THE TIMELESS CHILD REVELATIONS: Do You Accept Them as Canon?

THE TIMELESS CHILD REVELATIONS: Do You Accept Them as Canon?

YES: I have no problem with these additions to the lore.
12%
NO CHANCE: Never will I accept this!
48%
MAYBE: I'm still on the fence. Let's see what future episodes do with this!
5%
WHO CARES: I am done with New Who
35%

Total votes: 66
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sid Rat wrote:For people who purport to be big fans of the programme they do seem to want to change an awful lot of it.
Precisely the reason I often wonder what the hell attracted these jokers to the show in the first place. They want to change it SO much that they obviously thought it was so sh*t it needed 'improving'.
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

When I say "the First Doctor" I mean the first Doctor post the Division era, post the mindwipe, post being turned back into a child to live life as a normal regular Time Lord. Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't confuse too many people. Anyway, back to reality...
:)

So, here it is! The complete history - well, until someone else decides to rewrite it.
iank

paulhickling wrote:
Sid Rat wrote:For people who purport to be big fans of the programme they do seem to want to change an awful lot of it.
Precisely the reason I often wonder what the hell attracted these jokers to the show in the first place. They want to change it SO much that they obviously thought it was so sh*t it needed 'improving'.
If there's one thing all new series showrunners have in common it's pure, undiluted ego.
(Doctor Who) has been hijacked and redefined as a lucrative modern franchise. They've literally taken a square peg and painfully made it fit a round hole by taking enormous liberties with much of its fundamental essence. There's no turning back now.

- ozymandias, The Leisure Hive 2010
paulhickling
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It's one of the biggest differences isn't it? The ego. All three have massive ones. You don't get Terrence Dicks saying how wonderful he himself is, or even Bob Holmes is. Not to the extent that all the current mob really indulge in the backslapping routine. Dicks would certainly say how much he liked what Bob Holmes did and how much he enjoyed adapting his scripts for Target. And very happy to say when Homes rode roughshod over his work to the point where he took his name off! Imagine RTD re-writing Moff! There'd be a meltdown in Cardiff.

But there is a much bigger feeling of collaboration among the old crowd.
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

When I say "the First Doctor" I mean the first Doctor post the Division era, post the mindwipe, post being turned back into a child to live life as a normal regular Time Lord. Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't confuse too many people. Anyway, back to reality...
What a load of rubbish.

William Hartnell is and will always be the original Doctor. To suggest that there are others before him is an insult to the show's history.
The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
Bowtiesarecool
Former Team Member
Former Team Member

NO!

The Doctor died with Capaldi. The Chibnall era is non-canon.

There are no Doctors before William Hartnell.

Without respect, we reject.

#NotmyDoctor
LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

That's no good, they missed out Joanna Lumley.
Sid Rat

The first three minutes of this Comic-Con International panel is sadly rather amusing:

LizR
Irony Maiden
Irony Maiden

That seems to sum it up. The origins of the Time Lords not actually explained, just made horribly complicated (and horrible) for no good reason (except to expand Chibnall's ego).
johnshoo

Sid Rat wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:47 pm
The first three minutes of this Comic-Con International panel is sadly rather amusing:
That was hilarious. It's like Chibnall's 1986 "it could have been slightly better written" moment mirrored back upon him.

Return to “The Whittaker Era”

• Information