3%
2%
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%

Total votes: 238
greystone

Riversong's ass was the best thing in it, awesome.
Dave Ross

Awesome! 10 out of 10! 8-)
Today, the Kaled race is ended, consumed in a fire of war, but, from it's ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate conqueror of the universe - the Dalek!
The Nimon

10/10 OMG the best doctor Who in ages, How the hell is this going to resolve, is it next week yet?????? :VoidStuff:
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Solon

The Nimon wrote:10/10 OMG the best doctor Who in ages, How the hell is this going to resolve, is it next week yet?????? :VoidStuff:
It's either going to be the biggest cop-out or the cleverest thing ever :idea:
CADILLAC

Mike Nuttall wrote:
Iain Levene wrote:10/10.

That was PHUCKING amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who fails to award that all time classic episode 10/10 deserves to be shot like the festering pile of dung they are!!!!!!!!!!
I think YOU are a PHUCKING IDIOT.

I think Ian knows how to spell his own name..... :notfunny: :notfunny: :notfunny:
Grugger

He spells it phucking, are you sure? ;)
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

That's enough, a joke's a joke but let's not carry it on too far please.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

If you find this to be a worthwhile message, spread it throughout the land.
CADILLAC

THE DALEK SUPREME wrote:
Matt Smith was excellant and even Karen Gillan had some real acting to do this week. One thing I don't get is if Rory was an Auton why was he having feelings?

How are they going to get out of that cliffhanger though? WOW!

If continuity is important to the story in new Who if the Autons copied Rory then he needs to be alive to maintain the copy....
Rember Mickey Auton in the episode Rose.......
markgobpub

10/10 from me. Beautifully shot, great use of an iconic location and a wonderful turn from Matt Smith. Let's be honest, Doctor Who doesn't get much better than this, does it?
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

CADILLAC wrote:
THE DALEK SUPREME wrote:
Matt Smith was excellant and even Karen Gillan had some real acting to do this week. One thing I don't get is if Rory was an Auton why was he having feelings?

How are they going to get out of that cliffhanger though? WOW!

If continuity is important to the story in new Who if the Autons copied Rory then he needs to be alive to maintain the copy....
Rember Mickey Auton in the episode Rose.......
Oh yes, forgot about that! I hope this means the real Rory is still alive and on his way back.
The best chance for achieving peace and prosperity, for the maximum number of people worldwide, is to pursue the cause of liberty.

Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

markgobpub wrote:10/10 from me. Beautifully shot, great use of an iconic location and a wonderful turn from Matt Smith. Let's be honest, Doctor Who doesn't get much better than this, does it?
I'm with you Mark, it doesn't. I'm glad to see it scoring so highly.

Who was the berk who scored it 1/10. Seriously! :|

The big question is... did chap with wings watch it, and if so, did he like it :?: Over to you Edmondo...

chap with wings

Mike Nuttall wrote:
markgobpub wrote:10/10 from me. Beautifully shot, great use of an iconic location and a wonderful turn from Matt Smith. Let's be honest, Doctor Who doesn't get much better than this, does it?

The big question is... did chap with wings watch it, and if so, did he like it :?: Over to you Edmondo...
You ask Mikey, and I deliver, I have been trying to post from the Iphone for the last half an hour to no success, so here I am in The heart of Wings Operations bringing you my reaction:

"Well, it started with the best pre credits ever, suitably epic very remeniscent of The Stolen Earth, Mrs Wings got goosebumps so it must have been good! The pace kept up until they got to the Pandorica, and once you found out the aliens were coming it sort of slowed to a halt, The Doctor doing his speech left me feeling so what, and Amy and Rory's reunion wasn't that emotional.
Things really really stepped up a gear once River Song got into the TARDIS, real edge of the seat stuff, and who was the voice in the TARDIS saying "silence will fall"?
While I am on the topic of River Song, how stunningly beautiful is she in this one ??? Second only in my mind to Mrs Wings.
So the cliff hanger, what a corked and no "next time" trailer either.
So overall 7/10, actually make that 8/10 the extra point for River Song being so stunning!!!!"
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
chap with wings

greystone wrote:Riversong's ass was the best thing in it, awesome.
Seconded, thirded and fourthed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
The Nimon

Solon wrote:
The Nimon wrote:10/10 OMG the best doctor Who in ages, How the hell is this going to resolve, is it next week yet?????? :VoidStuff:
It's either going to be the biggest cop-out or the cleverest thing ever :idea:
I'll go for the Latter as its not RTD writing it
The Judge Judy of Planet Mondax
Zenith

I echo the consensus of opinion, this was extremely well plotted and drawn, the budget and tone was notably superior to much of the previous episodes and I love the 'event' feel to it all.
I was impressed by how much it pulled together the seasons various stories, right from the opening with Van Gogh I knew we were going to be rewarded for our patience this season and it's various short comings. It was very notable how superior The Doctors characterisation and dialogue was from previous episodes, here he's treated very well and comes across as a credible character you can take seriously, I really do wish this more serious and intelligent treatment would be made more prominent as The Doctor does need to be seen as the calm in the eye of the storm frequently raging around him, not some overactive idiot.

There were many moments that were very impressive in this episode, big & small, but the added dimension given to the Cybermen was one that really stood out for me, it's a slight revamp and i didn't quite catch whether these were the Cybus Cybermen or the 'real' Cybermen of this universe but with a couple oof clever twist Steve Moffatt has revamped them in a powerful and very interesting way. The Cyber-nerd inside me is once more excited by them and wants more soon. :Doctor 3D:

I wish I could say Karen Gillen has grown on me but the more I see her the less I like her. Very very limited talent and range i'm afraid and I find her a very unreal character to watch as a result. On the other hand Rory I do like more and more, a simple enough chap who like anyone else does his best in a difficult situation. I do hope he makes it back as it makes for an interesting Trinity in the Tardis....
ianj
The Dominator
The Dominator

Shes a terrible actress; (I imagine only given the job because shes a fellow scot)...she reminds me of a lump of 4 by 2......totally flat and non-expressive. Still, the straight lads will fancy her in the mini-skirt, anyway!

What do we gay-boys get............................?? NOTHING. NOTHING........................ianj
greystone

Hope so.
xylok b

OM phucking God that was undescribily good, perhaps the best episode in the whole of doctor who history, the whole 46 years, there's absoloutely no flaws in it at all, Vincent Van Gogh superb, the New daleks surprisingly good in this episode they've grown on me, the cybermen are at last scary again, omg, it's like the thing, all the returning enemies, what could possibley happen next week. 13/10
Mike Nuttall
Site Owner
Site Owner

chap with wings wrote:
Mike Nuttall wrote:

You ask Mikey, and I deliver, I have been trying to post from the Iphone for the last half an hour to no success, so here I am in The heart of Wings Operations bringing you my reaction:

"Well, it started with the best pre credits ever, suitably epic very remeniscent of The Stolen Earth, Mrs Wings got goosebumps so it must have been good! The pace kept up until they got to the Pandorica, and once you found out the aliens were coming it sort of slowed to a halt, The Doctor doing his speech left me feeling so what, and Amy and Rory's reunion wasn't that emotional.
Things really really stepped up a gear once River Song got into the TARDIS, real edge of the seat stuff, and who was the voice in the TARDIS saying "silence will fall"?
While I am on the topic of River Song, how stunningly beautiful is she in this one ??? Second only in my mind to Mrs Wings.
So the cliff hanger, what a corked and no "next time" trailer either.
So overall 7/10, actually make that 8/10 the extra point for River Song being so stunning!!!!"
I agree it did slow down a little after the alien ships zoomed off.

I haven't been that impressed with Amy as the companion this year, I think they've failed to develop the character maybe because this is the moment we find out everything. The emotional reunion with Rory was rather nice I thought but I got a bit confused whether it was the real Rory or an Auton. If it was Auton Rory why was he experiencing emotions, it's a plastic copy? If the plastic copy retains the personality, individuality, experiences and emotions of the original that would wouldn't make sense because essentially the Autons are just animated killing machines. Then of course the hand came open and he shot her. Then we get him as a remorseful Auton killing machine. Very confusing.

It's going to be a beggar of a job getting out of that cliffhanger. I think maybe the Doctor has done a "Silver Nemesis", he's just pretending to be a victim and he knew he was going to end up being placed in the Pandorica. Maybe he built it and it's a trap but one that he's springing on his enemies.

I can't believe I've got to wait a whole week to see the second part :geek:

THE DALEK SUPREME

ianj wrote:Shes a terrible actress; (I imagine only given the job because shes a fellow scot)...she reminds me of a lump of 4 by 2......totally flat and non-expressive. Still, the straight lads will fancy her in the mini-skirt, anyway!

What do we gay-boys get............................?? NOTHING. NOTHING........................ianj
You get Rory dressed as a Centurion, what more do you want? :lol:

You and Zenith are right I'm sorry to say. Karen is a lovely girl but as an actress she's got a limited range. I've been waiting for her to blossom all series and it's only tonight that she's been given any real acting to do or decent dialogue.

Return to “SERIES 5”

• Information