The 13th Doctor's Rig-Out...

robbo13

Horrendous. Glad I'm taking my leave of the show while she's the lead.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Martin_Kinsella wrote:
Servorobot wrote:I think the braces are the worst part.

Braces look good on no one.

A proper pair of woman’s trousers would have worked a whole lot better.

Anyway ......

Culottes, or maybe Jeggings.
I was thinking more Tennant like, except not brown.
-JMW-

Servorobot wrote:I think the braces are the worst part.

Braces look good on no one.

A proper pair of woman’s trousers would have worked a whole lot better.

Anyway ......
You might need a time machine to convince the Doctor about that fashion faux-pa ;)

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW
Head of Security

Yeah, but they were blokes Justin.

This time it’s a woman.

Again it’s my point about piking out after casting a woman by dressing her in a similar way to when the Doctor had a wily.

Point being, why bother changing gender if the costume doesn’t change?

Seems a bit pointless to me,
-JMW-

Servorobot wrote:Yeah, but they were blokes Justin.

This time it’s a woman.

Again it’s my point about piking out after casting a woman by dressing her in a similar way to when the Doctor had a wily.

I have never seen the Doctor's regular costume feature a series of horizontal stripes across the chest, nor trousers cut above the ankle.....

I think some people just want to complain about "something"...."too different"..."too much the same"...."too dull"...."too bright"....

grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMW
Senior Moderator

This time it’s a woman.

Now if they had dressed her like Servalan in her pomp. That would rock.
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Martin_Kinsella wrote:

This time it’s a woman.

Now if they had dressed her like Servalan in her pomp. That would rock.
Now you’re talking!

Unfortunately she’s not the villain. They should have dressed Missy that way.
iank

This trainwreck just keeps getting funnier and funnier. :floorroll:

And yes, the cowpat is the perfect metaphor. What a laughing stock this program has become.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
Kajaboy

I see she likes a jumble sale.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Plain Old Dave

The Doctor's fashion sense is vaguely Victorian or Edwardian. This looks like a Sarah Jane and Bill mashup.

Never mind that the Doctor doesn't work as a female character.
zoot

She looks like a total dork. I think it's a great costume. 12 always had a very cool, very sartorial style. This is a nice contrast.
Braxiatel

What fresh cancelled Sears catalog hell is this?!
Dr Scott

Not what I was expecting but then I'm not sure what I was expecting?

I did have the thought that the costume might be like Romana II's Velvet Pertwee coat from that Virgin MA cover (sorry can't remember the title).

Bit bland, maybe a bit Davisonesque?

Confused

Dr Scott
Amyiszygon

I hate it.

I absolutely hate it.

After being all excited for female doctor they do this to me (not that anything about me actual matters).

As said before previously by posters on here, why cast woman and then not dress her in something predominately feminine such as long dress or tight pants or knee high boots. Seriously they should do something that accentuates her figure not try hide it from everybody. The only reason I feel they are doing this and dressing her like some kids television presenter (with little to no sign of her womanly features) is because focus is now on making show more of a family friendly kids show, which I think is wrong direction to take in age of popular high concept dramas like Americans, House Of Cards, Westworld, Star Wars, The Expanse, Games Of Thrones, Vikings, The Last Kindom etc. Doctor Who is in a perfect position to take advantage of it's huge name recognition both here and in the States but instead of making it more like Torchwood, it looks like just judging show on costume reveal alone, Chibnall and his bosses at BBC are more set to turn it into Class and we all know how that turned out. My prediction is the show will last another couple of years before it being officially cancelled in 2020. BBC will then sell the license to whoever first purchases Terry Nation estate. Let's all just try and enjoy it while it lasts ...

:cry:
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Amyiszygon wrote:I hate it.

I absolutely hate it.

After being all excited for female doctor they do this to me (not that anything about me actual matters).

As said before previously by posters on here, why cast woman and then not dress her in something predominately feminine such as long dress or tight pants or knee high boots. Seriously they should do something that accentuates her figure not try hide it from everybody. The only reason I feel they are doing this and dressing her like some kids television presenter (with little to no sign of her womanly features) is because focus is now on making show more of a family friendly kids show, which I think is wrong direction to take in age of popular high concept dramas like Americans, House Of Cards, Westworld, Star Wars, The Expanse, Games Of Thrones, Vikings, The Last Kindom etc. Doctor Who is in a perfect position to take advantage of it's huge name recognition both here and in the States but instead of making it more like Torchwood, it looks like just judging show on costume reveal alone, Chibnall and his bosses at BBC are more set to turn it into Class and we all know how that turned out. My prediction is the show will last another couple of years before it being officially cancelled in 2020. BBC will then sell the license to whoever first purchases Terry Nation estate. Let's all just try and enjoy it while it lasts ...

:cry:
Yeah, this is a total disaster.

I agree. Jodie will either quit at the end of her first season, saying "I have proven that a woman can successfully play the part and now, having done that, I am ready to move onto new challenges!" or she will stagger to the end of a second series to save face and just say the same then.

But that costume is of no help to her whatsoever. Someone pointed out that the stripes across the t shirt are similar to Tom's scarf, but I don't think corny kisses to the past like that are helpful in this case. It just looks to me like a badly dressed Romana. A poll on the costume would be quite telling, but the negative comments everywhere seem to outweigh the positive ones. And the word "Mork" keeps cropping up a lot too.

As a train wreck, it is fascinating to watch though. More fascinating than the show has become anyway. ;)
Hewy

Mork from Ork's cousin?

Noticed this has already been picked up on? Bet it lasts about three episodes before she changes for something else. Sonic sunglasses anyone?
"... But you can't rewrite history, not one line ..." Driven by Hewylogic© inside

"...we had the satisfaction of finding the finest harbour in the world, in which a thousand sail of the line may ride in the most perfect security..."
— Governor Arthur Phillip, 15 May 1788 Sydney Cove - Port Jackson
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

One has to wonder: how much of this is Jodie's idea - and how much is bad advice from the costume designers? :?
thecypher

The Ginger Cat wrote:And there was me thinking it was a rock. :lol:

https://twitter.com/TomSpilsbury/status ... 8377391104
It's a foreshadowing of that Series 11 will be in terms of quality.. :lol:
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
-JMW-

thecypher wrote:It's a foreshadowing of that Series 11 will be in terms of quality.. :lol:
Let's hope so. Out with the old, in with the new.

JMW

-JMW- wrote:
thecypher wrote:It's a foreshadowing of what Series 11 will be in terms of quality.. :lol:
Let's hope so. Out with the old, in with the new.
I dunno what's worse, an old cowpat or a fresh one.. :floorroll:
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

Return to “The Whittaker Era”

• Information