Series 11 Spoiler Thread

For discussion of spoilers for the 11th series of Nu-Who
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

iank wrote:Please tell me this is not true. FFS I thought we were done with this joke character with Moffhack off. Besides, isn't she dead?!
Well, Charles Dickens is dead, but he managed to turn up. ;)

Apart from that, though, why do we need this particularly two-dimensional character back? New broom, etc... :roll:

Although it's possible that CC will take the character and make her more interesting - OK, it would have to be a LOT more interesting... :evil:
"[this story] dates from the period in which science fiction fans did not take themselves quite so seriously as nowadays, and those who made religion from an enthusiasm were generally mocked for it." -- Michael Moorcock, from the introduction to "Elric at the End of Time" (1983). Lucky that comment could never be applied to modern SF fans... :roll:

My crosswords are on my homepage & Android phones - install Alphacross and select "Māyā's Cryptic Puzzles" :D
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

Let's just stick to spoilers and discussion thereof thanks.

EDIT: Some off-topic posts have been moved here: Classic Who vs. NuWho
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Ginger Cat wrote:Looks like some geezer called Jamie Childs is directing the opening block or summat.
Yes, he's also the one who directed the Wimbledon reveal.
Martin_Kinsella
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Eddie from OS tweeted, somewhat mischievously, that there will be a season every two years from 2018.

Is this just mischief making or likely ?
J'aime Le Chameau Orteil.
Rubbernecking

Martin_Kinsella wrote:Eddie from OS tweeted, somewhat mischievously, that there will be a season every two years from 2018.

Is this just mischief making or likely ?
Could fit in with the suspicions a friend and I have that Jodie will be a one series deal. Followed by another one shot deal.
But at least we'll have YouTube videos of people complaining Jodie is going to balance out the videos of Jodie arriving.

I have no proof or evidence Jodie is a one shot deal. (By shot I mean series) Whatever they do I don't think the show will return to the highest ratings of a few years ago. But as someone who remembers S26 I have no problem with it being ignored by the masses!
iank

The less the better.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Can't remember when I've had less interest or concern over my favourite telly series. One series every two years? Am I bothered? To be honest it's not the worst news I've heard about Doctor Who in very recent years. Everything that comes along seems like another nail in the coffin.
date542

paulhickling wrote:Can't remember when I've had less interest or concern over my favourite telly series. One series every two years? Am I bothered? To be honest it's not the worst news I've heard about Doctor Who in very recent years. Everything that comes along seems like another nail in the coffin.

Not just me that feels like that then...wouldn`t even be bothered if they pulled the plug on it--13 years is a fair crack--some good,..some bad...a lot mediocre...
iank

The only concern I have is that axing new poo would again marginalise the program in the mainstream, and most likely cause the death of things like animations, which are basically the only thing there is to look forward to as a fan these days. :cry:
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
thecypher

date542 wrote:
paulhickling wrote:Can't remember when I've had less interest or concern over my favourite telly series. One series every two years? Am I bothered? To be honest it's not the worst news I've heard about Doctor Who in very recent years. Everything that comes along seems like another nail in the coffin.

Not just me that feels like that then...wouldn`t even be bothered if they pulled the plug on it--13 years is a fair crack--some good,..some bad...a lot mediocre...
Ditto.

Well, it's either that or the depression! :lol:
iank wrote:The only concern I have is that axing new poo..
"New Poo"
:floorroll:
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Apparently Radio Times will have a major feature on the new series in about two weeks time, and a summary of what was in it has been leaked
As has been long rumoured the series will be fully serialised telling one (main) story. What hadn't been mentioned before is that Chibnall will be writing the lot, which is the main reason why it's only ten episodes. The plan is to bring back other writers for subsequent series and add a couple more episodes back to the length. The BBC will also be heavily promoting this as a brand-new jumping on point, so don't expect any returning characters/enemies/monsters.

The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor.

That's everything that was mentioned so far and like I say I'll believe it when the story actually appears (or doesn't) in print but we've been promised something radical and that would certainly fit the bill.
https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/possibl ... es.291158/
thecypher

Zarius wrote:Apparently Radio Times will have a major feature on the new series in about two weeks time, and a summary of what was in it has been leaked
As has been long rumoured the series will be fully serialised telling one (main) story. What hadn't been mentioned before is that Chibnall will be writing the lot, which is the main reason why it's only ten episodes. The plan is to bring back other writers for subsequent series and add a couple more episodes back to the length. The BBC will also be heavily promoting this as a brand-new jumping on point, so don't expect any returning characters/enemies/monsters.

The premise is pretty wild as well: in the first episode something will happen that splits the Doctor and TARDIS in three stranding them on Earth in the past (1968), present (2018) and future (2068). The TARDISes won't be able to travel in time but can still travel in space so it won't be entirely Earthbound. And while there are three Companions each Doctor will only have one, which explains how Bradley Walsh is able to do this while still carrying on with his other work.

The main narrative thrust for the series will be the Doctor(s) trying to put themselves back together again; each of them will have a distinct personality and they are able to communicate, so we get a multi-Doctor experience with only one Doctor.

That's everything that was mentioned so far and like I say I'll believe it when the story actually appears (or doesn't) in print but we've been promised something radical and that would certainly fit the bill.
That sounds like an utterly terrible idea. Plus, the last Doctor Who-related (sort of) show that was written by one guy was cancelled.

This show is pretty f*cked :D
"That’s monstrous! Vaporisation without representation is against the constitution!"
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Doctor's new rig-out then...

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... 9586788352

Look's a bit like a Playschool presenter from the 70's...
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mork calling Orson
johnshoo

thecypher wrote:
Zarius wrote:Apparently Radio Times will have a major feature on the new series in about two weeks time, and a summary of what was in it has been leaked

That sounds like an utterly terrible idea. Plus, the last Doctor Who-related (sort of) show that was written by one guy was cancelled.

This show is pretty f*cked :D
If this is true then I completely agree that this sounds like a terrible idea, especially for Whitaker's first series. Splitting her Doctor in three, each with different personalities, before we even get to know the character in the first place?
johnshoo

The Ginger Cat wrote:The Doctor's new rig-out then...

The new costume is lacking something to make it distinctive or memorable, IMO. However. I have friends who have commented positively on it and like it because it's "cosplay friendly".
thecypher

johnshoo wrote:
The Ginger Cat wrote:The Doctor's new rig-out then...

The new costume is lacking something to make it distinctive or memorable, IMO. However. I have friends who have commented positively on it and like it because it's "cosplay friendly".
When she takes that coat off she's going to look like some lost woman on the beech.. besides the coat, not very Doctor-ish.
johnshoo

thecypher wrote:
johnshoo wrote: The new costume is lacking something to make it distinctive or memorable, IMO. However. I have friends who have commented positively on it and like it because it's "cosplay friendly".
When she takes that coat off she's going to look like some lost woman on the beech.. besides the coat, not very Doctor-ish.
My first thought was that if I didn't know any better I'd have guessed she was cast as the new companion.
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

johnshoo wrote:
thecypher wrote:
johnshoo wrote: The new costume is lacking something to make it distinctive or memorable, IMO. However. I have friends who have commented positively on it and like it because it's "cosplay friendly".
My first thought was that if I didn't know any better I'd have guessed she was cast as the new companion.
If only.
date542

Nah....not fussed--looks like a stand-in playschool teacher...missed a trick by not dressing her in the sort of thing that Meryl Streep wore in `Out of Africa`--sort of Edwardian tropical explorerer..creams and khakis, jodhpurs/shorts/skirt, boots and mix the jacket up with light McCoy style or a battered flying jacket..possibly even a hat which as a woman she would probably be able to get away with...

Return to “SERIES 11 SPOILERS”

• Information