"THASMIN": A Good Idea?

Is a Doctor 13/Yaz Onscreen Relationship a Good Idea?

YES: It could well be just what the show needs.
13%
YES, BUT: Rose and 10 worked because the two actors had chemistry. These pair have none. So I like the idea, but it's likely doomed to fail/fall flat.
No votes
UNSURE: It just might work. It might not.
No votes
NO: Please, just don't go there!
7%
GIVE ME A CALL WHEN CHIBNALL & WHITTAKER ARE GONE: I'm not interested in anything those two do now. Maybe the next showrunner/star will be better.
20%
LET ME KNOW WHEN THE SHOW IS CANCELLED!: I'm not interested in anything the BBC do from now on. The problems run deeper than simply replacing a showrunner and Doctor.
60%

Total votes: 15
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The 13th Doctor and Yasmin Khan in a romantic relationship; along the lines of 10 and Rose Tyler?

Will the BBC go there?

Should the BBC go there?

And will you be watching?

Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

A complete an utter joke from a show that has long ceased to be Doctor Who.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Same answer as with Ten and Rose - no, (s)he's supposed to be an alien, and she's a stupid ape. The only type of relationship the Doctor should have with humans is being friends.
johnshoo

I thought it was a bad idea when RTD tried it with Ten and Rose and I have less confidence in Chibnall as a writer than I did with RTD. So, no thanks.
StellarX

A 'romance' angle between the lead character and any assistant has no business in the series.
Cygnus Prime
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Yeah, it just reminds me, if one thinks about it too long, of a kind of vampire-ish THE HUNGER type situation. The Doctor falls madly in love with a companion who falls madly in love with him. This is the love of his life.

But that companion will be short lived dust as far as the Doctor is concerned - So he watches one die, then moves onto the next love of his life, never, or rarely mentioning the others who have been before.

Just best not to go there?

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Never seen the film but the book was good, back before Whitley Streiber realised he'd been taken over by aliens.

Actually that plot reminds me of this guy who had a similar problem of his beloveds dying off whlie he lived on.
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security

It’s a tedious idea bit at least it would give Yas something to do finally. :lol:
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

Well, a lesbian relationship certainly wouldn't "celebrate the male gaze", because I'm reliably informed blokes never, ever get off on watching women smooching. :roll:

Return to “The Whittaker Era”

• Information