1%
1%

Total votes: 270
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I thought it was very good.

7/10.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
THE DALEK SUPREME

The final ratings have come in and this story was watched by 6.44 million viewers.
mrmoo2001

A very good ep. Lighter on scifi than a lot of others, more the comedy of the Doctor trying to lead a human life, but I had a great time watching it and that's what matters in the end.
'teleportNOW!'

Watched this again.....

basically (as when I watched it on transmission) I found it laugh-out-loud hilarious most of the way through - top rate situation rom-com (or whatever the hell genre you call it when you get a time lord renting a room in someone's house). Very different style of Dr Who story from something more traditional (e.g. the weeping angels 2 parter earlier in the season), and as such, a triumph of what the Dr Who format can accomodate - entirely carried off by the skill of the writing and acting.

Again (as with the Van Gogh episode), the actual sci-fi alien bit was by far the weakest link! It resolution ("they kiss each other and that magically fixes everything") was Hans Christian Anderson nonsense... but the rest of the episode was so hilarious, touching and entertaining that I didn't really mind.
(Really though, you could've made a perfectly good episode without "the monster", simply having Amy return and rescue him at the end by finding the right button or something).
iank

The second worst of the season. Just silly, lame, bad rom-com nonsense that sits ill at ease with the rest of the season and wastes Amy entirely. Not a fave.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

chap with wings wrote:Rate The Lodger, comments and opinions are welcome as always.

No sooner does the TARDIS land on Earth that it leaves again - but without the Doctor who had just stepped outside. The Doctor soon finds himself at the home of Craig Owens, who has been advertising for a lodger. There's clearly something odd in the house with people being lured to the upstairs room, but never reappearing. The Doctor is having a good time of it and is having a bit of fun; he proves to be a rather good football player. Craig the landlord is very much in love with Sophie but can't quite bring himself to tell her. The Doctor tries to help them out. But ...

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information