SERIES 12 SPOILERS

User avatar
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden
Posts: 20959
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

"The best of the series so far" is possible, they might be improving as they go along, at least in his opinion.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's any good, only that it's less bad than the previous ones.
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

User avatar
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden
Posts: 20959
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

So far, so meh. If the Beeb can't even do a historical properly when Dr Who's involved... (I think they already blew it on the accents, but after the last one that isn't surprising.)

Oh well, we'll see. Maybe Chibs will surprise me. :roll:
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Confirmed from Tracie Simpson at Gallifrey One....filming for series 13 won't start until September 2020.

https://twitter.com/ATBPublishing/statu ... de%3Dfalse
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

A review of Sunday's episode (from the cook'd and bomb'd forums)
I quite liked this one, it's a decent stab at Who doing Gothic horror, a good old-fashioned dark and stormy haunted house yarn (but with sci-fi trappings, obviously). It's the only time Chibnall's Who has ever been remotely creepy.

The dialogue isn't terrible, it's competently-directed and the plot keeps you guessing.

On the downside, the famous historical supporting characters are thinly sketched - even Byron comes across as bland.

Apart from that and a few other spoilery things which bothered me a bit, it's alright.
https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/ ... .2400.html

(look for user Ballad of Ballard Berkley)
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

Zarius wrote:
God, Jodie's bloody irritating. Barely made it through that sneak peek thing.
User avatar
iank
 
 
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:40 am
Contact:

Zarius wrote:Confirmed from Tracie Simpson at Gallifrey One....filming for series 13 won't start until September 2020.

https://twitter.com/ATBPublishing/statu ... de%3Dfalse
Why are they even still making this laughing stock failure?
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
User avatar
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden
Posts: 20959
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 am
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Contact:

iank wrote:Why are they even still making this laughing stock failure?
I can't imagine.

By the way, have you seen the new intro sequence?
[img]https://redice.tv/a/i/n/12/21578moneyspiral.jpg[/img]
User avatar
Servorobot
Head of Security
Head of Security
Posts: 9770
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

iank wrote:
Zarius wrote:Confirmed from Tracie Simpson at Gallifrey One....filming for series 13 won't start until September 2020.

https://twitter.com/ATBPublishing/statu ... de%3Dfalse
Why are they even still making this laughing stock failure?
The only logical conclusion I can come to is that they desperately crave your opinion Ian since you proffer it so frequently.

They are obviously very strange people, but you are obviously keeping them going and you don’t even watch it.
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

It’s the beginning of the end in tonight’s spooky episode, which sees a surprise that propels the Doctor and gang into the thrilling two part series finale. You don’t want to miss it!
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... 5485310982
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Please tune into #TalktorDoctor tonight at 8.30 to discussed your thoughts on Ep 8.

Oh! And we have news regarding the future of Doctor Who. I know! Don't get too excited mind you, we normally just make it up. Chat from 7pm.
User avatar
Heccypoo
 
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 pm
Location: Tracy Island
Contact:

Zarius wrote:
It’s the beginning of the end in tonight’s spooky episode, which sees a surprise that propels the Doctor and gang into the thrilling two part series finale. You don’t want to miss it!
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... 5485310982
Now that we all know about the rude bits, aren't they rude? And as we get older, they get ruder and ruder. :oops:
User avatar
The Ginger Cat
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 11823
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm
Location: Hell
Contact:

Episode 9 | Next Time Trailer | Ascension of the Cybermen | Doctor Who: Series 12

User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Eddie on Talktor Doctor says the series and Chibnall will be up for review after the series finishes.
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

the #DoctorWho trailer bbca posted cut out 2 bits from the tv one that I haven't seen online (yaz saying "you need to let us out" and the lone cyberman saying "the ascension shall begin"), so I figured I'd post it if anyone wanted to see :p

https://twitter.com/booperdoopcr/status ... 2Fpage-859

Does Julie Graham come off a bit...Doctory to you?
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Zarius wrote:
the #DoctorWho trailer bbca posted cut out 2 bits from the tv one that I haven't seen online (yaz saying "you need to let us out" and the lone cyberman saying "the ascension shall begin"), so I figured I'd post it if anyone wanted to see :p

https://twitter.com/booperdoopcr/status ... 2Fpage-859

Does Julie Graham come off a bit...Doctory to you?
And now on Youtube

User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Zarius wrote:
Zarius wrote:
the #DoctorWho trailer bbca posted cut out 2 bits from the tv one that I haven't seen online (yaz saying "you need to let us out" and the lone cyberman saying "the ascension shall begin"), so I figured I'd post it if anyone wanted to see :p

https://twitter.com/booperdoopcr/status ... 2Fpage-859

Does Julie Graham come off a bit...Doctory to you?
And now on Youtube

And now set to private...hmmm...maybe Julie Graham's two seconds on screen was too spoilery?
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

The Lone Cyberman may also be the rumoured Cyber Zealot (listen closely to Chibnall towards the end)

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... 2Fpage-861
User avatar
Zarius
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2042
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:11 am
Contact:

Here's a sneak peek at the Cyber-Wars in the next episode, 'Ascension of the Cybermen'
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status ... gr%5Etweet
Post Reply

Return to “SERIES 12 SPOILERS”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests