that a fact, or are you guessing?
I'm guessing.
DaReverendMrMagister

toxicspurge wrote:
LizR wrote:
toxicspurge wrote:The good man River killed was the Doctor. It hasn't happened in his timeline yet.
Is that a fact, or are you guessing?
I'm guessing.
If there are two timelines/universes clashing and making the crack, then it's possible the River could kill the Doctor, but the Doctor from another timeline.
toxicspurge

Or she could "kill" the 11th Doctor when it's time for him to regenerate into the 12th.
mrmoo2001

Just saw this in Australia. I approached this ep with great apprehension, after having liked many NuWho firts-parters and hating the second... and I am relieved to say that this stood up to my crucial first viewing.

The ending was rather quick, but at least it was set up properly, though I sincerely hope that we don't see the weeping angels again for a long, long time if ever (I honestly can't see how another story could NOT ruin them).

The continued continuity referenced to previous stories (stories which I'd rather forget) does annoy me, but on the flipside they appear to have been erased from history so it's not all bad.

In short: This was good fun. Fingers crossed for the future...
'teleportNOW!'

Watching this again, it just about lived up to the splendid first part, with some pretty creepy and tense bits occurring (particularly at the start when the angels were chasing them down the corridors).
The Doctor lost his temper in a rather overblown way at times, but River Song also nicely undercut him by making the teleport work when he was drama-queening on :) Father Octavian's death was touching.
Am still a bit baffled as to whether River Song knows Amy Pond is her mum or not at this point!

I really rather enjoyed the 'Amy trying to get the Doctor to shag her' scene at the end, and the "meanwhile in the TARDIS" bonus scene ('space Gandalf' lol). I think they're pretty true to Amy's character, whilst also full of the dramatic irony for the viewer who knows that "Noooooo! Amy!!! the Doctor doesn't shag his companions!!!!! lol!" ("...or DOES he...?" etc etc)
Kajaboy

Just noticed I hadn't actually voted on this one so I gave it a big number 2. :D
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Kajaboy wrote:Just noticed I hadn't actually voted on this one so I gave it a big number 2. :D
Did you gold plate it?
Kajaboy

LizR wrote:
Kajaboy wrote:Just noticed I hadn't actually voted on this one so I gave it a big number 2. :D
Did you gold plate it?
Wouldn't be worth the effort. Took me long enough to give a c*** in the first place. :lol:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Allons-y

It seems like I might be alone, but I actually think bringing the weeping angels back was a mistake. For me, Blink worked brilliantly, but the time distortion gimick that is the angels should be left alone after that. The only reason I scored it as highly as 4 is because on the whole it was a well written and engaging story, but bringing back the weeping angels and River Song for that matter completely killed it for me.
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Allons-y wrote:It seems like I might be alone, but I actually think bringing the weeping angels back was a mistake. For me, Blink worked brilliantly, but the time distortion gimick that is the angels should be left alone after that. The only reason I scored it as highly as 4 is because on the whole it was a well written and engaging story, but bringing back the weeping angels and River Song for that matter completely killed it for me.
No argument from me on that one. It worked for a while but they were so changed from the original idea that it just ended up being a frustrating case of "whatever the writer wants to happen" (which is fine if the writers sticks to their OWN rules, but he didn't even manage that). And River Song was a pest as usual. The Angels' third outing was a bit better - but the Statue of Liberty should have remained a one-liner, Moffat doesn't know when to leave something alone. "Less is more!"
Allons-y

LizR wrote:
Allons-y wrote:It seems like I might be alone, but I actually think bringing the weeping angels back was a mistake. For me, Blink worked brilliantly, but the time distortion gimick that is the angels should be left alone after that. The only reason I scored it as highly as 4 is because on the whole it was a well written and engaging story, but bringing back the weeping angels and River Song for that matter completely killed it for me.
No argument from me on that one. It worked for a while but they were so changed from the original idea that it just ended up being a frustrating case of "whatever the writer wants to happen" (which is fine if the writers sticks to their OWN rules, but he didn't even manage that). And River Song was a pest as usual. The Angels' third outing was a bit better - but the Statue of Liberty should have remained a one-liner, Moffat doesn't know when to leave something alone. "Less is more!"
Agreed! And he better not bring them back again, time to stop. The sooner he gets rid of River the better too
AMERICA IS AN ANVIL.

:4thDoctor: There's no point in being grown up, if you can't be childish sometimes!
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Paul Martin wrote:Out of ten. Please post your thoughts and comments too.

The Doctor, Amy, Dr. Song and the remaining soldiers manage to escape from the crashed ship and into the forest. The Angels attempt to create a rift in time and space much as the Doctor had found in Amy's room when they first met. Amy meanwhile is counting down from 10 minutes and the Doctor has determined that an Angel has taken over her mind.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information