Yes
20%
No
80%

Total votes: 55
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

I'm curious now that Series Eleven is over, what are your thoughts on the Thirteenth Doctor? Did you warm to her or has she still yet to have won you over?
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

I have to say "No". I didn't dislike her, but I can't go so far as to say that I liked her either.

You should have added a "meh" option...
tony ingram

No. I can't accept the idea of a female Doctor, anyway, but if I could, she'd need to be played by a far better actress. Whittaker is just bland.
chap with wings

I liked her and Bradley Walsh but mostly the writing was awful.
"It can become a kind of franchise where it's not a real character at all, but just an amalgam of elements that people think are Doctor Who: a scarf, a bow tie... I wanted to be the actual Doctor Who." - Peter Capaldi

Follow me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/BlogFinish

My Big Finish Review Archive is here - http://blogfinishplanetmondas.blogspot.co.uk/
Rubbernecking

I got used to her being The Doctor but never got much "I am watching The Doctor!" as I'd had watching one series of previous Doctors.
But not outright liking or even not liking her. Nowhere near as disastrous as it could have been, but still some way I'm happy to see them make her Doctor more likeable. Some sunny day...
Voted no. But still think it could be done.
Darren Lake

Her? That would be dumb. I think he’s okay, and I don’t mind the fact he’s being played by an actress, but they’ve got to stop making him so ‘quippy’. It’s very childish.
pmname

No, I don't.
I didn't like her in that other thing, 'Trust Me', where she also pretended to be a doctor.
I'm open to change and was hoping to be surprised but alas, no.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

LizR wrote:I have to say "No". I didn't dislike her, but I can't go so far as to say that I liked her either.

You should have added a "meh" option...
I would agree with this.

And yes the writing was awful and Bradley Walsh was good because the writers seemed to think he was the only companion.
Kajaboy

I've only seen bits of the trailers and she's come across as terrible so it's a no from me.
My next door neighbour mixed up her KY jelly with the superglue. I asked her how she managed that but her lips are sealed.
Marco's Voice

It's not that I dislike Jodie Whitaker, I just don't think her interpretation of the Doctor is very good.

She plays the part in a 'daft as a brush/Peggy from Hi-de-Hi' style.

Not good.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Presumably the ultimate responsibility is with Chibnall, in the sense that as far as I know she's a good actress, so it must be the writing and direction that has led to her being the Bubble Doctor.
Marco's Voice

LizR wrote:Presumably the ultimate responsibility is with Chibnall, in the sense that as far as I know she's a good actress, so it must be the writing and direction that has led to her being the Bubble Doctor.
In her quieter moments she shows flashes of being a good Doctor. But these are few and far between.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

Marco's Voice wrote:It's not that I dislike Jodie Whitaker, I just don't think her interpretation of the Doctor is very good.

Not good.
Maybe they should just give the role to Su Pollard and then we can all give up watching. :D
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Her arrival....

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

pmname wrote: I didn't like her in that other thing, 'Trust Me', where she also pretended to be a doctor.

Talking of which, here's Jodie in other things, prior to who.....

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The 13th Doctor in "showdown with your arch enemy mode".....

In all fairness, at least she has stopped the scronch faces. :?

Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Servorobot wrote:
Marco's Voice wrote:It's not that I dislike Jodie Whitaker, I just don't think her interpretation of the Doctor is very good.

Not good.
Maybe they should just give the role to Su Pollard and then we can all give up watching. :D

:lol:
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Glad someone added Sue Pollard to Bubble. What we get is a cross of those two and I don't want either. I too hate the idea of a female Doctor, but where Michelle Gomez won me over as a character despite the fact I couldn't think of her as The Master, JW fails miserably. She also had a silly costume. Moff loves to pinch from other things thinking it's clever, this time Mary Poppins. And yet it's STILL not as sh*t as JW's.
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

paulhickling wrote: She also had a silly costume. Moff loves to pinch from other things thinking it's clever, this time Mary Poppins. And yet it's STILL not as sh*t as JW's.
Agreed Paul.

I have always thought that JW's costume showed the mindset of someone who actually didn't have a clue about the inner depths or history of the (completely un-researched) character that they were about to play; thus it was "anything goes" with both the character and the costume too - as there are now "no rules" of course. :(
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

No rules. Don't we know it.

Return to “The Whittaker Era”

• Information