5%
6%
4%
2%
1%
3%

Total votes: 143
Kajaboy

A 2 and I'm being kind. Utterly hideous. I'm sure they are just making it up as they go along now. "We will remember them because we travel in time"............"Who's Rory??" :roll:
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
image45
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

Kajaboy wrote:A 2 and I'm being kind. Utterly hideous. I'm sure they are just making it up as they go along now. "We will remember them because we travel in time"............"Who's Rory??" :roll:
Did you really find it that bad?

Gosh I am worried now, would it have been better if RTD had scripted this one or had control of its content do you think?
O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?
The Bride: You know, for a second there, yeah, I kinda did.
O-Ren Ishii: Silly rabbit.
Zarius

I thought the final few minutes were down to Moffat personally, but we won't know for sure unless Moffat releases a Writer's Tale and gloats about it.
NoSoul

7/10, pedestrian but watchable retread of an earlier Pertwee era story taking a 360 degree turn due to an unexpected gut-wrenching ending.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
NoSoul

Zarius wrote:I thought the final few minutes were down to Moffat personally, but we won't know for sure unless Moffat releases a Writer's Tale and gloats about it.
I wouldn't disagree with that initial assessment.
"Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such spin-offs as Son of Sanford and Son, and AfterMannix."
Dave Ross

Zarius wrote:I thought the final few minutes were down to Moffat personally, but we won't know for sure unless Moffat releases a Writer's Tale and gloats about it.
I don't see what he's got to gloat about.

Even Warriors of the Deep is better than this, at least it tried to do something new with the Silurians by teaming them with the Sea Devils and having the Myrka. This story was told in 1970 only a heck of a lot better.

Something has gone badly wrong with this series. The BBC needs to fire Piers Wenger, Beth Willis and probably Steven Moffat and get a new production team in, or at least put a rocket under them to force them out of their comfort zone.
Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war, but, from it's ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe - the Dalek!
greystone

Dave Ross wrote:

Even Warriors of the Deep is better than this, at least it tried to do something new with the Silurians by teaming them with the Sea Devils and having the Myrka. This story was told in 1970 only a heck of a lot better.

Something has gone badly wrong with this series. The BBC needs to fire Piers Wenger, Beth Willis and probably Steven Moffat and get a new production team in, or at least put a rocket under them to force them out of their comfort zone.
The Myrka?? That is going too far!!
tony ingram

Dave Ross wrote:

Yes, something has clearly gone badly wrong with this series. That's why the majority of the audience is still clearly loving it, why the ratings are consistently high, why the AI is consistently high...
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Dave Ross wrote: Something has gone badly wrong with this series. The BBC needs to fire Piers Wenger, Beth Willis and probably Steven Moffat and get a new production team in, or at least put a rocket under them to force them out of their comfort zone.
This is without a doubt the biggest pile of steaming horse manure I have ever seen on the internet. I'm beginning to wonder why I bother to keep this place open!!!!
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Kafka

Solid 10 for me. Even the missus was transfixed. The whole Rory/Tardis fragment bits really caught me off guard.

I can see this one splitting opinions on this board though...
Kajaboy

image45 wrote:
Kajaboy wrote:A 2 and I'm being kind. Utterly hideous. I'm sure they are just making it up as they go along now. "We will remember them because we travel in time"............"Who's Rory??" :roll:
Did you really find it that bad?

Gosh I am worried now, would it have been better if RTD had scripted this one or had control of its content do you think?
I'm afraid I did. It's the lowest I have ever given to a story and I'm including the old series in that too.

I'm not sure that having RTD on this story would have helped at all to be honest. It was little more than a bad retread of the original Silurians story. I have said this almost every week but I would like something new. However you feel about the scripts of RTD he always did something new with the characters.

I also feel they killed wrong companion. ie: The one that can act.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
abominable snowman

5.7 million overnights :|
Bobspoons

I liked it and thought the pacing was great with some good acting.

True it is a rehash of Pertwees, but seeing as it was done well and I enjoyed the viewing, I dont mind that so much (as long as it doesnt become a habit).

So I thought it was pretty good.
Wish the silurians had the third eye though, even if not used.
Posting name Bobspoons, real name Alex

PS: The avatar picture is "Alfred Chicken", for those of you who love the CBM-Amiga. Saw his pic in an avatar collection, wndered why he was there and decided somebody should keep the legend of Alfred alive.
Larry

abominable snowman wrote:5.7 million overnights :|

bad weather and later start time I was expecting to get over the 6m mark but not only did it fail to do that there was also a big fall in the audiance share figure which is a big worry,. I think last nights figures more than anything show that Doctor Who, has lost around a million viewers since Tennent , left. It may be to early to start to worry series 6 has been commisioned but if the show continues to lose viewers I have an uneasy feeling that we might not get a series 7.
robbo13

Well I thought it was a decent effort. Ive seen worse episodes thats for sure, including a few by RTD. Half the problem with the audience figures is the constant shifting around the schedules. 8/10 from me.
chap with wings

most surreal comment about last nights episode was from my mum, it went along the lines of "I watched Doctor Who last night, there were lizard people who made your veins red, and that new chap playing the Doctor, is there something wrong with his neck?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
toxicspurge

I found it very good...not quite as good as part one, but thinking back, I don't think I've ever rated a part two as high as a part one.

Things I liked:

-The ending losing Rory (who?). Gut-wretching. I'm really getting the feeling now that things will not end well for Amy Pond.

-The idea that both species had war-like factions to the point where neither species were ready to co-exist.

Things I didn't like:

The scientist dissecting people on one hand, but then seeming like a really compassionate guy.

BTW, the term "dissection" is used when you "take apart" a creature that's dead. When you take it apart while it's still alive, it's called "vivisection". A minor point, but it bothered me.
tony ingram

Larry wrote:

bad weather and later start time I was expecting to get over the 6m mark but not only did it fail to do that there was also a big fall in the audiance share figure which is a big worry,. I think last nights figures more than anything show that Doctor Who, has lost around a million viewers since Tennent , left. It may be to early to start to worry series 6 has been commisioned but if the show continues to lose viewers I have an uneasy feeling that we might not get a series 7.
Except that it hasn't lost a million viewers-if anything, it seems to have gained some as, despite this blip, on average the ratings are higher this year than previously. All that is happening is that the overnights are becoming increasingly irrelevant to the final figures as more people take advantage of the repeat, Sky+ or iplayer rather than rushing home for the initial transmission. Last night's figures were higher than last week's, anyway!
Dave Ross

Larry wrote:

So the weather wasn't good, it had a 7pm start time and it still failed to reach the 6m mark. More importantly it's audience share fell. Dr Who beat the gameshow on ITV by around 1m.
Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war, but, from it's ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe - the Dalek!
tony ingram

Dave Ross wrote:
Larry wrote:

So the weather wasn't good, it had a 7pm start time and it still failed to reach the 6m mark. More importantly it's audience share fell. Dr Who beat the gameshow on ITV by around 1m.
In the overnights only! We've had this for weeks and people still aren't getting it-the final time shifted figures used to be a few thousand viewers extra, they're now regularly coming in at over a million. Less people are watching the initial broadcast because more are watching it later-that's all!

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information