3%
2%
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%

Total votes: 238
chap with wings

Score tonights episode of Doctor Who, comments and debate as always are welcome.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
DSJR

Pure impossible bonkers, but I was spellbound..

Deduct one mark 'cos of the ghastly "new" Daleks
abominable snowman

DSJR wrote:Pure impossible bonkers, but I was spellbound..

Deduct one mark 'cos of the ghastly "new" Daleks

It was bonkers - and brilliant! 8-)
Kajaboy

10. I really enjoyed that. Loved seeing Rory dressed as a Roman Centurion. :)
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

mmmm so did I; Id give him one. (even though he's geeky..........) ianj
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Oh, yes.9 out of 10 from me-down 1 because of the shity new daleks....ianj
Arcturus

Still getting my breath back. That was much better than I expected and I didn't see cliffhanger coming :shock:
Arcturus

ianj wrote:Oh, yes.9 out of 10 from me-down 1 because of the shity new daleks....ianj
Yes 9/10 from me too, like you because the new Daleks are stupid :Dalek:
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

An absolutely riveting episode, River feels like an old friend of mine with the way her attitude grows and grows, and Rory turning out to be a guilt-ridden Auton was perfection, nice to see also a blend of "futruists vs Idealism", everyone trying to preserve the web of all realitys by trapping The Doctor in The Pandorica, of course it isnt JUST The Doctor that can clamp it down, no matter what kind of dead ends there are.

Great, invigorating fun moster-mash with a bit of a spirted journey yet to unfold.
Kublai Khan

That was pretty damn good but how are they going to get out of that :?:

Matt Smith was superb and at last Amy's backstory starts coming out. About bloody time!
Iain Levene

10/10.

That was PHUCKING amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who fails to award that all time classic episode 10/10 deserves to be shot like the festering pile of dung they are!!!!!!!!!!
Solon

That was pretty spectacular! Loved the nod to "The Thing" with the Cyberman helmet :Cyberman:
Nobbend

Echoing the sentiments above

9/10. One point deducted for the new Darrrrrleks and the fanwank that is the great new series monster alliance- even old Kudlak from SJA was in there!
Nobbend

Iain Levene wrote:10/10.

Anyone who fails to award that all time classic episode 10/10 deserves to be shot like the festering pile of dung they are!!!!!!!!!!
Who let you back in? :-)
THE DALEK SUPREME

That was so cool!

It was great to see all the monsters in the same shot. Top marks to Mr Moffat for the cliffhanger because I didn't see it coming either.

Matt Smith was excellant and even Karen Gillan had some real acting to do this week. One thing I don't get is if Rory was an Auton why was he having feelings?

How are they going to get out of that cliffhanger though? WOW!
Grugger

Now that's what the show is all about. Clever, scary, funny, tragic, exciting. A really tight script and some superb dialogue from The Moff.

My only criticism is that the new Daleks looked even sillier next to the other monsters.

9/10.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

Iain Levene wrote:10/10.

I think YOU are a PHUCKING IDIOT.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

I thought that was fantastic!

The script was wonderful. The acting was brilliant. The direction was excellant. That's the kind of episode that reminds why I fell in love with Doctor Who in the first place.

Matt Smith continues to be the best thing about this series and even Karen Gillan was given something to work with this week, the scenes between Amy and Rory were poignant and beautifully played by both actors.

There were so many great moments it's almost impossible to pick one out as my favourite, although it has to be said I thought the cliffhanger was amazing.

The one thing that detracted from my pleasure was the sight of those ridiculous new Daleks among all the returning monsters, they just look so stupid.

9/10.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
Deleted User 3156

Mind-blowingly good. Can't wait to see how they get him out of that :o
aggedor

I thought the Doctor was going to open the Pandorica and find himself in there. I think it was a clever twist to have the enemies joining forces to imprison him in it. I think was Matt Smith's best bit of acting to date.

The Cyberman head as "The Thing" was hilarious but brilliant, and I bet a few kids dived behind the sofa when that happened.

Even River Song wasn't too smug and irritating this week.

The new Daleks - argh!

10/10.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information